Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 07:09:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello  (Read 5215 times)
Matic

« on: December 08, 2008, 08:52:49 PM »

Hello everyone,

Well first off I am have been a member of this forum community for a little while, since before the old forum was bought out.  I don't post much, but I would say I visit the No Moto Content, Political Forum, and General Monter Forum daily for the past few years on average.

I am moving to Kansas because of an engineering opportunity in Sabetha, my wife will be a nurse in Topeka, so we will be living just North of Topeka for our home.  I have snooped this forum slightly and saw that it is well, similar to my current Iowa community.

Now for picking your brains.  I am curious how the dealership is in Kansas City.  Letko Cycles seems to be the only dealer available.  Ducati Omaha and MotoSports in DM are the next alternatives.  I am currently enjoying the experience from Moto Sports, I do most of the work myself on my bike, there isn't actually anything I have hired them to do, but by purchasing a lot of my aftermarket parts and repair parts they give me free advice for working on the bike, something that I could honestly see a reasonable dealer getting annoyed by because from their view point, they are training me to not need at all their service department.

Well, just wanted to say hello and know how Letko Cycles is.  You'll all have another Duc rider in January.
bmonty72

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 05:16:12 AM »

Well, then here is an early welcome to Kansas.  I think you will be plenty happy with Letko.  Mario has been there for a long time now, and Jared seems to know his stuff real well too.  I think they would be happy to assist you either way you go, whether you want them to do the work or if you want to do it yourself.  There are also some decent backroad rides around the Topeka area.  I hope everything works out for you guys here!!!  There's a Ducati Owners group in KC that has a monthly meeting and a seperate monthly ride on a Wednesday night.  I'll try to keep items posted here when the come up.   chug
doulos

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 07:33:21 AM »

Matic:
Let me be the second to give you an early welcome to Kansas.
I don't know your current dealer, but I do know Letko.  Mario Arter is the Service Manager and the lead mechanic, Jared is the other mechanic.  Just this year Letko moved into a much bigger and brand new facility.
I have had both Jared and Mario work on my bike and they both did great work and took care of it as I would.
I have asked Mario about many service/repair/moding issues and he has always been very helpful and informative.  Hope this gives you some idea about Letko.
Again welcome.
Matic

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 04:19:01 PM »

Thanks for the responses. 

I am going to have to check out the rides on Wednesdays, I likely wouldn't make them regularly, but I'ld like to make a few through out the year. 

I am pretty optimistic now with Letko, hope it all works out.

Might have to see about one of these rides sometimes this summer and buy a round on me.. So, one last question, since I am in Kansas, where do the loyalties lie for colleges.
I assume the Jayhawks have a strangle hold.. or should I really worry about those MU tigers.  K state seems like my almimater Iowa state love the place, but severly outnumbered in fans.

Now for me to try and remember to regularly check this sub forum..
bmonty72

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 06:10:26 PM »

That used to depend on the time of year.  Football used to be all K State and Basketball was KU.  But recently KU has been doing much better at the Football than they used to.  No matter who you go with, someone is going to hate you for it!!! bang head  Just stay away from those Missouri Tigers....NO ONE LIKES THEM!!!!!!!!
Matic

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 07:00:35 PM »

Hahaha, I actually liked the tigers this year.. guess I should keep that a little more hush hush
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: