Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 04:06:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 133   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DT "say anything" thread  (Read 355520 times)
DRKWNG
« Reply #855 on: August 12, 2010, 12:13:46 PM »

Relationships are full of give and take, sometimes you give more than you take...be a good girl and go... Grin

Damn Gene, surprised you didn't just suggest that she stay in the kitchen from here on out.   Grin

Anne, welcome to the world of politicized spousal (even though you're not a spouse) obligations.  There are many things that will be expected of you in the somewhat near future.  You're really in the Navy now.  Wink
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #856 on: August 12, 2010, 02:04:08 PM »

Damn Gene, surprised you didn't just suggest that she stay in the kitchen from here on out.   Grin

I would never suggest to a woman who can ride a motorcycle like Anne can, to stay in the kitchen...what I meant was sometimes you have your way and sometimes you don't, it's all about compromise...I would have told Brian the same thing if he had made the post... Grin

And what are you trying to do, get me in trouble?... Angry
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 02:19:14 PM by Gene V » Logged

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DRKWNG
« Reply #857 on: August 12, 2010, 02:24:03 PM »

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #858 on: August 12, 2010, 02:32:48 PM »

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp...easy to post something like that when you're 6k miles away...

whackie

« Reply #859 on: August 12, 2010, 05:17:42 PM »

Damn Gene, surprised you didn't just suggest that she stay in the kitchen from here on out.   Grin

Anne, welcome to the world of politicized spousal (even though you're not a spouse) obligations.  There are many things that will be expected of you in the somewhat near future.  You're really in the Navy now.  Wink

lol, it's ok. i understand that gene is from a different generation. plz cut the old man some slack. speaking of kitchens, u guys have to taste my ice cream. the raspberry is mouthwatering. lol.

but on a serious note, i figured that i would get dragged into this bullshit.  he already told me i HAVE to go on friday. i have a feeling there's more of that to come. it'd be a shame if i didn't play along and mess up his efforts to get promoted. he worked really hard to get it.

however i was promised that i don't have to go to any wive's only crap. i'd probably ask to get shot before i would willingly go. 

btw how to do they determine this chief stuff. i was hoping his friend would get it as the same time. i'm really bummed about his friend.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #860 on: August 12, 2010, 05:56:02 PM »

btw how to do they determine this chief stuff. i was hoping his friend would get it as the same time. i'm really bummed about his friend.

If it's still done the same way as when I was in, it's based on a point total of various factors including his score on the chief's exam, points for various awards (ribbons), time in grade, and time in service...chief's exam score counts the most...

And for the record, even though I'm from a different generation I don't believe that a woman's place is barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen...my wife of nearly 47 years and I share the cooking, laundry and housework...after that she tends the garden and I maintain the vehicles... Grin
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 05:58:18 PM by Gene V » Logged

whackie

« Reply #861 on: August 13, 2010, 12:28:16 AM »

that kind of makes sense about the points. he explained a little more too. i guess out of the 7 yearly evals, 6 of them were EPs. the only reason he got a P on one was because he was new at the command that year. a while back i know he mentioned that he's gotten jr sailor of the year too. funny thing is there's another guy that went to boot camp w/ him at the same time. both of them made chief this year, on their first tries. i thought that was weird, considering other ppl that were up for it as well. guess i may be dating an over achiever,  Roll Eyes

anyways, it sounds like ppl are trying to recruit him to their boats now. someone that will be a COB on a new boat has asked if he's interested in being their LAN chief when it gets commissioned next year. this would mean we'd end up in groton next year.  Tongue

we'll see, i know he wants to get off the rock. i think he's scared that someone will try to put him on one of the hawaii based boats. it sounds like if he goes w/ this COB, it's a good opportunity... but CT, really?   sounds like one of those suck it up situations already.  man i'm starting to feel like i'm married already  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #862 on: August 13, 2010, 06:32:19 AM »

we'll see, i know he wants to get off the rock. i think he's scared that someone will try to put him on one of the hawaii based boats. it sounds like if he goes w/ this COB, it's a good opportunity... but CT, really?   sounds like one of those suck it up situations already.  man i'm starting to feel like i'm married already  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

Did you get to the part where the Navy says girlfriends don't have the same status as wives?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
whackie

« Reply #863 on: August 13, 2010, 08:36:20 AM »

Did you get to the part where the Navy says girlfriends don't have the same status as wives?

nope. maybe that would get me out of having to go to this thing tonight.... i was told i have to wear a dress.  Sad

i wonder what that means though. one of his friends just got stationed here and the gf came along. i imagine you wouldn't have the same privis but it comes w/ the responsibility too.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #864 on: August 13, 2010, 09:10:28 AM »

nope. maybe that would get me out of having to go to this thing tonight.... i was told i have to wear a dress.  Sad

i wonder what that means though. one of his friends just got stationed here and the gf came along. i imagine you wouldn't have the same privis but it comes w/ the responsibility too.

Maybe you could go as Lady Gaga... Grin

This social responsibilities requirement used to be an officers wives thing...maybe it's different with submariners since they're such a close knit group...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 02:08:46 PM by Gene V » Logged

DRKWNG
« Reply #865 on: August 13, 2010, 12:28:57 PM »

Nothing says she can't come along.  It's just going to be on his dime until they stand before a judge.
whackie

« Reply #866 on: August 13, 2010, 01:21:27 PM »

This social responsibilities requirement used to be an officers wives thing...maybe it's different with submariners since they're such a close nit group...

i wouldn't be surprised if i get sucked in. the way that he is, as far as putting in time and doing events. i've stopped going to their summer/Christmas parties n stuff since he's working at them more than enjoying it. my saving grace i probably the fact that i can't get on base w/ out him, so i'm not asked to do anything.  laughingdp

btw what did u do in the navy? all this time i thought u were chair force.  Grin
whackie

« Reply #867 on: August 13, 2010, 01:22:38 PM »

Nothing says she can't come along.  It's just going to be on his dime until they stand before a judge.

our running joke is that we'll have to get married to move all of his crap, or else i think he'd exceed the limit.
DRKWNG
« Reply #868 on: August 13, 2010, 02:14:48 PM »

our running joke is that we'll have to get married to move all of his crap, or else i think he'd exceed the limit.

Sounds like you're already going down that road.  Wink
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #869 on: August 13, 2010, 02:18:52 PM »

btw what did u do in the navy? all this time i thought u were chair force.  Grin

Air Farce?...Hell no!... Shocked

I was an Aerographer...navy talk for weatherman, don't know if they call it that anymore...probably Atmospheric Technician or something...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 04:25:27 PM by Gene V » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 133   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: