Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 22, 2024, 06:13:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: Lego Visor graphic initial design  (Read 68365 times)
BastrdHK

Quit complaining, and ride the damn thing!

« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2009, 02:10:27 PM »

INSTALLATION GUIDE FOR VINYL VISOR GRAPHIC:

***Use this material on a clear or slightly tinted visor at your own risk!***

***DO NOT USE AT NIGHT OR IN LOW VISIBILITY CONDITIONS***

(I don't need a lawsuit....besides there isn't much to take anyway)

You will need a clean, dry visor, an XACTO knife(preferred and can be found at your local arts and crafts store/hobby shop for $3) or razor knife, hair dryer or heat gun, a squeegee or credit card, and lots of patience!

1. - Clean your visor with mild soap and water.  Dry the visor with a soft cloth so that no dampness or residue is
      left behind.

2. - Attach the visor to your helmet and secure the helmet, so that it will not move during installation of the
      graphic.  Lay the vinyl over the visor to get an idea of where you will position it during installation.

3. - Remove the protective backing from the vinyl and hold it at the edges that will be trimmed so you will not
      contaminate the adhesive with the oils on your fingers.  Center the graphic and lightly lay it across your
      visor.  DO NOT STRETCH THE MATERIAL!  This vinyl has memory and will attempt to return to its original
      state over time and will cause cracking/peeling.  Let it naturally fall across the visor.

4. - Apply the graphic to the center of the visor and work your way out to the edges one side at a time.  The
      vinyl has a pressure activated adhesive.  You may reposition the vinyl as you apply it making sure not
      pull or stretch the material.  Because of the curve most visors exhibit, the material will want to ripple
      in some areas.  TAKE YOUR TIME AND BE PATIENT!  Work with the material and reposition it until you get
      the most desirable fit.  Use a squeegee or credit card to smooth out the material as you apply it working
      from the center to the edges.  DO NOT ALLOW CREASES TO FORM!  Lift the material, reposition and
      smooth out all creases.  DO NOT TOUCH the adhesive where it will contact the visor or the visor surface
      itself.  The oils on your hands will inhibit a positive seal.  Don't worry, it will not be perfect at this stage!

5. - Once you are satisfied with the graphics overall position you may begin applying heat to shrink fit the
      material as you smooth it with your card.  Use a hair dryer or heat gun set to low or medium heat holding
      it 3-4" from the graphic.  ***CAUTION*** overheating can cause separation of the laminate and distortion
      of the vinyl.  DO NOT LIFT THE VINYL AS HEAT IS APPLIED!  This will also cause distortion and improper
      fitment.

6. - If possible remove the visor from the helmet to prevent the helmet finish from being damaged during
      trimming.  Use your XACTO Knife or razor knife to begin trimming off the excess material.  The XACTO
      knife is preferred and allows surgical precision because of a finer tipped blade.  Start by inserting the tip of
      the blade into one of the perforations.  Use the edge of the visor as a guide for your knife and stay as close
      to it as possible.  You want the vinyl to be flush with the visor.  Excess material will lift and catch the wind
      causing ripples.  Try to stay in the same row or column of perforations as it gives a cleaner look.  Hold the
      trimmings taught with the free hand and allow the blade to do all the work.  Done properly, the blade will
      glide through the vinyl.  Again, do not pull or stretch the material.

7. - Once the excess has been trimmed check the opening/closing operation of your visor to make sure there is
      no interference.  Use the tip of your blade to pop any air bubbles that may have formed.  Apply heat and
      smooth firmly from center to the edges.

8. - RIDE SAFE!!!  Take some creative pictures.  I am eager to see these in action  Cool

Good luck,

- Will

M-ROCin' it!!!
ghosthound

« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2009, 02:25:52 PM »

^^ thanks for the writeup!

I absolutely cannot wait to get this thing on.  haha

is there anyway to get the list on the first post?  that way its easier to verify that you have our money and order!

As Duc owners we probably already get a decent amount of head turns... with this its gonna be astronomical!   laughingdp
Goat_Herder

« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2009, 02:59:22 PM »

The wait is EXCRUCIATING..................................................

Goat Herder (Tony)
2003 Ducati Monster 620 - Yellow SOLD
2007 Ducati Monster S2R1000 - Black KILLED
2007 Ducati Monster S2R1000 - Red
HluboDuc

« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2009, 11:44:39 AM »

Hi..

newbie here and just paid for two yesterday plus $10 shipping....Hope you got it.

Cheer..
OstOgBajer
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2009, 11:53:35 AM »

The wait is EXCRUCIATING..................................................

I want it yesterday :-(
ghosthound

« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2009, 05:19:15 PM »

sorry to keep bugging you... could you update the payment confirmed list?  chug
ghosthound

« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2009, 12:01:39 PM »

WOOOT WOOOOT!!! just got a shipping confirmation from paypal!!!

I cant wait!!! My face resembles that of the lego man  cheeky
slowbird

« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2009, 12:24:24 PM »

Oh? Have they been shipped?
Buckethead
I have a little tiny cape that fits on my

« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2009, 12:34:55 PM »

Some of them have, I just got a shipping notice, too.  waytogo

Patience, young one. Arrive, your visor will.

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2009, 01:08:28 PM »

ordered  waytogo

Gaspar, Melchior and Balthasar kicked me out of the band..... they said I didnt fit the image they were trying to project. 

So I went solo.  -Me

Some people call 911..... some people are 911
-Marcus Luttrell
Sleeper_I
cannot raise his

Live free and ride hard

« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2009, 08:49:20 PM »

Paypal sent!   Evil
slowpoke13

« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2009, 06:15:30 PM »

I'm not a huge rush. It'll be weeks before I can put it to use. But, I will be using it this spring/summer.

Wonder what base police will say.

slowpokesan
duclvr

« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2009, 12:19:37 PM »

Got it today Will. Thanks.

Now to find some time to put it on so i don't make the beast with two backs it up

OstOgBajer
« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2009, 04:10:06 PM »

Got mine today. Was a little tricky to install and it's not perfect, but probably because i rushed it a little. Looks good though and I can't wait to go for a ride!

Thanks!

Installed on a Shoei RF-1000 just fine
ghosthound

« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2009, 05:55:33 PM »

ahh i cant wait!! i wish it came today, but not a huge deal... Im partaking on a group ride this saturday so i hope it comes tomorrow in time!

Post up pix for those who already installed it!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: