Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 05:20:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quiet Megaphone Exhaust  (Read 4650 times)
erik822

« on: May 13, 2008, 02:28:21 PM »

The title is obviously an oxymoron, but all the same...
Does anyone know of something that looks like a classic megaphone exhaust, but actually works as a "muffler"?
I've seen some DP megaphones, but I'm under the impression that they do very little actual muffling.

I have a '02 900 i.e.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 07:36:19 AM by erik822 » Logged

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
knightrider

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 05:26:45 PM »

i dont think many ppl that want that look, want quiet, i guess your the exception  Grin sorry cant help, maybe a baffle could be installed if you find a set.

1994 M900
clubhousemotorsports

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 05:42:28 PM »

I don't know if there is one available for your bike..... I don't even know what your bike is.
But look at the termis for the sport classic they have plugs in the end that are removable . These make the bike loud or quiet and look good.
J3

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 04:56:03 AM »

The mivv x-cones with the factory dB attenuator are pretty quiet.  They're a bit louder than stock with the throttle wide-open, but cruising and relaxed riding are nearly the same.  If you take the attenuator out, they are absolutely deafening.  Talk to pjs parts if you are interested.
Fresh Pants

Moof

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 05:42:31 AM »

The Sil Megaphones have a removable silencer dB killer insert that knocks the rumble down to around 85 dB. It's a pretty deep sound, and it still sounds really good (not as good as LOUD  Evil ). But even with the baffles in, they occasionally still set off car alarms. I put them in when I know I'll be out late, and don't want to overly disturb the neighbors when I'm coming home.

They have a slightly fatter profile than the DP conti replica megaphones, and they're shorter too.

Bwooooooahhh
Braaaaaaaappp
Artforge

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 01:52:02 PM »

+1 on the Sil Megaphones. While not "quiet" they're not obnoxiously loud either - I've been running them on my M900 for a couple years, and have been nothing but happy (and they look great as well).

Shown below on the mockup for my soon to be completed M1000Sie Project.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: