Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 22, 2024, 06:16:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: Lego Visor graphic initial design  (Read 68381 times)
Got Duc

« Reply #180 on: March 13, 2009, 03:52:55 AM »

Got mine!

Now, have to put it on

Why do roaches always die on their back?

That because the survivors flip them over to steal their sneakers and wallets.
EvilSteve
« Reply #181 on: March 13, 2009, 05:05:41 AM »

There are even more awesome than I was hoping, I'm a bit bummed I don't have an Arai though because the eyebrows are hilarious. Can't wait to get mine. Smiley

You look so earnest when cornering:

laughingdp
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 05:07:33 AM by EvilSteve » Logged
slowbird

« Reply #182 on: March 13, 2009, 06:01:18 AM »

I'm loving all the pictures! Looks like you guys had more patience than I did.  [moto]

X2

I fubard mine up a little.

That's why i bought 2!
mbalmer

Ready to ride

« Reply #183 on: March 13, 2009, 06:19:57 AM »

I got mine yesterday in San Jose, CA.

My husband thinks I should use soapy water to put it on. I told him I have to see out of it. He said it would dry clear. I told him he was full of crap. It turned into a stupid argument. Someone please say that soapy water would be a stupid idea so that I can win.

BastrdHK, If anyone out there has an interest in getting a Lego face will you be getting more or are you done?

Is it June yet?
DucinKtown

« Reply #184 on: March 13, 2009, 06:22:26 AM »

Hey Will,

I just sent you the paypal.

Looking forward.

Russ
ghosthound

« Reply #185 on: March 13, 2009, 06:54:07 AM »

My husband thinks I should use soapy water to put it on. I told him I have to see out of it. He said it would dry clear. I told him he was full of crap. It turned into a stupid argument. Someone please say that soapy water would be a stupid idea so that I can win.

BastrdHK, If anyone out there has an interest in getting a Lego face will you be getting more or are you done?

Cry I hope sacramento is just a little bit behind...

as for the soapy water... i stopped by a sign shop to see what they would charge to get something made for me and i also asked them for installation tips.  They said that because it is laminated, and perforated, they wouldnt recomend using a water application...
BastrdHK

Quit complaining, and ride the damn thing!

« Reply #186 on: March 13, 2009, 08:02:24 AM »

[moto] [moto] [moto]

My favorite so far  Cool  I am very impressed with the installs.  It can be tricky on the visors.  He Man, nice job cutting around visor lock....I know that wasn't easy.  Glad you guys like it! 

If you are having trouble with your vision just eat more  bacon then smear your fingers all over the visor.....works just like Rain X   Grin  I am anxious to hear what the reactions are on the street!

M-ROCin' it!!!
BastrdHK

« Reply #187 on: March 13, 2009, 08:25:19 AM »

ghosthound is 100% correct......DO NOT USE SOAPY WATER.......the visor must be clean and dry to get the best adhesion.  Water is only used for certain types of adhesive, specifically large graphics on surfaces that have multiple contours where positioning is difficult.  Vehicle wraps are a good example of this type of application.  Most people end up using too much soap (you only need about one drop of liquid soap per liter) which leaves a film as the water evaporates and prevents proper adhesion.

You win the battle, and can choose to blow him out of the water with this knowledge or be merciful, and tell him he is not entirely wrong.  Cool

Yes, I will print more on request, but they will not be the same price for non DMF members.  $35 for non members....save $10 if you join the DMF  Wink

M-ROCin' it!!!
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #188 on: March 13, 2009, 08:58:05 AM »

Yes, I will print more on request, but they will not be the same price for non DMF members.  $35 for non members....save $10 if you join the DMF  Wink

Trolls need not apply! i know there were a quite a few people who signed up JUST to buy this thing.  laughingdp

i just went for a walk with it. Without my contacts in, i cant, NOT focus on the dots and its really hard to see. but with contacts on, its fine. luckly i dont ride without them so im good.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 09:02:23 AM by He Man » Logged

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
Monster Dave

« Reply #189 on: March 13, 2009, 09:17:59 AM »

We need a DMF Lego Rally! Can you imagine how awesome a group shot would be!! laughingdp

I here by nominate this for the 2009 DMF Thread of the Year Award:

« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 09:20:42 AM by Monster Dave » Logged
BastrdHK

« Reply #190 on: March 13, 2009, 09:32:13 AM »

Trolls need not apply! i know there were a quite a few people who signed up JUST to buy this thing.  laughingdp

i just went for a walk with it. Without my contacts in, i cant, NOT focus on the dots and its really hard to see. but with contacts on, its fine. luckly i dont ride without them so im good.

Maybe we need a minimum post requirement too huh!?!

Awesome!

M-ROCin' it!!!
billruiz
I'm a tool with a

« Reply #191 on: March 13, 2009, 11:09:17 AM »

I got a weird tip on installation. Being a lazy ass I sat in my recliner putting the LEGO mask on. Once I got it where I wanted with the shield IN the helmet, I got it started in the middle and worked my way out. What really helped was holding the shield over my face while in full recline mode. If you keep the mask sorta curled away from the shield it was easier for the decal to not get accidentally stuck.

In the attached pic I'm using a cloth to simulate the decal. My kids think I'm nuts. All in all it took me about an hour to get it on. Patience is the key and yeah my arms got tired.

junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

GT1k, 99 M900(V), 98 M900(W), 00 M900S, 02 748E/R

« Reply #192 on: March 13, 2009, 11:14:59 AM »

Oh, that makes a lot of sense to do it that way.

Also, awesome dogs.

Doctor Woodrow
They took away my avatar so here are some chicks with guns, at least the mods can't take away my

« Reply #193 on: March 13, 2009, 12:23:42 PM »

Oh, that makes a lot of sense to do it that way.

Also, awesome dogs.

They are supervising, can't you tell?

The Doc

2005 620 Dark "Zerafina", High mount Termi's, Cyclecat rearsets and clipons. Axio "Repsol" Hardpack backpack. Some of us put the 'Damn' in Crash Damnage.
Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #194 on: March 13, 2009, 01:29:26 PM »

FYI....be very carefull riding with this on.  I just got back from a test ride.... wowzer.... my head is spinning. My eyes had a hard time switching from looking at the dots, to looking through the dots.

Gaspar, Melchior and Balthasar kicked me out of the band..... they said I didnt fit the image they were trying to project. 

So I went solo.  -Me

Some people call 911..... some people are 911
-Marcus Luttrell
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: