Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 22, 2024, 02:14:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: Lego Visor graphic initial design  (Read 68316 times)
rule62

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 04:57:25 PM »

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

...um, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna look exactly like this after I order mine. 
NAKID

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 05:31:34 PM »

That's really cool.

[OT]
HOLY CRAP! What is Ryan doing out of AZDRA?
[/OT]

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
bluemoco
I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!

'04 M800i.e. on a no (carbon) fiber diet.

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 05:32:46 PM »

I like it.  Very nice work, HK!

I tend to agree about the face being a little large, but the scale fits the rider/helmet much better when riding, and when you see it from another car on the road.  I will scale it down and deepen the yellow a bit.

Perfect.  With a (slightly) smaller 'face' and a deeper yellow background it should be just right.   I also like your plan to allow enough material so we can trim them to fit our shields. waytogo

Is the yellow reflective?  I saw the nighttime pic, but I can't tell if it's bright because of the camera flash or because it's truly a reflective material.

For $25 "to our door" I think you've done a marvelous job.  Count me in for one when you're ready to take orders.

"I'm the guy who does his job. You must be the other guy." - Donnie Wahlberg in "The Departed"

"America is all about speed.  Hot, nasty, badass speed." --Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
monster monkey
After I Eat, I Am A

That Really Is Me, I Promise!

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 06:07:10 PM »

Man I can't  wait! I need one for me and one for the Mrs., to be a lego couple

Everytime I'm on two wheels, the streets part, heavens open, and hearts pound

The heart pounding is true, at least...
BastrdHK

Quit complaining, and ride the damn thing!

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2009, 06:11:53 PM »

Thanks for the comments guys!  They really help the design process and so do a couple of these  drink 

The current product I have sourced (Oracal 260F) is not reflective.  After the first batch I am going to try and get my hands on some reflective, no one seems to carry it.  I have found a supplier in China, but I am not keen on their material.   Oracal and 3M are premium products with ratings that are probably overkill for our application, but its much more consistent and easier to work with. 

M-ROCin' it!!!
Mojo S2R
Wearing a cape offline so that others know I am a

. Dark Mojo .

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2009, 06:45:16 PM »

I think it's cool.  You had me laughing at all the images, but if you are going for the lego figure face I think the image at the top more closely matches the lego faces in the middle in comparison to the one at the bottom.
I think the mouth is too wide, the eyes are too big and the mouth and eyes  are too far apart.  Although I was just thinking that where you have the eyes placed may make it easier to see.  Can you see through that?  How about at night?

AfroStar
Learning Everyday about my

I'm High When I Ride!

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2009, 07:17:45 PM »

i think part of the side should be in black to match the helmet....as you can see with the sample red and yellow face, his sides are red to make the face window look smaller... it is still hilarious... i would love to get one, as soon as i make a decision on a new helmet... Vino!

07 Black "Betty" Beauty
Buckethead
I have a little tiny cape that fits on my

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2009, 07:22:05 PM »

i think part of the side should be in black to match the helmet....as you can see with the sample red and yellow face, his sides are red to make the face window look smaller... it is still hilarious... i would love to get one, as soon as i make a decision on a new helmet... Vino!

That's the design of the helmet, not the mask.

Look at the helmet on the left. Plastic covers over the hinge mechanism, painted to match the rest of the helmet.

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
EvilSteve
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2009, 07:36:05 PM »

Still want one, it's hilarious.

Other emoticons would be cool too.

I think if the scale stays the same but the mouth moves slightly closer to the eyes vertically it'd be perfect but I'm pretty happy with it the way it is. Smiley
aaronb

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 07:39:47 PM »

i want one.  it may be difficult to intimidate drivers on the freeway, but it will still be fun

Milwaukee, WI
'07 s2r1k, '81 honda cb400t
slowpoke13

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2009, 07:44:20 PM »

I like and will order one no matter how it comes out. BUt, I think the eyes and mouth are a bit too far apart/big.

slowpokesan
amcloud

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2009, 07:46:56 PM »

Just tell me how to order.  I'm in.

M696 - sold, M1100s - gold Speedy kukri pressure plate, black Speedy halflife cover, Pazzo shorty racing levers, 14 tooth front, CRG ls, Speedy sliders all around, Leo Vince exhaust.
NateDog

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2009, 08:02:08 PM »

laughingdp Love it! I agree that the eyes and mouth are probably just a tad big, but I definitely want one.  waytogo

"To educate a man in mind and not morals is to create a menace to society." Theodore Roosevelt

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in that grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt
Rameses
Local Moderator

*Your Mom* has a Hypermotard

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2009, 08:26:59 PM »

Add me to the "scale's too large" camp.

It's lookin' very promising though.   waytogo

He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2009, 08:47:44 PM »

BastardHK,  applause I'm glad you stepped in to offer your services! This product looks MUCH better then the competitor and for only a slight bit more! I trust your instincts on the selection of a quality material!

I think it would be much better if you placed a dot dead center and pulled everything in about 1/2" -1" and shrunk things to compensate!

oh and HOLY CRAP YOUR TALL MAN!!! your sitting on that thing like i sit on my 25" work stool!

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: