Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 12:34:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moral Dilema  (Read 7533 times)
Manny
Local Moderator

'06 MTS 1000ds S - sexier than ever

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2008, 07:52:17 AM »

white

and you owe us pics soon!
kutter

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2008, 07:01:33 AM »

Ok everyone, I picked it up yesterday. Wow is it different from my Monster. I will get another Monster one day but for now I have to say that it does ride really nice. It is like it knows what I want to do before I do and it just does it. Shifting is crisp and clean, the engine is smooth from down low to as far as I have taken it, only 6K right now. The riding position is obviously a lot different, not better or worse just different, I confess that will take a little getting used to. When I take in for the first service I am going to have the suspension set up for me. It feels a little stiff but that may just be the difference in the 2 scooters. Mirrors are nearly worthless, I am going to look at the extenders by Shift-tech as well as the rearsets they sell and maybe a tinted windscreen. Even those are preference things not necessary to enjoy it. The dealer was trying to convince me to buy the complete system but I told them I was going to hold off for a bit, 132HP is enough for now and it seems to go ok for me.

So here is the first pic in front of my other vehicle.

http://picasaweb.google.com/kutter34/BloggerPictures/photo?authkey=cJBAn8o0TpU#5201359555699185970

All my best ideas get me into trouble.

I am reminded of the immortal words of Socrates when he said, 'I drank what?!'

Some people are like Slinkies ... Not really good for anything..... But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
silentbob
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2008, 08:27:41 AM »

Excellent choice. 

The pre-load is set very high on the rear as delivered from the factory.  Get the sag dialed in for your weight and it will handle great.

Get the mirror extenders or a set of CRGs and you'll be set.
MuscovyDuc

02' M750I.E. Dark - (pearl white)

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2008, 09:03:58 AM »

Nice bike waytogo
The 848 is the reason why I painted my bike pearl white

Manny
Local Moderator

'06 MTS 1000ds S - sexier than ever

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2008, 10:06:48 AM »

nice ride!

but watch out. that ford looks a bit jealous....  Grin

Heath

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2008, 10:17:08 AM »

I know when I saw the 848 in person I wasn't at all impressed with the quality of the paint job.  It was rough like a dark.  If I want my bike to be gloss I want it to be like glass.  I am not sure if it was like that on the red too but the white wasn't that smooth.

2007 Ducati Monster S4RT
2006 Ducati Monster S2R800 Dark [sold]
vampireduc

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2008, 11:05:13 AM »

White!  I'm redoing mine in white.

Of the good in you I can speak but not of evil.  For what is evil but good tortured by its own hunger and thirst.

'97 M750...sold
'99 900ss...project, waiting on parts to finish the rebuild (sold)
'99 750ss...parts for the 900ss (sold)
'97 M750...again!
m0t0g0th

.:GoneFeral:.

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2008, 07:08:46 PM »

GORGEOUS.
congrats!
be sure to get some beauty-shots!
and also a few with you on it.   Wink

ah, and about pearl white aging: it ages magnificently, photographs like new until it's beyond munched.  here's a 15 year old Kawasaki in pearl, you can't see any of the wear, skritches, or use - there's a major burn beside the mirror and on the chinpiece in obvious black, everything else is lost in photography and really difficult to see IRL, too.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 07:17:17 PM by Unseelie » Logged

A red traffic light means:
  • Incoming missiles
  • Stop
  • You win! Speed through the intersection to claim your reward!
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2008, 07:18:16 PM »

Looks like white is the new black...

I'm still groovin' on the Martini sticker kit. Anyone? Class? Bueller??

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
kutter

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2008, 02:39:23 PM »

I can only comment on the paint on mine and it is very straight. I have not found a flaw anywhere in it, no orange peel, smooth as glass and it POPS in bright sun, in fact its hard to look at.

During the ride today it attracted a lot of attention, there were probably 5-6 1098's out and everyone was commenting on the baby superbike.

I already decided that I was going to get the mirror extenders, a new set of rear sets and new windscreen. Saw a Puig windscreen today that I really liked.

Put 200 miles on it today and the only complaint I had was the guys I was riding with were pulling away from me since I could not ring it out. I can't wait till I can see what it is really capable of.

All my best ideas get me into trouble.

I am reminded of the immortal words of Socrates when he said, 'I drank what?!'

Some people are like Slinkies ... Not really good for anything..... But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Flipside725

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2008, 03:33:40 PM »

beautiful bike...good choice in the white.  waytogo
break in period is really annoying...all you want to do is jump on it, but one day you'll reach that 600 mile service and be able to juice her a bit more, then you'll get to that, what, 1200 mile mark? and be able to open that baby up!

"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul"

Y O L O
You Only Live Once
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: