Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 18, 2024, 03:25:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OOWWWWW!!!!!  (Read 1865 times)
Doctor Woodrow
They took away my avatar so here are some chicks with guns, at least the mods can't take away my

« on: March 05, 2009, 12:33:18 PM »

Okay so Tuesday was the anniversary of my big wreck on the 205, however the day nefore that I had an almost repeat (except on my bicycle this time) of a big accident. I finally got my butt out to get back in  shape and ride my bicycle, so I picked my Cervelo out of the lineup and hopped on. I noticed that the brake swere screwy but thought 'I only told the wife I would be gone for 30 minutes so I have to go now, and not spend any time adjusting them.' That was a BAD choice!

My front brake was really tight and my rear brake was really loose, don't ask, they just were. I figured I would just take it easy anyways. I am riding along (pretty fast even for being out of shape) and then all of a sudden somebody jumps into my path and I have to cram on the brakes. Guess what? Because I had to mash the rear brake w/my right hand (remember it was adjusted really loose) I also mashed down on the front really hard. This locked up my front tire and I did and endo on a super-lightweight racing bike.

I came slamming back down onto the seat as I lost my right pedal and landed with all of my wieght on the inside of my left leg on the unforgiving racing seat. I almost passed out right then and there from the pain. I now have a huge bruise on my left leg/inside thigh and it turned completely black for about 36 hours!!! Now it has begun to settle into a more dark blue and purple bruise.

The only thing that could have made it worse would have been if I HADN"T lost my right pedal and had come down centered. I can gaurantee you that I would have had to go to the emergency room and probably to the O.R. if I hadn't landed slightly off to the side.

Oh yeah, and riding the Monster hasn't been comfortable, so if you see me any time in the next couple of weeks, I will be the one hanging one cheek off the seat.

Moral of the story: adjust your the brakes on your bike, you never know when you might suddenly need them RIGHT NOW!!!!

The Doc

2005 620 Dark "Zerafina", High mount Termi's, Cyclecat rearsets and clipons. Axio "Repsol" Hardpack backpack. Some of us put the 'Damn' in Crash Damnage.
NEIKOS
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 12:36:39 PM »

Speedy recovery!

Not to laugh at your injury but . . . dude riding side saddle on a Monster . . . that's comedy!  cheeky
SR1K_Femme

TWINS Basil, TWINS!!

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 10:45:02 PM »

He's wanting to see what it was like for women in the early 1900's.  I can respect that. Wink  Hope you heal up soon buddy.  Damn see and THIS is why my bike stays in the garage.. it's safer there.  For the BOTH of us.. Wink

"Why, so serious!?"
Doctor Woodrow
They took away my avatar so here are some chicks with guns, at least the mods can't take away my

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 06:42:24 AM »

Dang it, now my bruise has a huge line across the middle of it from riding!!! (basically re-bruising) I never said I was riding side-saddle, I just meant I would be seated pretty crooked on the bike. Screw it anyways, two days of riding and it isn't helping with the healing at all; I'm taking the wife's car today. Plus the teeth gritting is going to make my dentist want to kill me.

The Doc

2005 620 Dark "Zerafina", High mount Termi's, Cyclecat rearsets and clipons. Axio "Repsol" Hardpack backpack. Some of us put the 'Damn' in Crash Damnage.
NEIKOS
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 07:03:45 AM »

. . . I never said I was riding side-saddle . . .

The Doc

Nope, I said it for you becuase it was funny.  Trying to cheer you up buddy!  cheeky

How's the little one?
Doctor Woodrow

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 08:39:03 AM »

He is doing really well. In the last few days he has really figured out the rolling over thing well, he can now roll over any time he wants to, sometimes he doesn't 'setup' quite right, but he usually gets it right after moving his arm out from under his body. He really enjoys sitting up, however he can't really do so on his own, so he has to have a little bit of help. He is also grabbing onto anything placed in front of him, but isn't quite fast enough to grab one's food (unless you get distracted). We are thinking about strating him on solids (Okay, really mashed up stuff, but more than milk) at the end of this month. He will be 6 months old on the 19th. He is still as fat and happy as ever and has really settled into a good steady routine throughout the day and night as long as my wife and I help him with it (IE put him to bed when it is time to do so.)

The Doc

Babies: sometimes they're so cute you don't put them to bed after they fall asleep, you just sit and hold them while they sleep.

Visolara

Jacobs Love Meat

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 09:15:15 AM »

He is doing really well. In the last few days he has really figured out the rolling over thing well, he can now roll over any time he wants to, sometimes he doesn't 'setup' quite right, but he usually gets it right after moving his arm out from under his body. He really enjoys sitting up, however he can't really do so on his own, so he has to have a little bit of help. He is also grabbing onto anything placed in front of him, but isn't quite fast enough to grab one's food (unless you get distracted). We are thinking about strating him on solids (Okay, really mashed up stuff, but more than milk) at the end of this month. He will be 6 months old on the 19th. He is still as fat and happy as ever and has really settled into a good steady routine throughout the day and night as long as my wife and I help him with it (IE put him to bed when it is time to do so.)

The Doc

Babies: sometimes they're so cute you don't put them to bed after they fall asleep, you just sit and hold them while they sleep.

Nice!

Now if we could only get Rowan to not turn into the evil child within when it gets dark out.  Smiley

Maurice Miller
2009 OMRRA Rider Representative

OMRRA #39
WMRRA #39
Dark Horse Racing

Race Supporters -
Noel Communications, Inc. , 2Fast Motorcycle Track Days & Instruction , KBC Helmets , EDR Performance , Cascade Tracktime , GP Suspension North , KFG Dunlop LLC , LP Privateer , Dainese , AMS Oil

| 2006 Ducati 749S (street) | 2004 Suzuki SV650S (race) | 2002 Aprilia Mille (race) |
Betty Rage
it's a bird! it's a plane! No, it's a

hater

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 01:14:13 PM »

It's good you're waiting till he's six months, you are decreasing the risk for a lot of allergies and other issues that way. Here's a good article to read: http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/solids/index.html

Speedy recovery!!

Darkhorse den mother
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: