Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 06, 2024, 07:15:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back Pack recommendations  (Read 14828 times)
numbskull

'07 S2R1000

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2008, 09:16:12 PM »

Don't mind those Chrome bags either, but I preffer something with dual straps.

Fwoah!! These look good, are they ridgid or they just look like that in the pic? Looks awesome, got any more info by any chance. Google doing alot of gogling today... Grin waytogo - Chris

I've been using the Ogio No-Drag backpack for the last few weeks. It's semi-rigid, so it keeps it's shape well. It doesn't appear as high-end as the Kriega, Tumi or Axio packs but for half the cost, it's functional. All the zippers are on the inside surface of the pack, (the side closest to your back) so there's little chance that it will open up on it's own from high speed riding. The straps are comfortable and well padded and appears to be well constructed for the price.
corey
Is that a throttle tube in your pocket? Or just your

'06 Tang/Black S2R800

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2008, 12:00:28 PM »

How much can you fit in that sucker? It looks a little small. Think you can pack a weekends worth of  clothes in it?

When all the land lays in ruin... And burnination has forsaken the countryside... Only one guy will remain... My money's on...
numbskull

'07 S2R1000

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2008, 01:55:40 PM »

How much can you fit in that sucker? It looks a little small. Think you can pack a weekends worth of  clothes in it?

So far I've managed to pack a complete set of spare clothes (jeans, shirt, socks, boxers), a laptop, camera, small water bottle, wallet, iPod and phone with charger. I also managed to stuff the liner from my jacket in there. It was pretty tight and I doubt I could put much else in there.
55Spy

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2008, 03:01:44 AM »

I'm pro Ogio too.  I have a 1950 that I ride with offroad and it's gone through a ton of at speed to ground/tree/brush contact and is still working great. it's good for weekend trips too

I have a no drag and it's a great day pack nto enough for a full weekend trip unless all you are doing is riding and taking underwear and socks.

I use a Metro if I need to carry my laptop.

Ogio is top notch in stitching as far as I have seen and had experience with, sternum straps on most of their moto/street packs keeps em from moving around.
ejw24

'06 M620 - The Radical Red Racer #2

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2008, 09:53:40 PM »

Don't get a Tumi pack if you want to carry any amount of stuff.  I have one, yes it looks great and dissapears on your back when your on the bike but you can't fit more than a few book/papers in it.  Most of the time I use my old Marmot pack.  I'm thinking of going to a Kriega next as I need a lot of stuff for work. 

That said - the Tumi Ducait pack is great to travel with and you'd be surprized how many people come up to you in airports and ask "do you have a Ducati"....

I'm having a failure to thrive...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: