Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 22, 2024, 06:11:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: Lego Visor graphic initial design  (Read 68358 times)
Paegelow

« Reply #240 on: March 31, 2009, 01:29:23 PM »

I finally got around to putting mine on today.  I have the same helmet as Trenner (HJC CL-SP), and I had the same issue with the decal not being quite tall enough.  I chose the other option though, and cut off the back ends.

Here's as close to the top of my visor as I could get it:

So here's what I ended up doing:

Overall I think it looks pretty cool!  I'm looking forward to trying it out on my next ride.  waytogo

junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

GT1k, 99 M900(V), 98 M900(W), 00 M900S, 02 748E/R

« Reply #241 on: March 31, 2009, 01:38:48 PM »

i, apparently, suck at removing all 'bubbles' near the edges as it goes around. still looks pretty good, and from a car lane away i don't think anybody will be able to tell.

i'm just really impressed with everybody else's results.

Paegelow

« Reply #242 on: March 31, 2009, 02:17:11 PM »

I'm pretty happy with how I got mine to turn out.  It took me at least an hour of screwing around though!
EvilSteve
« Reply #243 on: March 31, 2009, 02:23:28 PM »

I got mine in the mail the other day, it's freaking hilarious. Can't wait to put it on my visor. I'm wondering whether I put it on my new helmet or my old one. Smiley
NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #244 on: March 31, 2009, 03:33:17 PM »

I got mine in the mail the other day, it's freaking hilarious. Can't wait to put it on my visor. I'm wondering whether I put it on my new helmet or my old one. Smiley

I bought a new visor just for mine; waiting for both to arrive!

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

DucinKtown

« Reply #245 on: March 31, 2009, 05:59:04 PM »

Mine just arrived today,
I'll install later, I have to grab the heat gun from work to complete it, looks great.
I'll post once I'm done.

Thanks Russ
sroberts152
Say hello to my

« Reply #246 on: March 31, 2009, 06:17:59 PM »

I finally got my new helmet and spare visor just for this... now I need to find time to actually put this on...  I know there's some time around here somewhere.  Oh crap... I just wasted it posting.  Sad
BastrdHK

Quit complaining, and ride the damn thing!

« Reply #247 on: March 31, 2009, 07:33:19 PM »

Good job with the install Paegelow!  The new batch has been sent out six people so far.  It is an inch taller to correct the issue trenner and Paegelow experienced.  It is not laminated to correct the haziness that many experienced, but is protected instead by a UV resistant gel coat that does not interfere with the perforations.  I have ridden with it for the past week, and I am very happy with the new design. 

As a bonus, not having the laminate makes the install much easier.  You have about 5,000 perforations working with you to keep the wrinkles out.

I look forward to hearing from the guys that just received the new batch.

M-ROCin' it!!!
silentbob
« Reply #248 on: March 31, 2009, 08:02:22 PM »

Good job with the install Paegelow!  The new batch has been sent out six people so far.  It is an inch taller to correct the issue trenner and Paegelow experienced.  It is not laminated to correct the haziness that many experienced, but is protected instead by a UV resistant gel coat that does not interfere with the perforations.  I have ridden with it for the past week, and I am very happy with the new design. 

As a bonus, not having the laminate makes the install much easier.  You have about 5,000 perforations working with you to keep the wrinkles out.

I look forward to hearing from the guys that just received the new batch.

I haven't installed the original yet.  How do I get the new style and does anyone want the old one?
BastrdHK

« Reply #249 on: March 31, 2009, 10:55:12 PM »

I have incorporated the visor graphics into my website with more designs coming soon.  The site will focus on photographs of early motor sport.  The site is still in its infancy, and I am adding content daily.  I have about 500 images to process and add to the site.  It is a daunting task at times with late nights.....(as I post at 2:45am).  I am learning a lot about early racing history, the machines, and the men that pioneered some of the technology we ride on today.  Some of these guys make modern day racers look like pansies!!!  100mph on a board track with no brakes or throttle control....(they just ran the carbs wide open and held on for dear life)  Shocked  Let me know if there is something specific you would like to see. 

The site is not compatible with Internet Explorer right now, as there is a bug in the code I haven't worked out yet.  DMF members receive 20% off and all members that joined before April 1st get the Lego graphic for $25 shipped.  During the order process include your DMF screen name at payment, and I will refund the difference the next day. 

It has been a lot of fun working with everyone. 

Thank you for all your support guys!

- Will Fulford
   www.vintageinkonline.com
   843-870-5101

M-ROCin' it!!!
ghosthound

« Reply #250 on: April 01, 2009, 06:07:20 AM »

sweet! ill order when i get home!
Innovatek

« Reply #251 on: April 04, 2009, 08:03:41 AM »

Very awesome, good work! I plan on ordering one right now. I'm going to get laughs riding around base, but thats what this is all about.  Smiley
Paegelow

« Reply #252 on: April 04, 2009, 03:38:41 PM »

Thanks!  I finally went out for a ride with it, and got a lot of goofy looks Grin   It was kind of hard to see though.  Like areas where I know there's usually gravel and crap in the road, but i couldn't really see it, that was kind of terrifying!  I might be interested in the non-laminated version.
alligator

« Reply #253 on: April 04, 2009, 04:29:36 PM »

Okay, can someone remind us how to get one?  I'd rather not read through all 17 pages of threads to find out how.
BastrdHK

« Reply #254 on: April 05, 2009, 02:57:09 AM »

Thanks!  I finally went out for a ride with it, and got a lot of goofy looks Grin   It was kind of hard to see though.  Like areas where I know there's usually gravel and crap in the road, but i couldn't really see it, that was kind of terrifying!  I might be interested in the non-laminated version.

The newer, non-laminated design will definitely correct that issue.

Okay, can someone remind us how to get one?  I'd rather not read through all 17 pages of threads to find out how.

VintageInkOnline.com ...... be sure to include your DMF screen name during payment.  You were a member before Apr. 1st qualifying for the special DMF price($25).  I will refund the difference the following day.

M-ROCin' it!!!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: