Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 10:11:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying new turn signal bulbs  (Read 3617 times)
696DCRider

« on: January 05, 2011, 01:46:39 PM »

One of my stock turn signal lights went out and I need to get a new bulb for it.  I looked up bulb, and it is a RY10W.  I was just wondering if auto parts stores carry this type of bulb or if I need to go to a motorcycle shop/order it on the net.  Any suggestions?
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 01:56:20 PM »

yes, it's a basic bayonet mount bulb.

types bau15 OR 5009 are the same.

RY is a phillips part #

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 01:58:57 PM »

Damn - did Aerostich discontinue the blinker fluid?

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
696DCRider

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 02:08:20 PM »

Okay, thanks.  I'll go to Advanced Auto on my way home then and see if I can pick it up.
yes, it's a basic bayonet mount bulb.

types bau15 OR 5009 are the same.

RY is a phillips part #
696DCRider

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 02:09:54 PM »

Blinker Fluid?  Whaa?  You mean that's the reason it stopped working?  I hope I don't have a leak in my blinker fluid reservoir.  I'll have to check that when I get home tonight.

Damn - did Aerostich discontinue the blinker fluid?

stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 02:23:28 PM »

Blinker Fluid?  Whaa?  You mean that's the reason it stopped working?  I hope I don't have a leak in my blinker fluid reservoir.  I'll have to check that when I get home tonight.

There is no reservoir (it's a closed system) bang head are you thinking about the resistor?

Wink

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
roggie

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 04:02:15 PM »

just a thought...

not that you dont know what your doing, but before you buy a new bulb you might want to just double check that its not the contact area. try running the bulb (the non glass side) on the pavement to scrape off any build up.
I had problems with my rear signal quitting on me a few times and this did the trick...

WhiteStripe

Monster Addiction

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 05:49:02 AM »

just a thought...
not that you dont know what your doing, but before you buy a new bulb you might want to just double check that its not the contact area. try running the bulb (the non glass side) on the pavement to scrape off any build up.
I had problems with my rear signal quitting on me a few times and this did the trick...
I spent several nights a summer ago tracing wires to figure out WTF was wrong with my license plate light, that was going on and off randomly.  After two weeks of messing around, my Dad came by, shot a quirt of lithium grease in the socket and smugly told me not to worry about it again.  Been two years now...guess you can never get too old to be schooled by your father.

2006 S2R 1000, Arrow CF exhaust, FatDuc 02, CF open cc with stock pp
696DCRider

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 01:47:19 PM »

Thank for the tips. After removing the light finally I could see that the filament was burnt.  So, now I just have to take my lazy ass to the auto parts store and pick a new one up.
696DCRider

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 07:42:24 PM »

So, just as an update, I went to 4 different auto stores in the area, and none of them had the correct bulb.  One of them had the right bulb, but not in an amber color.  The only place I could get the bulb was at a motorcycle shop.  It's a good thing they had one in stock.  Would it had made sense to wait a month for them to ship a lightbulb from Italy or something, lol?  That would be ridiculous
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: