Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 02:53:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to watch the Le Mans MotoGP race in the US.....HOW?!?!  (Read 4097 times)
johnster

« on: May 13, 2008, 05:24:47 AM »

I live in Boston, MA and am a big MotoGP fan, but due to the fact that cable sucks around here, I can't seem to get it, except for reruns here and there...
I really want to watch the upcoming Le Mans race...

-Does anyone know if Comcast offers some sort f Pay-per-View thing where I can get the race?? I remember the Speed channel talking about possibly carrying it, but I don't get that channel so I can't verify if they actually do....

-Just curious is anyone watches MotoGP live in the US, and how you do it....

-Thanks in advance!!!!  Smiley

-john

2001 MS4; Full Termi w/airbox, ECU, SPS cams, CycleCat ClipOn Adapters, Apex clip-ons, CRG's, MW open clutch, Sargent Saddle, CF aplenty.. NOT RIDEABLE FOR A LONG TIME DUE TO MY STUPID LACK OF JUDGEMENT!!
derby

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 05:28:15 AM »

live:

www.motogp.com

not so live:

www.racing-underground.com

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
johnster

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 05:43:59 AM »

Does is cost anything to stream live races off of motogp.com??  I figured you had to be a paying member which I'd like to register for anyway.....

-I'll go check it out now, I didn't realize they streamed the races live on the website...

-Thanks!!   waytogo

2001 MS4; Full Termi w/airbox, ECU, SPS cams, CycleCat ClipOn Adapters, Apex clip-ons, CRG's, MW open clutch, Sargent Saddle, CF aplenty.. NOT RIDEABLE FOR A LONG TIME DUE TO MY STUPID LACK OF JUDGEMENT!!
Galway_Girl

i love rocks and dirt

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 09:22:08 AM »

Are you use to bit torrents?  If so you can send me a pm and I can give you a link to download the races.  I do not want to get in trouble for gving out this info Wink
bdfinally

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 10:44:43 AM »

I've heard a lot of horror stories about MotoGP Streaming video this year

hate to even give them a plug, cause SpeedTV suxs!, but the

http://www.speedtv.com/schedule/filter/date/2008-5-18

bittorrents are the way to go tho

The tyranny of the rat race is not yet final...HST
Rev. Millertime

Professional Asshole and all around creepy guy.

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 07:12:26 PM »

Comcast doesn't carry speed channel?

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night.
Pedro-bot

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 07:13:55 PM »

+1 for torrents!!  waytogo

1999 M750 AKA Little Blue Monster, 2002 S4, 2006 Sport 1000, 2008 Sport 1000, 2005 749s, 2018 R NineT Urban GS
johnster

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 06:14:13 AM »

Comcast doesn't carry speed channel?

It does but I don't get it....I spliced off of the main cable feed going into my apt. bulding  Wink so I get basic + a few other channels, but not Speed.... Undecided

mangeldbug

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 02:19:27 PM »

We bought a package from motogp.com and it has been great.  The first race of the season was a little grainy, not very clear, but they have made some changes to the site and it has been fantastic.  We even got a cable so we can hook up the computer to the surround sound so we can watch the races on our big screen TV.  Smiley  You also have access to qualifying, pole, the race (obviously), and interviews.  Much more than you would get to see on Speed.

2002 M750Si.e. "Senna" - Meravigliosa, Mera for short
2017 390 Duke Commuter
2001 XT225 Zombie Assault Vehicle
1987 YSR50 #116 race bike
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 04:27:50 PM »

another  waytogo for bittorrents.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

tigre

Ouch!

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 01:11:59 PM »

We bought a package from motogp.com and it has been great.  The first race of the season was a little grainy, not very clear, but they have made some changes to the site and it has been fantastic.  We even got a cable so we can hook up the computer to the surround sound so we can watch the races on our big screen TV.  Smiley  You also have access to qualifying, pole, the race (obviously), and interviews.  Much more than you would get to see on Speed.

have they made it possible to go on the site to start the video without first seeing the results?  Spoilers were a major problem in the past.

'12 1199RS Tigre 6
'12 1198RS Tigre 7
'00 M944S Tigre 1
AFM #5 - Open Twins and more
derby

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 01:43:33 PM »

have they made it possible to go on the site to start the video without first seeing the results?  Spoilers were a major problem in the past.

no spoilers on the left side of this page:

http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/full+race

(read: put the right side of your browser offscreen)

they put the archives back up, too.

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
Pakhan

This is for Pris!

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2008, 03:52:35 PM »

they put the archives back up, too.

Bout frigin time!

I find it hard to see a race from the gp site without a spoiler sentence or picture ruin it.  Other than that, the gp site is better now that they fixed a few things and brought back the archives  Grin Grin Grin

The torrents are also good, not as quick as the gp site since you need to wait for someone to post then you have to download, but still a good option.  The site listed above "racing-underground" is THE place to go for all your racing fetish including gp.

"I don't need a compass to tell me which way the wind shines."   m620 749s r6

www.suspectsunlimited.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: