Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 09:49:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 133   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DT "say anything" thread  (Read 355354 times)
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1080 on: May 16, 2011, 02:23:02 AM »

I think they deal with the Daytona's brakes might be the same as the base F4's: matching the monobloc calipers with a master cylinder that don't compliment each other.  I know the base F4 uses a Nissin master. Can't quite figure out why the guys at MV did that...

And yes, they are using the real deal Öhlins bouncy bits. The Daytona is supposed to sell for something like $11.5K, which is a pretty good deal, but I wish they had done something to the motor instead of just slapping on a quick-shifter.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #1081 on: May 16, 2011, 08:42:41 AM »

Where's my damn helicopter.

Get that man a ride!

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1082 on: May 16, 2011, 10:34:21 PM »

I think they deal with the Daytona's brakes might be the same as the base F4's: matching the monobloc calipers with a master cylinder that don't compliment each other.  I know the base F4 uses a Nissin master. Can't quite figure out why the guys at MV did that...

And yes, they are using the real deal Öhlins bouncy bits. The Daytona is supposed to sell for something like $11.5K, which is a pretty good deal, but I wish they had done something to the motor instead of just slapping on a quick-shifter.

Let's see if I have this timeline right.  Sold the 800 Monster to get the Daytona. The SC was already a done deal and wasn't contingent on the Monster. Daytona sold to get the Super Duke. Now selling the Super Duke to get a Daytona? ? ?

As for that 675 engine......... whatcha need is a used 848 or a 999.   Evil  That way you can  have leftover money to put on the suspension that you want and have the engine you want.   Evil
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 10:40:30 PM by MadDuck » Logged

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1083 on: May 16, 2011, 10:39:06 PM »

Or was it, in fact, the other way around and the Daytona was first and then the Monster sold to get the SC? That might have been the way it went down. Obviously, I forget.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1084 on: May 17, 2011, 12:26:20 AM »

I forget.

laughingdp

Had the monster first, then picked up the Daytona (mostly your fault). Sold the monster for the SC, and later sold the Daytona for the SD.  Ideally, I'll wait another year until I start the civi job before doing anything. That way I can have three.   Grin

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1085 on: June 04, 2011, 11:26:02 AM »

Rain.......rain........rain.........crap.  It looks clear over the top of the Pali but everywhere else over here looks something like Mordor.  Out over the water, upwind from here, it's just a solid mass of gray yuck. Looks like it's headed our way. I've already been up & clearing grapefruit sized rocks off the road.  Shocked  Tantalus might be hopeless for a few days even if it clears.  Roll Eyes

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1086 on: June 04, 2011, 03:45:27 PM »

Just got back from a 150 mile ride through the mountains. 

Just saying...

Grin

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1087 on: June 04, 2011, 04:10:07 PM »

Just got back from a 150 mile ride through the mountains. 

Just saying...

Grin

video or it didn't happen...just sayin'...Grin

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
canes

High number of post, Does not = a high IQ

« Reply #1088 on: June 04, 2011, 10:37:24 PM »

IM TIRED IF MY STUFF GETTING STOLEN FROM MY CAR PORT ! IM TIRED OF MY NEIGHBORS (DRUG ADDICTS) STEELING MY WIFE'S BIRTHDAY PRESENT! IM TIRED OF MY FRIENDS BIKES GETTING STOLEN FROM MY CAR PORT. IM SICK OF THE NEW ARMY WAY (WHERE EVERY ONE LOOKS OUT FOR THEM SELF) IM SICK IF NCO'S NOT GIVING A DAM ABOUT THERE SOLDIERS.

IF THINGS KEEP GOING LIKE THIS IM GONNA GET OUT AND GO HOME WHERE MY WIFE AND I ARE APPRECIATED AND PEOPLE TALK TO US WITH RESPECT.

Sure there is a few of you (you know who u are) who with out you I would of already gone insane and told the ARMY to stick it where the sun don't shine.

thank you to my friends out there.

NEVER GIVE UP !!!!!!!
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1089 on: June 07, 2011, 07:53:43 PM »

work

is

busy

sleep

soon.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
zzilla

<Insert something inspiring here>

« Reply #1090 on: June 08, 2011, 11:04:58 PM »

work

is

busy

sleep

soon.

sleep

is

a

crutch

Did I ever tell you the story about the Zen master and the little boy?
       -Gust Avrakotos
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1091 on: June 09, 2011, 08:42:38 PM »

sleep

is

a

crutch

and my fly door is ajar.  what's your point?   Grin

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
zzilla

« Reply #1092 on: June 10, 2011, 11:20:37 AM »

Wish Canes hadn't gotten in an imaginary pissing contest on the forum. Not a bad dude, but he did carry 2 5 inch KABARs on a shoulder holster rig when I went for a ride with him yesterday. He's really prepared for the zombie apocalyple  Grin

-Gust Avrakotos
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1093 on: June 10, 2011, 11:58:17 AM »

Well, he sure came off as a douche.  It'll be interesting when HPD pulls him over for something (like a bike that isn't legal) and catches a glimpse of those knives.  Bet he'll have a grand ol' time getting poked in the pokey.

zzilla

« Reply #1094 on: June 10, 2011, 07:40:46 PM »

Well, he sure came off as a douche.  It'll be interesting when HPD pulls him over for something (like a bike that isn't legal) and catches a glimpse of those knives.  Bet he'll have a grand ol' time getting poked in the pokey.

He does have a habit of crossing the double yellow to pass on Kam hwy east of Haleiwa, and exceeding the posted speed limits

-Gust Avrakotos
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 133   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: