Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 08:35:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 133   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DT "say anything" thread  (Read 355341 times)
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #840 on: August 05, 2010, 08:06:03 PM »

Hey Zziller - your bike is weird.  It sits low, sure, but it turns oddly as well.  And your clutch is REALLY easy to pull.  And you can see things in your mirrors... what's the point in that?

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #841 on: August 05, 2010, 09:22:32 PM »

thinking of taking the bike to the big island for labor day weekend.

drool

You and all the Harley folks?   laughingdp

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
zzilla

<Insert something inspiring here>

« Reply #842 on: August 05, 2010, 09:35:40 PM »

Hey Zziller - your bike is weird.  It sits low, sure, but it turns oddly as well.  And your clutch is REALLY easy to pull.  And you can see things in your mirrors... what's the point in that?

I know! I need to get adjustable front and rear suspension bits, some clip-ons, and pull the trigger on the bar-end mirrors I've been looking at. Also need to replace brake lever that was "custom formed" when I dropped it the first time Grin

Oh yeah, and find a bit of carbon to cover the right side of the engine case that got scuffed up in aforementioned drop

Did I ever tell you the story about the Zen master and the little boy?
       -Gust Avrakotos
whackie

« Reply #843 on: August 05, 2010, 10:37:54 PM »

Aloha Air Cargo?... waytogo

young brothers. it's like 200 rd trip.

You and all the Harley folks?   laughingdp

actually, i think it's the same time frame. they get a good deal on shipping the bikes, since there's a crap load of them going. we won't be riding w/ them, but yeah a lot of them will be on island at the same time.

idk if u remem the advance class instructor, gary. he's kind of tall and talks w/ a slight lisp. it will be him, the wife, and another woman that i know.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #844 on: August 06, 2010, 06:28:46 AM »

young brothers. it's like 200 rd trip.

actually, i think it's the same time frame. they get a good deal on shipping the bikes, since there's a crap load of them going. we won't be riding w/ them, but yeah a lot of them will be on island at the same time.

idk if u remem the advance class instructor, gary. he's kind of tall and talks w/ a slight lisp. it will be him, the wife, and another woman that i know.

Gary, the older, like me, kind of guy that rides a Triumph of some sorts?  All in all it sounds like fun.  BTW, what bikes were you & Brian on last night? Or were you on a bike? I just saw a couple yellow Suzuki's in the parking lot.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
whackie

« Reply #845 on: August 06, 2010, 10:39:05 AM »

Gary, the older, like me, kind of guy that rides a Triumph of some sorts?  All in all it sounds like fun.  BTW, what bikes were you & Brian on last night? Or were you on a bike? I just saw a couple yellow Suzuki's in the parking lot.

there were 2 yellow and a silver svs, a yellow r1, my duc, and a another white 848. rob is the guy that just moved back from San Fran w/ the 848.

that reminds me, i forgot to ask him if he wants to come out on sunday... doh. he'll probably have to ask the wife anyways! lol, hope he reads this.  Grin
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #846 on: August 07, 2010, 08:38:13 AM »

I know! I need to get adjustable front and rear suspension bits, some clip-ons, and pull the trigger on the bar-end mirrors I've been looking at. Also need to replace brake lever that was "custom formed" when I dropped it the first time Grin

Oh yeah, and find a bit of carbon to cover the right side of the engine case that got scuffed up in aforementioned drop

I think the main oddness is really just from the different tires.  And the LOOOOOOOOOOW seat.  cheeky

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
zzilla

<Insert something inspiring here>

« Reply #847 on: August 07, 2010, 07:07:10 PM »

It's not low, it's afraid of heights! It's just trying to closer to the ground. Cheesy

Did I ever tell you the story about the Zen master and the little boy?
       -Gust Avrakotos
DRKWNG
« Reply #848 on: August 08, 2010, 02:20:25 PM »

Don't know if you have to be a member of the forum to view the pics or not, but just in case...

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=217858
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #849 on: August 08, 2010, 08:16:53 PM »

you have to be a member.

DRKWNG
« Reply #850 on: August 09, 2010, 12:29:18 AM »

you have to be a member.

Well that's no good then is it?  Figured you would be, or maybe you are and it's a secret...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #851 on: August 09, 2010, 06:27:53 AM »

I don't move like the vamps on True Blood.  Grin  This place gets most of my internet time, I dabble a bit at .ms and lurk over on Ducatispot. There's no time left over for bicycle forums but that could change.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #852 on: August 11, 2010, 03:08:08 PM »

from another forum...

http://www.flixxy.com/lucky-day.htm

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
whackie

« Reply #853 on: August 12, 2010, 12:13:43 AM »

highlights of tonight's conversation:

brian: so u have to come to this spouse thing on friday. be on base at 4:45.
me: it's a good thing we're not married. i don't want to go.
brian: grrr..

later on.

brian: they're thinking of sending me to a class in groton for the month of october, what do u think?
me: doesn't matter to me, just as long as the rent's paid.  Grin
brian: wait until i tell my senior chief that

lol, now do i really want to meet these ppl come friday?
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #854 on: August 12, 2010, 08:35:58 AM »

highlights of tonight's conversation:

brian: so u have to come to this spouse thing on friday. be on base at 4:45.
me: it's a good thing we're not married. i don't want to go.
brian: grrr..

later on.

brian: they're thinking of sending me to a class in groton for the month of october, what do u think?
me: doesn't matter to me, just as long as the rent's paid.  Grin
brian: wait until i tell my senior chief that

lol, now do i really want to meet these ppl come friday?

Relationships are full of give and take, sometimes you give more than you take...be a good girl and go... Grin

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 133   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: