Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 22, 2024, 06:11:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: Lego Visor graphic initial design  (Read 68355 times)
BastrdHK

Quit complaining, and ride the damn thing!

« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2009, 12:06:30 AM »

Got it today Will. Thanks.

Now to find some time to put it on so i don't make the beast with two backs it up

Hope you enjoy it!

Got mine today. Was a little tricky to install and it's not perfect, but probably because i rushed it a little. Looks good though and I can't wait to go for a ride!

Thanks!

Installed on a Shoei RF-1000 just fine

Let us know what you think after your ride....and as far as the install goes....patience is a virtue Cool

M-ROCin' it!!!
Desmostro

alis volat propriis

« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2009, 12:50:16 AM »

Can you see out of that thing? Visual from the inside please - put info on the first post. waytogo

Very cool. I was going to help you with the graphics, but someone beet me to it.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room
BastrdHK

« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2009, 01:04:05 AM »

Can you see out of that thing? Visual from the inside please - put info on the first post. waytogo

Very cool. I was going to help you with the graphics, but someone beet me to it.

M-ROCin' it!!!
DLSGAP

« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2009, 07:23:32 AM »

Got mine today...

Well it came yesterday but I was out of the office so It was waiting for me on my desk this morning. UNFORTUNATELY, I'm packed to go out of town to hit the track this weekend... so I wont have a chance to install it until Monday.. But I'll post up Pics ASAP

Damien
'07 Kawi ZX-10R Candy Plasma Blue
Draggin Knees since 1988

Mojo S2R
Wearing a cape offline so that others know I am a

. Dark Mojo .

« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2009, 09:29:00 AM »

Wife said mine just came in the mail.  I'll post some pics when I go home next month.

mbalmer

Ready to ride

« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2009, 09:47:39 AM »

I'm looking forward to getting mine. I am curious to see if anyone gets pulled over by the  Police for the visor covering.

Is it June yet?
OstOgBajer
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2009, 02:04:15 PM »

Well I just went for a short ride. Passed right by a cop going in the opposite direction and he didn't turn around. Either he didn't care or didn't notice. I'm in Texas BTW.

I must say though... it's a little distracting. It's harder to see details in the road and screws with your depth perception. I found it harder to judge how far away cars were and how fast they were stopping. Maybe it won't be as distracting if I ride with it more often, but this was the first time I felt concern for my safety since my first highway ride.

I definitely would not ride with it at night or in tunnels. Bring a spare clear visor with you if you're afraid you'll be caught after dark.

Anyone else share my same experience or concerns?

It did get quite a few looks though. The kids getting out of school loved it.

---

EDIT: Hrmm... maybe i felt a little more distracted by the visor than I should have been. I think I may be getting sick and riding my bike triggered light-headed-ness making it harder to concentrate while riding. My niece has strep throat, and it was only a matter of time until I caught it... just a coincidence that it happened the same time I was testing the visor skin. I still think the visor skin itself makes it harder to see when riding though. I'll try it again once I'm no longer sick... and let me know how you guys feel riding with it.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 02:14:59 PM by OstOgBajer » Logged
Monster Dave

« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2009, 02:19:39 PM »

EDIT: Hrmm... maybe i felt a little more distracted by the visor than I should have been. I think I may be getting sick and riding my bike triggered light-headed-ness making it harder to concentrate while riding. My niece has strep throat, and it was only a matter of time until I caught it... just a coincidence that it happened the same time I was testing the visor skin. I still think the visor skin itself makes it harder to see when riding though. I'll try it again once I'm no longer sick... and let me know how you guys feel riding with it.

That's smart for certain. I'd guess that if it were me that I'd be distracted because I'd be too excited about it!!!!

Ride safe at all times!  [moto]
ghosthound

« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2009, 02:27:21 PM »

Yeah, i can imagine how it can be distracting while riding... but im sure you would eventually get use to it... and just think... once you start using a normal visor its like you'll have super vision!!  laughingdp

im seriously going crazy waiting for this thing!!  Luckily im going to watch a movie with a friend so hopefully it comes today in the mail.. Im all the way on the left coast so i have no idea how long it should take to get here.
duclvr

« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2009, 02:59:59 PM »

Installed. Not a job for someone with OCD, its very hard to get perfect. Which mine is definitely not. Glad i installed it on my Gmax and not my Arai.

He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2009, 03:16:59 PM »

can you apply this like a vinyl sticker? with soapy water/alochol mix? would make the position 10x easier.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
duclvr

« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2009, 03:51:42 PM »

I don't think so. I'm sure someone who is used to doing decals etc. would probably do a better job.
The curvature of the visor really drove me crazy.
ghosthound

« Reply #117 on: March 07, 2009, 01:56:28 AM »

can you apply this like a vinyl sticker? with soapy water/alochol mix? would make the position 10x easier.

i went to a local sign shop to see how much it would cost to get a custom face shield graphic done... they told me with the material thats perforated and laminated, you dont want to use liquid during the application process.  They also recommended getting a tape to seal around the edges to ensure that nothing works its way under the portions that are perforated.

Sad no lego face shield for my group ride tomorrow... im so dissapointed... oh well.  I will just have to wait for the next event.
BastrdHK

« Reply #118 on: March 08, 2009, 08:38:43 PM »

No it is not recommended......it is meant to be applied to a clean, DRY surface!  Your installation instructions will help.

They also recommended getting a tape to seal around the edges to ensure that nothing works its way under the portions that are perforated.

Sad no lego face shield for my group ride tomorrow... im so dissapointed... oh well.  I will just have to wait for the next event.

Sorry for the delay ghosthound.....PP shipping ain't worth the paper its printed on!  I personally mailed duclvr's graphic at the Post Office March 2nd and it was there the 4th.  Roll Eyes  The tape on the edge is not a bad idea.  The adhesive is aggressive enough to combat this if installed properly.  Taping would be insurance and could extend the life of the mod.

Please be safe!!!  Hope you feel better Cool
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 08:43:42 PM by BastrdHK » Logged

M-ROCin' it!!!
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #119 on: March 08, 2009, 08:43:20 PM »

where are you mailing them from? mine hasnt arrived yet either.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: