Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 10, 2024, 09:21:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Specs on the non-adjustable Marzocchi forks?  (Read 4402 times)
the_Journeyman

Molly & Syreena, the Italian mistresses

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2008, 08:42:02 AM »

I found mine on ebay, new in box for a Monster 900 in a kit with front springs, a rear spring, & an container of oil.  They were slightly shorter than the stock springs, about an inch.  I made the difference with a longer shim and they work fine.  I just change my shim because the were TOO stiff.

JM

Got Torque?
ADULT TRUTHS

10. Bad decisions make good stories.
mangeldbug

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2008, 02:50:23 PM »

I didnt want to start yet another thread on Monster fork upgrades/what-forks-fit-my-bike, so I decided to post here...

Ive been talking with Traxxion - I was originally planning to go the "cheap" route and upgrade everything in my crappy nonadjustable Marzocchi forks (valves, springs, preload adjustable caps if they were available) since fully adjustable Monster forks were quite a lot and sometimes hard to find.  Basically Traxxion said redoing valves was pointless on the Marzocchis, and preload adjustable caps require their drop in cartridge kit (around $1000).  Springs and oil are the only worthwhile upgrade. 
So now I am back to wanting to get fully adjustable Monster forks...

I want an easy mod, bolt and go, so which forks require me to ONLY get forks and be done with it?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 01:37:37 PM by mangeldbug » Logged

2002 M750Si.e. "Senna" - Meravigliosa, Mera for short
2017 390 Duke Commuter
2001 XT225 Zombie Assault Vehicle
1987 YSR50 #116 race bike
clubhousemotorsports

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2008, 04:15:38 PM »

you do want to stay with a monster fork as a donor due to length. St forks and SS forks fit but are an inch or so longer, I have a set of SS forks on one of my bikes and the tubes are very proud of the top tree. If you have clip-ons it is okay but it still does not look quite right.

Keep in mind even the fully adjustable forks still need springs minimum and depending on where/how you ride, valves.

good luck
mangeldbug

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 01:37:10 PM »

I have a 2002 M750S with the nonadjustable 43mm Marzocchis.

Anyone know if the S2R1k, S4, or S4R Monster forks (fully adjustable) are compatible with my triple, wheel, rotors, calipers, etc?
Is there anything I should know, or need to buy OTHER than forks, to do the swap?

Thanks

I do plan on replacing the springs.  Maybe valves, but I dont take my Monster to the track and dont ride that hard on the street.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 01:39:40 PM by mangeldbug » Logged

2002 M750Si.e. "Senna" - Meravigliosa, Mera for short
2017 390 Duke Commuter
2001 XT225 Zombie Assault Vehicle
1987 YSR50 #116 race bike
clubhousemotorsports

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2008, 04:25:52 PM »

If you have a hollow front axle the forks should be a direct bolt on. some of the newer monster forks are shorter but I think that your model may be the shorter size already.
to be sure measure your fork length unloaded and just  compare.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: