Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 04:37:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: F** YOU paypal  (Read 8242 times)
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 09:27:48 AM »

I had one problem with PayPal, but after about 30 phone calls (I kept a record) they refunded my money "as a courtesy."

I bought a generator from a canadian seller.  It arrived broken -- one of the legs broken off.   I emailed and called him, and he said to ship it back on his account -- which because it was international, UPS would only ship it Air Expedited, so the shipping would cost 10x what I paid.

Either way, I shipped it COD using regular post, with tracking instead of on his account.  He refused to pay for the shipping.  UPS indicated "recipient refused" but you had to open a link in the tracking that said "DETAILS"

The morons at paypal looked at the tracking but wouldn't open the details link to see the recipient refuse.d

They said "well you didn't ship it so you don't ge a refund"

I flipped and kept calling until I got thru to someone.  This was over two weeks.  A sympathetic guy finally -- looking at the record said "well, it's past the time period but i can see you did what you were supposed to do, i dont know why they didn't give you a refund."  he gave me a credit to my account which was not from the seller's account, but was from paypal -- it was a $600 generator. 

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2009, 09:55:39 AM »

There's your problem, your a rangers fan.

eat it. Jersey blows.  Evil  waytogo

ducatizzz, thats ridiculous how they wouldnt help you. I could only the frustration of calling htem up and telling them ot LOOK AT THE DETAILS!!!! and them talking like they dont understand english. :/ glad you got your money back though, but its almost like paypal has no worries about the buyers and are willing to insure items.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
redxblack

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 01:09:48 PM »

There's your problem, your a rangers fan.

Lulz! I was thinking it.
DrDesmo

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 07:00:36 AM »

I bought a Nikon D40x from a company in NY and the dipshits didn't bother to require a signature so the dumbass UPS driver just dropped it off. I don't live in a bad area but my street is used pretty often to get from one side of the city to the other so there is quite a bit of traffic. Needless to say when I got home from work there was no package and the tracking info stated that it had been delivered.

Because Paypal requires sellers to ship with a signature required for expensive items, Paypal refunded my money within 24 hours after I made the claim. I did get a follow up call from UPS to make sure I didn't receive the package and as far as I know they will be reimbursing the seller.

Interesting ...

Adam

'95 916
'12 800XC
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 07:12:13 AM »

Because Paypal requires sellers to ship with a signature required for expensive items, Paypal refunded my money within 24 hours after I made the claim. I did get a follow up call from UPS to make sure I didn't receive the package and as far as I know they will be reimbursing the seller.

anything >$250

I require insurance and signature for anything I sell, paypal or not.  Everyone is happier.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
NeufUnSix

Masochistic Italophile

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 08:19:34 AM »

I got screwed by Paypal as well -

I got scammed on a laptop on eBay. I was out 200$, and contacted both PP and eBay to report the fraud and ask for action. They (PP) informed me that because there was no money in the seller's account, they could not refund me. eBay did jack, they just put a notice on the seller's account. I haggled with PP for a few weeks, then I went to MasterCard. Fortunately I had paid using my MC, and they have a very good anti-fraud policy. I filled out a form and had the money refunded within a few days.

After MC refunded me, PP contacted me with a threatening letter telling me to immediately desist my actions with MC and reverse my claim with them because it was a PP matter. Remember they would not give me my money back. To which I said "the make the beast with two backs?" and ignored them. My PP account was shut down as a result.

"Why did my tractor just blow up?"
Oldfisti
Some call it a sub, dagwood, hoagie or footlong. I just call it my...

My mom says I'm a catch.

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 08:23:36 AM »

I got screwed by Paypal as well -

I got scammed on a laptop on eBay. I was out 200$, and contacted both PP and eBay to report the fraud and ask for action. They (PP) informed me that because there was no money in the seller's account, they could not refund me. eBay did jack, they just put a notice on the seller's account. I haggled with PP for a few weeks, then I went to MasterCard. Fortunately I had paid using my MC, and they have a very good anti-fraud policy. I filled out a form and had the money refunded within a few days.

After MC refunded me, PP contacted me with a threatening letter telling me to immediately desist my actions with MC and reverse my claim with them because it was a PP matter. Remember they would not give me my money back. To which I said "the make the beast with two backs?" and ignored them. My PP account was shut down as a result.

HA!!  What a make the beast with two backsing joke!

Tweakers.

It's like I keep saying:  Those who would sacrifice a free range session for a giant beer, deserve neither free range time nor a giant beer.
i have had guys reach back and grab my crotch in an attempt to get around me. i'll either blow in their ear or ask them politely to let go of my wang.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2009, 08:55:37 AM »

My PP account was shut down as a result.

hahahahahah make the beast with two backs them!  if they were smart, they'd let you continue using it and take $200 from you later...

rofl

dumbasses

Heath

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2009, 09:23:17 AM »

I almost got make the beast with two backsed by paypal.

A couple years ago I sold some stuff on eBay.  The buyer got their stuff really fast, they were happy and left me positive feedback.  I had even talked to them on the phone about it.  I took my money out of paypal right away (I always do).  A couple weeks past and the person comes back and says someone "hacked" paypal and ebay account, claiming they did not buy it.  Paypal didn't even ask me to respond they skipped that process and put my account in negative balance.  I called them and explained the whole thing, offered to forward e-mails ect ect.  They didn't care, passed me on from manager to manager and said you have to pay it.  I left the account be.  After several e-mails and phone calls from them claiming I had to pay it  I just started ignoring them.  They turned me over to a collection agency which harassed me for over 6 months.  It was then turned over to another which was not as bad as the first but bothered me for another year.  Finally they stopped.  My PalPal account was shut down too.  I just opened another with a different checking account number.

I still eBay.. mostly buying now though.  I almost have perfect feedback still.  Except for some ass that left me a negative even after I refunded his money.

2007 Ducati Monster S4RT
2006 Ducati Monster S2R800 Dark [sold]
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2009, 12:04:30 PM »

i finnaly got a letter back from UPS regarding the jersey, stating

"UPS will not cover the cost of the jersey at retail price" they want the whole sale invoice that the shipper gets from their supplier. I guess this is why their claims center is in New Brunswick and not in the US?

Its BS, but im not gonna chase it. Credit Card Company reimbursed my $ and the person who received my jersey was kind enough to drop it off at my house. He lived about 2 miles from me.  Roll Eyes Way to be off course!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
redxblack

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2009, 05:07:19 PM »

I've bought about 5 various red wings jerseys and never had an issue. like better hockey clubs and your problems will vanish! Wink
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2009, 05:20:32 PM »

Roll Eyes I think we should sign Avery again. As much of an asshole he is. Hes got some serious character and charisma and the Rangers need that BADLY. they look like they hate each other out there.

redxblack

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2009, 09:59:28 PM »

avery without shanny in the locker room might be a disaster. but you're right, at this point you guys could use just about anything to shake it up. the team has the talent, but not the spirit.

I sincerely and without reservations hope the rangers nail the penguins to the wall. twice.
That Nice Guy Beck!

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2009, 10:10:32 PM »

PAYPAL is teh biggest scam running, if you deal with them its only a matter of time before they rob you blind
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: