Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 20, 2024, 03:59:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 133   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DT "say anything" thread  (Read 358158 times)
DRKWNG
« Reply #585 on: January 29, 2010, 03:41:12 PM »

me and elTristo did that in 08, on BMWs,

Yea, but an R1200GS handles is a far cry, ergo wise, from a sport bike.  Crazy thing about those bikes though, is that they will handle almost as good as a sport bike with a competent operator at the controls.
DRKWNG
« Reply #586 on: January 29, 2010, 03:50:55 PM »

<rant>

As some of you guys know, I have been sponsoring a Marine at work the last month or so under the wounded warrior program.  Well, his time is pretty much up, the medical command released him to go back to his unit as a sniper and he is set to leave on Monday.  Today, the NST chief comes down and we are all chatting.  Near the end of the conversation, she tells my Marine Corporal that the agency would like to offer him a direct hire position, and the band 4 level.  My jaw almost hit the make the beast with two backsing floor!!!  This guy has been the definition of squared away, but make the beast with two backs!!  A month's practical experience at the job and they are looking at hiring him as a GS-13??!! 

I need a drink.

</rant>
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #587 on: January 29, 2010, 04:12:09 PM »

Wowsers.  For a Corporal, not too shabby.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
DRKWNG
« Reply #588 on: January 29, 2010, 04:15:27 PM »

Yea, turns out the agency's director has taken a keen interest in hiring these guys on.  I think I feel a paper cut coming on.
doorsdude

« Reply #589 on: January 29, 2010, 04:24:47 PM »

ok soldier! step away from the ream of paper, now.  Grin
whackie

« Reply #590 on: January 29, 2010, 06:45:34 PM »

ok soldier! step away from the ream of paper, now.  Grin

lol, it's the military... there's no way around paperwork! danger everywhere  Roll Eyes

btw the weather is crappy as hell on this side. no use coming out for SS waipahu's stuff, prob rain out. it's a movie night.
teddy037.2
« Reply #591 on: January 29, 2010, 10:44:29 PM »

Yea, but an R1200GS handles is a far cry, ergo wise, from a sport bike.  Crazy thing about those bikes though, is that they will handle almost as good as a sport bike with a competent operator at the controls.

so you're saying jebus ain't competent?

all i'm saying is that we did the milage, fully loaded up, on bikes more than capable of making those roads "fun" at pace... and in any case, more fun than could be had on a cushy ol' sled.

they may not be pure sportbikes, but as far as handling is concerned, you basically backed up my side of the argument.

you couldn't pay me to redo that trip on a cruiser.

ok, well... you could pay me... only because i'm cheap like that. if I were to repeat that trip, there is no way in hell I'd do it on a cruiser.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 10:46:49 PM by teddy037.2 » Logged
doorsdude

« Reply #592 on: January 30, 2010, 07:01:17 AM »

well some of us ride because riding is well, riding, and we'll do it on any bike.  we can all rip up the twisties and that is the best of all worlds (for me anyway), but sometimes just being on the road is where its at.  in my experience cruisers are the cheapest and easyest to rent and that is the only reason i recommended them.

where did you rent the bmw's from and for how much if i may ask?
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #593 on: January 30, 2010, 07:13:15 AM »

www.dubbelju.com

DRKWNG
« Reply #594 on: January 30, 2010, 01:43:49 PM »

so you're saying jebus ain't competent?

Not at all.  I was saying that riding a GS is much more comfortable than riding a sport bike.  And then later I was saying that the 1200GS bikes handle really well, especially if the rider knows what they are doing on them. 
doorsdude

« Reply #595 on: January 30, 2010, 03:46:10 PM »

cool thanks for the link.  will check it out for sure.  rates on the cruisers appear to be in line with what one can get from eaglerider.  i have rented from eaglerider a few times and can get a bit of a discount from them.  the more options the better. Smiley
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #596 on: January 31, 2010, 06:07:01 AM »

Not at all.  I was saying that riding a GS is much more comfortable than riding a sport bike.  And then later I was saying that the 1200GS bikes handle really well, especially if the rider knows what they are doing on them. 

I knew how to alost fly off a cliff after passing a REAALLLY irritating mini van on PCH...

DRKWNG
« Reply #597 on: January 31, 2010, 06:56:17 AM »

I knew how to alost fly off a cliff after passing a REAALLLY irritating mini van on PCH...

laughingdp laughingdp
teddy037.2
« Reply #598 on: January 31, 2010, 07:25:53 AM »

I hated that van! so, sooo much.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #599 on: February 10, 2010, 06:04:50 PM »

I'm thinking it's Saturday afternoon ride & drink beers at Varsity time.  Wink  chug

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 133   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: