Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 08:38:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GREAT ROADS TO RIDE IN WISCONSIN  (Read 22204 times)
aaronb

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 08:41:10 AM »

I dont know where to start....

Hwy P in Vernon County is a great road, and goes for miles...pretty clean right now.

Wildcat Mountain on Hwy 33 was in good shape yesterday, but beware of the 5-0's on weekends.

Hwy 108 (Mindoro cut) and C are excellent roads if you have not been on them, and are popular among most cyclist.

All the lettered roads connecting these more popular locations are also great rides, and often overlooked.  Also, look for the little township roads, as they provide excellent technical riding on a very narrow slab of pavement.  For the most part, the whole area from madison, to Prairie Du Chien, to north of lacrosse, and back to madison is full of amazing twisties.

More to come as the summer riding continues.   waytogo waytogo

I rode out to wildcat on sunday with some folks from SBN.  great road, and all the surrounding roads were good too.  we had one rider go down though, so we cut the day short and headed home.  even though he and his bike were ok (for lowsiding into a guard rail at 40+ mph), it was a total buzz kill

Milwaukee, WI
'07 s2r1k, '81 honda cb400t
Kilgore Trout

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2008, 09:35:29 AM »

Yesterday I rode about 160 miles and scouted a few roads in Ashland county.
The best was GG from Mellon to Clam Lake. Its ben fixed. Ride it while its fresh.

I have a idea that from Clam lake to Lorretta/Draper By Way of GG has been upgraded also. I was on a strech of it on the dirtbike a week ago and what i rode was real nice.

Here is part of last sundays ride

A cool railroad bridge  ATV trail

Dan
Welder/Playboy

Ducatiloo

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2008, 09:37:52 AM »

So the road is tec a atv trail?
Google Map of where that bridge is?

750 SS 01    800 S2R 05  Aprilia RST 1000 futura
Kilgore Trout

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2008, 10:13:19 AM »

The Monster is sitting on a ATV trail near Grandview in Bayfield County. If you ever need a tour guide let me know.  Bring a dirt bike.

Regarding Ashland County  GG ,this road is fast, as fast as you dare. Its flat. All curves. All forest .,so if your scared of deer go slower. But its hard to go slow.  Its best if you can follow a fast car and watch for signs of trouble.

A good thing to do is get off the bike way before sundown. The critters take over an its like "wild kingdom'' out there.

Dan
Welder/Payboy

Ducatiloo

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2008, 12:36:33 PM »

http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/travel/scenic/rusticroads.htm
Some look like fun, either way after doing 10 ya get a neeto patch.

aaronb

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2008, 02:44:14 PM »

http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/travel/scenic/rusticroads.htm
Some look like fun, either way after doing 10 ya get a neeto patch.

i am so going to do that next available weekend.  i want a patch!

Milwaukee, WI
Ducatiloo

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2008, 03:00:08 PM »

I like the fact that they just let you take a pic of your bike.  On some of the roads it would be near impossible to get some to take a pic.

J3

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2008, 05:05:16 PM »

Yeah, this sounds kinda cool.  Already planning a door county trip, hopefully I can pick up some on the way there.
Kilgore Trout

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2008, 05:36:06 AM »

May I add Hwy 33 ?
 I rode 550 miles last weekend and the best of it all was Hwy 33 from Cashton to Hillsboro to La Valle. Very nice.

Kilgore

aaronb

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2008, 09:27:57 AM »

I rode 33 last weekend too.  from lacross to baraboo.  such a great road!  out of lacross the pavement was so smooth and fast.  to many 80-90mph sweepers to count, then came the wild cat mountain stretch  Evil.  it was my second time to wildcat but i had never been any further west. 

Milwaukee, WI
vwboomer

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2008, 09:45:25 PM »

I ran this route today, except for the last 20 miles back to wildcat. It was good, but there are a couple gravel roads mixed in there you'd want to avoid. And watch gravel in the turns, there's a fair bit on some of the roads, along with turds.

600 miles today, 12 hours. Gas stops only, no food. Some sprinkles but no real rain. All in all a good day. Wish I'd have left before 11. Too many cocktails last night! Sucks having to drive 180 miles to get to something interesting.

2005 S4R - Sato, PM, CC, Sargeant
2005 GasGas FSE450
2004 Honda VFR
That Nice Guy Beck!

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2008, 09:39:20 AM »

how do I get to this 33/wildcat area is it that good? I'm in hartford wi,
vwboomer

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2008, 06:17:17 AM »

If you've got a GPS it's easiest. Otherwise. From Hartford, turn west.
A few weeks back I was around Barneveld off 151. been years since I was in the area. (Went to school in Platteville briefly) but just took any road, and many of them were entertaining.

My 600 mile ride a couple weeks ago was great, but it's impossible to get to know the roads. I found myself pushing a little harder that I probly shoulda been and was surprised by gravel midcorner more than once. I came around a corner at about 70 (55 limit) and was greeted by one of them thar field sprayin thingamajigs. Just briefly, very briefly, I debated going under him  Grin He moved over so as to save the trouble for me.

I've got maybe 1 ride left in my before my schedule gets switched (again!) and I work during the week. And my rear tire is pretty shot after only 4k miles this summer. and I just KNOW someone's gonna help with my 12k valve adjustment in 1500 miles Cheesy

2005 S4R - Sato, PM, CC, Sargeant
2005 GasGas FSE450
2004 Honda VFR
WarrenJ

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2009, 06:08:19 PM »

Howdy  New guy here  -  I live about 20 miles West of Oshkosh, out in the sticks between Borth and Poysippi.  County H out of Poysippi, through Pine River, Cty W to Mount Morris, Z South of Mount Morris to Spring Lake continuing to Cty E East to Berlin.  Its a nice route with some good twisties, a few nice sweepers and some good straights.  There are actually a few hills through this range and some interesting terrain.  Lots of speed beef though so be careful.

This isn't a dress rehearsal for life - this is it!
Bellagio
Leo Vince pipes give me a

Live Fast, Die Young, Leave a Beautiful Corpse

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2010, 07:51:30 AM »

Anyone interested in doing some of the Rural Road runs this summer?  Meet up in a neutral area and hit a few/day?

May your head gasket develop premature failure, your carb get gummed up, and your side stand fall short.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: