Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 12:27:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Godec down, but not out....  (Read 7050 times)
ducducgooseme

Same ole DesmoDevil, in a more gentle package

« on: May 15, 2008, 12:59:11 PM »

..per his post on the DML:

"Well do we need to get a t-shirt?? I hate to say it but yesterday me and my bike went down. I would say that we are in close to the same shape. I have a broken collar bone and my bike may have a bent frame, the back seat cover is scratched, clutch cover is ruined and it broke off all of the springs and caps so I may need a whole new clutch. Both wheels have small scratches and the tank has some small scratches too. I will call my insurance guy today to see what is the right move to make from here. So what happened???

I was on my way home from pjs and came off I-40 at Louisiana and sped up like I always do. I dont know why but I had a hard time getting around the turn and sqw the retaining wall coming up fast. I thought at that point it would be better to brake as long as I can before hitting the wall rather than trying to avoid it all together and possibly lowside at high speed and slide into the wall or worse yet highside and get launched into the wall at high speed. So I think that I ended up hitting the wall at about 65ish and then tumbled. Luckily there was a nice lady there that was helping me by the time I got up. I never lost consiousness so I never got too concerned about my physical health.

It was cool when I was at the hospital waiting to get a room, a doctor came up looked at my helmet and just said thank you. He said that he rides and that he doesnt get mad if we ride hard and wreck. It is just whether or not we wear our gear. At that I nearly shed a tear because he showed me my helmet and the deep scratches that go all the way from the back to the front on the visor. He showed me my right glove that has a huge dent in the knuckle, my hand would have been broken for sure. It really set in that our gear is amazing and it saves lives ALL THE TIME. It saved mine yesterday. No doubt. I am fine thanks to my gear and I cant wait to get in the saddle again.

My phone is broken so I cant talk but I will get that taken care of soon."

If you love your bike, set it free.
If it comes back to you, you've
probably high-sided.
ducducgooseme

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 12:59:48 PM »

His phone only takes text messages now.   I told him we are all here to help if he needs anything.  I will keep you posted

probably high-sided.
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 01:56:00 PM »

Sure glad he is okay aside from the collarbone manglement and bike trashing.

Didn't he get the memo about the DML being old news now?  No one is over there to respond to him, I don't think, so I did.  I know we are boycotting the board as a group, or so it seems, but I felt the need to say something in case he doesn't have time to set up his new camp over here right away.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 02:27:12 PM by bonfy » Logged

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 02:17:39 PM »

Aw, Godec I'm so sorry bro. I've only met you the once but I have a very postitive image of you. So sorry to hear about you and your Duc, glad you're ok and hope the same for the bike. Kudos for the gear, get better fast and keep us updated.  Cry  waytogo

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
ducducgooseme

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 03:02:55 PM »

Yep, I passed the word about our new home.

probably high-sided.
JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 04:11:50 PM »

Godec,

Real sorry to hear it...Glad you are well and the bike will get fixed....I know no words can soothe...But consider accidents just as a reminder that life has value!

& hope this helps...I suffered two bad ones last year with the previous 999...Gears are always the savers...My helmet was replaced and paid for by Geico...Insurance companies promote helmets that way....Your damage seems similar to my first wreck...Consider a total loss option if you can get a good deal and buy another Duc...The time for replacements in my case stretched through almost the entire summer!...The good news is that Geico raised my premium only by 350 something per year during renewal!!!

Good luck and recover soon...Wish you the best!

& Maybe all of us should arrange a visit if we can track Godec....Who's got the GARMIN connection?

JJ
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 04:14:06 PM by JJ » Logged

Ride forever...
Count Desmo

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 04:37:29 PM »

Damn, bad news...but could be worse.  Well-wishes and happy thoughts headed that way from the northland. waytogo
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 05:35:48 PM »

Man I'm glad you are ok, sounds like it could have been alot worse.
Please let me know if there is anything I can help with.
Would like to drop by to see you at the hospital if you can let me know
where you at or if anyone knows.

Scottish
Balls!

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 07:12:46 PM »

Godec,

Real sorry to hear it...Glad you are well and the bike will get fixed....I know no words can soothe...But consider accidents just as a reminder that life has value!

& hope this helps...I suffered two bad ones last year with the previous 999...Gears are always the savers...My helmet was replaced and paid for by Geico...Insurance companies promote helmets that way....Your damage seems similar to my first wreck...Consider a total loss option if you can get a good deal and buy another Duc...The time for replacements in my case stretched through almost the entire summer!...The good news is that Geico raised my premium only by 350 something per year during renewal!!!

Good luck and recover soon...Wish you the best!

& Maybe all of us should arrange a visit if we can track Godec....Who's got the GARMIN connection?

JJ
I know it just happened and you're prolly not at this point yet, but if the insurance does total your bike, let Chris at Motored-sports know. He'll prolly be able to offer something worth while to you in addition to the buy back price. + he helps us Duc lovers fix our broke bikes at an affordable price. http://ducatimonsterworldwide.org/index.php?action=profile;u=237 here's his info. Get better fast  Wink

ducducgooseme

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 07:26:27 PM »

Update:

I picked up Dave's bike for the trip over to PJs.  Dave is home now and besides the sling, looks no worse for wear.  In fact, he is already talking about the mods he wants to do to his bike if they don't total it!! (Poor bastard even had a cute little brunette keeping him company and nursing him...so THATs why you guys call him the Ducati Hottie)

probably high-sided.
Scottish
Balls!

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 07:32:38 PM »

Awesome!!! waytogo

kingbaby

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 09:22:11 PM »

Way to keep up the spirits Godec!  Can't wait to ride with you again!  Get better and text us with any requests - we are here for ya man!!!  We even got motoGP on the xbox if you start jonesing for a ride before you are all healed - of course that is if DucMouse won't take you cupcake.

I promise to make better mistakes tomorrow.
Count Desmo

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 07:14:35 AM »

Update:

I picked up Dave's bike for the trip over to PJs.  Dave is home now and besides the sling, looks no worse for wear.  In fact, he is already talking about the mods he wants to do to his bike if they don't total it!! (Poor bastard even had a cute little brunette keeping him company and nursing him...so THATs why you guys call him the Ducati Hottie)

I don't know anything about that, but good for him!  Let me know if there is anything I can do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: