Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 07:08:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DT "say anything" thread  (Read 355547 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #1950 on: August 29, 2020, 10:48:48 AM »

Garages are good.  Motorcycle theft hasn't slowed one bit here.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1951 on: August 30, 2020, 06:13:07 AM »

Ahh, right. Nor, I imagine, has bicycle theft. I still harbor some unpleasant feelings from my attempt to reclaim a stolen bike - my own custom build - from Craigslist after going to the police with my pictures of the bike, the complete build list, serial numbers, and receipts and being told there was nothing they could do.

Now I'm thinking about my biciclettes. I don't want to get rid of any of them, but if we don't end up with a garage, there's no way Jen will let them all stay in the living room!

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1952 on: August 30, 2020, 09:28:58 AM »

How many pedal pushers do you have now?

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1953 on: August 30, 2020, 09:47:13 AM »

I have a perfectly reasonable stable. 1 road, 1 town, 1 rigid mountain, and 1 FS mountain. Jen also has 2, but she's willing to let one go. So, probably 5?

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1954 on: August 30, 2020, 06:34:05 PM »

Nice. Still have the Cielo?

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1955 on: August 31, 2020, 03:42:44 AM »

Yup. It's gone though a few incarnations, but it's back to simple road cruiser form now.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1956 on: August 31, 2020, 06:22:40 AM »

Cool. I've still got the Seven myself, but would like to sell/trade it for something more comfy...

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1957 on: August 31, 2020, 07:33:27 AM »

Totally understandable. The Cielo has some concessions now - wider bars with less reach, a 90 degree stem, and the fattest tires I could fit. I've thought about selling it to get a better fit frame, but the moneys are already invested in this one, and I'm not likely to find a better fit outside of unaffordable custom.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1958 on: August 31, 2020, 08:15:57 AM »

That’s exactly where I’m at. I could get the features I want, but would have to go carbon, and I’m spoiled with the longevity of the (no longer ideal) Ti frame I have.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1959 on: September 05, 2020, 12:49:03 PM »

That’s exactly where I’m at. I could get the features I want, but would have to go carbon, and I’m spoiled with the longevity of the (no longer ideal) Ti frame I have.

Would / could Seven rework the frame for you?  How much tweaking would it need? It may not be possible but I can't imagine you are too far away from what you would like?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1960 on: September 05, 2020, 01:10:40 PM »

I have a fine assortment of hammers and a can-do attitude....I'm sure we can figure something out  waytogo

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1961 on: September 05, 2020, 09:27:52 PM »

Would / could Seven rework the frame for you? 

I’m sure they could adjust a few things, but I’m also wanting the ability to run wider tires (there’s not much room around the 25s that are on it now) and disc brakes.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1962 on: September 06, 2020, 12:48:58 PM »

OK. Bigger tires & disc brakes. That changes everything!

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1963 on: September 10, 2020, 11:47:49 AM »

Total topic change - Mac, can I ask what the labor rate is at BME? Curious to see how island labor compares to where I am now. IIRC, our local German independent is ~$145/hour. The average indy shop is closer to $115.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1964 on: September 12, 2020, 10:22:55 PM »

139 low to average by island standards.  Labor rates around the country are highly geo responsive.

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: