Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 03:37:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British Bike Mags (and Ducati reliability)!  (Read 2189 times)
Smitch

only thing whiter is my skin!

« on: May 14, 2008, 05:10:08 PM »

So I subscribe to Cycle World and Motorcyclist.  Both are good for different reasons most of the time, but twice friends have given me British bike mags (Fast Bikes and Bikes to be precise) and these mags always seem to have something that our domestic rags lack.  Maybe it's the cheeky English slang, but they seem to focus more on MotoGP, WSBK, and the sportsbike lifestyle (stunting NOT included).  Maybe that's why I like them.

Today I went to Barnes & Noble in search of such limey goodness, hoping to find one with an article on an 848.  Lo and behold, one I'd never seen before called Performance Bikes with an article called "Do Ducatis Still Break Down?" in which they abused an 848 for 2 1/2 hours to see if they could get it to use any oil!  Not quite a long term test, but they declared that the 848 seems just as well built as bikes from Japan Inc.

At around $9.00 each, Brit mags are pricey, but I highly recommend Bike Magazine and Performance Bikes.  These both have a small amount of loose language, and others like Fast Bikes have some boobies, so take that into consideration before you leave them on the coffee table for your little ones/wife to peruse!

What about you guys, got a favorite Moto rag?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 05:47:09 PM by Smitch » Logged
COWBOY

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 05:42:00 PM »

Ride and Bike magazine are my two favs.  PB and Fast Bikes are next.

Any of the 4 are better than what we get here in the US. IMO.

2005 S2R -- Mods installed: DP termi full racing kit, ST4 Forks, S4R rear shock, 999 Radial Brake and Clutch MCs, 4 pot Brembo Calipers, 320mm Snowflake rotors, SBK Quick change carrier, 43T rear sproket, Tomaselli Clip Ons, Cyclecat Frame Sliders, ASV Levers, zero indicators, Supernova taillight
Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 06:09:26 PM »

I like the Brit rags to. They aren't so PC and they show some attitude. I only subsribe to CW right now and pic up random other mags. I actually read car mags prolly as often, I totally dig the Rat-Rods. Of course I feel at home among them with my ol' 65 F100  waytogo Old Skool Ridez and Car Kulture Deluxe are my faves.

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
cooleye

Ciao

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 12:28:40 PM »

I also like Performance Bikes...they have some good hooligan stuff in there, and dont seem so PC as the stuff here in the states (just like everything else). Maybe thats why I dont ever remember looking at a Speed limit sign the whole 3 years I was in Europe!! applause applause laughingdp laughingdp
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: