Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 16, 2024, 03:46:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 620, 999 FS  (Read 2929 times)
muskrat

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 02:29:29 PM »

Hehehe, that's what I thought then felt really bad for even thinking of being such a heartless canaibal  cheeky  As far what that particular bike is worth... that's a tough one.  You'd really have to see it. 

But here's something to think about if you're looking at getting a superbike; my recent garage mishap was a real come-to-Jesus moment - there is just nothing on that bike that is inexpensive to replace.  In fact, I've found that the previous generation superbike (916/996) has used (read, "eBay") replacements parts that are sometimes HALF what an equivalent 999 part would be - front rotors being just one example.  Plus, I think most people prefer the looks of the 916-series bike anyway (ergonomics maybe not so much laughingdp  bang head   Jari, a 996 owner who recently moved, called his "The Gym Bike") !

Which is not to say I don't love my SBK; I'd just recommend maybe broadening your next Ducati decision beyond a 999.  Weird coming from me I know, but seriously, McKraut had a totally bad-ass 900 SuperSport - full fairing, red, sexy square headlight  cheeky - that was cool as hell.  It had the superbike lines but was air-cooled, and had less valves to maintain.  Which may not sound like a big deal but... DAMN, Testaretta motor maintenance will make you pucker for sure.  And the cost for a nice SS could easily be half of what a nice SBK could cost (easy sell to the missus if there ever was one!  Hell, just buy it for her   laughingdp  cheeky ).

So!  Bet you didn't think you'd get a novella in response to your straigh-forward question, did ya'?   Has it stopped sleeting yet?!??  [moto]

LET'S RIDE, dammit!!!!!

i would love a 900ss or 750 even but can't find one anywhere.  i think i may stop and look at that bike and give them hell for being so expensive.....that is if my Friday looks better than now.  feel free to join  [moto]

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
muskrat

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 02:31:28 PM »

Assuming for a second that you're wanting a SBK, while you might get into an older 1 cheaper, there are some advantages to newer. i.e., the 1098's have more HP, better brakes, & prolly some warranty time left Wink You can also buy an extended warranty if you buy a used 1098. Also, stuff like the TTX shock will fit a 1098, but not older bikes...

frankly the 1098 is not for me, too much like my old R1.  I like the 999 or for that matter the SS line even more so.  besides, I'll never use the 1098 properly....she should be spanked daily  Grin

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 03:05:46 PM »

i would love a 900ss or 750 even but can't find one anywhere.  i think i may stop and look at that bike and give them hell for being so expensive.....that is if my Friday looks better than now.  feel free to join  [moto]

As luck would have it, I'm off Friday.

Roll Eyes

I'd like to tag along, if you go  waytogo

cdc

my superbike. nutts someone copied my avatar.

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 04:02:23 PM »

Roll Eyes

Going to Plano or to Weatherford?

cdc
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 04:06:00 PM »

Friday looks better than now.  feel free to join  [moto]

After lunch?

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
cdc

my superbike. nutts someone copied my avatar.

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2009, 04:06:31 PM »

Roll Eyes

Oooh that's one rolling eyes. 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: