Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 06:37:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 133   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DT "say anything" thread  (Read 355541 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #810 on: July 25, 2010, 06:37:26 AM »

I've been using that button fairly frequently of late also...problem is, I return a good portion of what I purchase...wrong size, not quite what I wanted, didn't really need it, etc... Sad

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DRKWNG
« Reply #811 on: July 25, 2010, 07:02:16 AM »

I know about that button and used it a couple of weeks ago to set in motion the next mod/evolution.

OH OH!!  Do tell!!   Grin
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #812 on: July 25, 2010, 12:29:15 PM »

And a sexy black swinger.   Grin

Is it still running stock compression ratio?

CR is up on the new bike. Evo is at 13.2:1  as opposed to 12:1 on the 2010 & older bikes. Torque output is bit higher too.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #813 on: July 25, 2010, 12:32:30 PM »

OH OH!!  Do tell!!   Grin

It's just cosmetic. Something to pretty it up a bit. It may take a few more weeks to get all the work done. Waiting on a paint shop again then by the time they are done I'll have to drop the bike off for the 7.5K so it might be middle of August by the time things are done. I'll post a pic when that happens.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #814 on: July 25, 2010, 12:33:37 PM »

Dang!  Missed getting my Desmosedici today. How could they pull the wrong ticket?

DRKWNG
« Reply #815 on: July 25, 2010, 04:06:54 PM »

CR is up on the new bike. Evo is at 13.2:1  as opposed to 12:1 on the 2010 & older bikes. Torque output is bit higher too.

VROOOM!!!!
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #816 on: July 30, 2010, 06:55:01 AM »

Too bad about the PCS.  The 3 star wants you to help make him look good whilst packaging it as a career beneficial placement for you and then there is all the other side effects of the posting. Good thing for beer & cigars. And good roads. How are those leather pants in that heat back there? I keep thinking about new pants and always am undecided between tex air pants & leathers. Did you know that Yamaha Keith wears leathers under his jeans?

DRKWNG
« Reply #817 on: July 30, 2010, 07:44:28 AM »

Haven't been able to try the leather pants here yet, as they just arrived last night and are still boxed up.  I will say that they will be outrageously hot here in the city though.  Most of the good riding is either at higher elevations or under pretty serious cover and ends up being quite a bit cooler, so I'm hoping it won't be too bad... 

Never had a problem with them in Hawaii.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #818 on: July 31, 2010, 05:13:53 PM »

I have only random pieces of tile where once there was a bathroom.  It's better than yesterday, where I had only filth and emptiness.  Still, no toilet, no sink, no shower.  Nothing like sweating for hours and having no convenient place to clean up after. 

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #819 on: July 31, 2010, 05:51:41 PM »

I have only random pieces of tile where once there was a bathroom.  It's better than yesterday, where I had only filth and emptiness.  Still, no toilet, no sink, no shower.  Nothing like sweating for hours and having no convenient place to clean up after. 

and the cause of your demolished bathroom?...

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #820 on: August 01, 2010, 06:30:25 AM »

A sledge and a chisel  Grin

It was the only major space that hadn't seen renovation.  Old ugly vinyl on top of older, uglier vinyl.  Rotting particle board cabinetry, toilet stained beyond repair.  It will all be worth it eventually, but I still dont have replacements for the toilet, sink, or cabinet.  Know anyplace worth checking in town?

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #821 on: August 01, 2010, 07:09:39 AM »

A sledge and a chisel  Grin

It was the only major space that hadn't seen renovation.  Old ugly vinyl on top of older, uglier vinyl.  Rotting particle board cabinetry, toilet stained beyond repair.  It will all be worth it eventually, but I still dont have replacements for the toilet, sink, or cabinet.  Know anyplace worth checking in town?

Since you're doing it yourself, then Home Depot & Lowes like everyone else... Grin

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #822 on: August 01, 2010, 03:13:47 PM »

Yeah, I done did those with no real luck.   Any other thoughts?

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #823 on: August 01, 2010, 03:31:49 PM »

Yeah, I done did those with no real luck.   Any other thoughts?

I heard Nieman Marcus can get you a gold plated tub, basin, commode combo...speciql order though... Grin

Seriously, what are you looking for?

DRKWNG
« Reply #824 on: August 01, 2010, 03:45:39 PM »

Sharper image, go carbon!!   Grin
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 133   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: