Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 04:01:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Barnett clutches...  (Read 4597 times)
scooby

<~ I am what I am ~>

« on: May 14, 2008, 08:42:33 AM »

What do you all think? Looking at getting rid of the stock basket and plates on my 01MS4; Barnett seems like good quality for a good price. Also looked at a Desmo times set up; but lots more dough... TIA

What would ScoobyDoo?
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 08:45:48 AM »

I replaced the worn Barnett pack in my 900, with another newer Barnett version (the red friction material).  I've had no issues with it at all with the pack and it's been a few K miles since the change out. 

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
sur4die

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 10:41:46 AM »

+1 for the barnett clutch pack.

smooth operation and the price is right.  i couldn't justify the basket.
Magnus

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 12:12:17 PM »

just be aware that if you get a nichols basket, the newest barnett plates probably won't work (unless something has changed with them from last year)...   i went through that and had to use the "older" iteration of the barnett plates.

'02 MS4 Black Fog
scooby

<~ I am what I am ~>

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 01:55:39 PM »

just be aware that if you get a nichols basket, the newest barnett plates probably won't work (unless something has changed with them from last year)...   i went through that and had to use the "older" iteration of the barnett plates.
Whatchoo mean willis? laughingdp The guy who is selling them on ebay has the best price on baskets and plates... Seems like they should work together... I'll call him- gee, maybe that's an idea... Roll Eyes

http://TinyURL.com/4r34bn

http://tinyurl.com/5oea5e

What would ScoobyDoo?
knightrider

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 05:01:16 PM »

i believe he ment if you are getting a nichols basket, not the barnett basket, all thats needed with the nichols basket is to file the fingers down a little on the plates to make them fit

1994 M900
DJ

'94 M900, aka 'Angelina'

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 07:04:43 AM »

+2 on the barnett, they're quality hardware. I'm on my second set (nearly time to replace) on the Mostro, and have used them in two other bikes. Never a problem. waytogo

Open airbox, K&amp;N, FCRs, Dynas, custom Yoshi slip-ons, custom clutch, some CC stuff and other assorted, naughty bits that make my wife worry...
Pics & Mods
Irish Club ----- iDOC
US Club ------- DesmoNorthwest
LA

The Sleek Black Beauty

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 07:44:04 AM »

The stock plates will out last the red barnett plates. I have used three sets of the red plates and like them fine. Thank god it only takes thirty min. to change out a set. I get about 5000 to 6000 mi. out of a set.

Chris (Ca-cycleworks) has them at a good price.

LA

"I'm leaving this one totally stock" - Full Termi kit, Ohlins damper, Pazzo levers, lane splitters, 520 quick change 14/43 gears, DP gold press plate w/open cover, Ductile iron rotors w/cp211 pads.

R90S (hot rod), 80-900SS, Norton 850 MkIII, S4RS
Magnus

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 12:42:49 PM »

Whatchoo mean willis? laughingdp The guy who is selling them on ebay has the best price on baskets and plates... Seems like they should work together... I'll call him- gee, maybe that's an idea... Roll Eyes

http://TinyURL.com/4r34bn

http://tinyurl.com/5oea5e

that's a barnett basket...  i'm talking about nichols.  yeah, i would think a barnett basket would work just fine with barnett plates...  otherwise somebody really f'ed up!  i'm saying barnett plates with a nichols basket, just make sure you've got the right plates for it, that's all.  there are a few versions of the barnett plates out there.

'02 MS4 Black Fog
davejenknz

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 01:42:41 PM »

I bought the Pro-Cutting/Barnett  combo from DesmoTimes this month to fit on my 2003 MS4.
It was only $30 more than the equivalent Barnett. This I think due to the hand selection/fitting of the plates to the basket.
My OEM clutch lasted 35000 kms. At that time the friction plates were worn to the limit and the basket/plate clearance was 1.4mm out of spec, deeply notched and noisy as hell.
From the feedback of owners who have fitted this combo I expect to see at least 50000 kms.
So far I've done only 300 kms with the new clutch. LT from Desmotimes indicated that it may take 300-400 kms to feel right , but mine was fine from the start.
I also changed the throwout bearing, springs, bolts and caps. I kept the original pressure plate as I run a closed cover.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: