Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 12:46:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 133   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DT "say anything" thread  (Read 357861 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #915 on: November 02, 2010, 11:22:00 PM »

Apart from all of that, today was special.  From the God given painted sunrise to the total different smell of the air and the coolness that came along with it tonight. The season has changed and it's been a while coming, but, oh... Yeah...........

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #916 on: November 02, 2010, 11:26:17 PM »

These folks didn't have exactly that look. 

Yeah, I've seen a group of these guys around before with the vests and all...almost looks like a street gang on sportbikes...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DRKWNG
« Reply #917 on: November 03, 2010, 03:08:02 PM »

Well, the black vests are quite popular with the busa groups that seem to form around military bases.  There is one group here, the Bowie Ballers, that are all thugged out with their vests.  It's really comical to see them out an about with their four inch chicken strips...
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #918 on: November 03, 2010, 06:32:40 PM »

What the guy in the big effin' truck did to my car yesterday.  Sorry, my parked car.  While he was pulling out of his parking space.

Yay.

Pretty, no? 

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #919 on: November 03, 2010, 06:58:05 PM »

Hope he stopped to give his information...

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #920 on: November 03, 2010, 11:02:25 PM »

It was in the parking lot at work, so that's not an issue.  Finding a shop willing to work on a 73 Beetle, however, is.

MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #921 on: November 04, 2010, 08:37:36 AM »

It was in the parking lot at work, so that's not an issue.  Finding a shop willing to work on a 73 Beetle, however, is.

All you need to do is find a fender and a bumper.  A little harder now than it used to be for obvious reasons but still doable. You find those parts and we'll bolt them on for you. Not that hard at all if the bolts aren't all rusted up. Probably easier to do than the brakes were. Then there is the painting, unless you are lucky enough to find the orange fender.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #922 on: November 04, 2010, 02:06:44 PM »

Getting the bumper is easy, finding an actual German fender in good repair is difficult, and the painting is worse still.  The bumper support is also bent, which makes me at least wonder if there is any damage to the back corner of the frame. 

Dude says he wants to just pay for it, but I really don't like that.  I want his insurance to pay for it.  I want liability coverage in case there is more wrong than meets the eye.  Really I just want my car back in an un-hit state and for drivers to be able to notice bright orange cars parked right next to them.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #923 on: November 04, 2010, 02:13:23 PM »

If you need a repair guy, call Vidal at VCS in Waipahu...671-5396.  Vidal runs a one man shop, does excellant work, and is reasonable...

DRKWNG
« Reply #924 on: November 04, 2010, 02:21:25 PM »

If you need a repair guy, call Vidal at VCS in Waipahu...671-5396.  Vidal runs a one man shop, does excellant work, and is reasonable...

Uhm... I cannot recommend that.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #925 on: November 04, 2010, 03:10:47 PM »

Uhm... I cannot recommend that.

Bad experience?...

DRKWNG
« Reply #926 on: November 04, 2010, 03:19:21 PM »

Yea, when he did the work on the S2000.  I told him from the beginning that I was very critical of stuff like that, and wanted the end result as close to perfect as could be.  He worked on it and finally said it was ready, but the paint wasn't matched and none of the body panels lined up right.  He worked on it a while longer, then said it was good to go.  It was still make the beast with two backsed up.  He asked me if he could work on a few other things to get some money rolling in and work on mine in a few weeks, I mistakenly said yes, only to have him never return my calls or "be there" when I stopped by his shop. 
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #927 on: November 04, 2010, 05:01:12 PM »

Yea, when he did the work on the S2000.  I told him from the beginning that I was very critical of stuff like that, and wanted the end result as close to perfect as could be.  He worked on it and finally said it was ready, but the paint wasn't matched and none of the body panels lined up right.  He worked on it a while longer, then said it was good to go.  It was still make the beast with two backsed up.  He asked me if he could work on a few other things to get some money rolling in and work on mine in a few weeks, I mistakenly said yes, only to have him never return my calls or "be there" when I stopped by his shop. 

Shocked...wow, you never know...I once asked a mechanic friend for a body shop recommendation, he refused and said that most of them are capable, it just depends on what kind of mood they're in on any particular day...

teddy037.3
« Reply #928 on: November 04, 2010, 10:42:26 PM »

if it helps you feel any better, the make the beast with two backshead I parked next to this morning decided he was going to get out of his car with extreme prejudice. enough so that it made my car sway like the mothermake the beast with two backsng ark.

granted, I haven't looked at the shotgun side of my car yet... because i'm afraid that if I see anything there, I may have to hunt down a POS white monte carlo with faggot-ass-red-stripes that parks by 167 and has paint on his door that matches mine, and introduce his windows to a make the beast with two backsing ball peen hammer.

I won't, of course. because I'm to goddamn nice.
teddy037.3
« Reply #929 on: November 04, 2010, 11:50:17 PM »

I have center punches, and they are rather classy tools of mayhem.

so I've heard.

I have been a fan of the desmotropic tee's for a long time, now Smiley

as long as they represent my love of tiki culture ^_^
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 133   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: