Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 17, 2024, 02:34:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: lefty loosy, righty tighty?  (Read 5527 times)
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2009, 02:41:40 PM »

Man... I guess I shouldn't have used so much loctite when I put on my filter... eh?   laughingdp

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
8 lives

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2009, 02:49:26 PM »

good point okay then try this, guaranteed to work its recommended for bike filters the harder you turn the more it bites into the filter. You can get one at possibly NAPA or harbor frieght or Huh?

http://www.mactools.com/Product/tabid/120/productid/319637/variantid/310396/Default.aspx

That looks like a handy little tool however i don't think that would work because i have low mount pipes and the exhaust would be in the way of getting it around the filter.  I do appreciate the multiple ideas.  I believe i have found someone from another motorcycle forum that will be able to help me load the bike.  Brad at MC says they have a tool they fit around the filter and use a breaker bar to get the filters off. 

I like my bikes like i like my women, naked!!!
8 lives

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2009, 02:53:11 PM »

Man... I guess I shouldn't have used so much loctite when I put on my filter... eh?   laughingdp

Must of got the loctite confused with my can of easy off. 

8 lives

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 02:55:55 PM »

Where do you live?  I have a couple filter removal tools and a big ass pair of channel locks.  If they cant get it off, it aint commin off.

I live in the gateway/mall 205 area.  I posted my number in this thread.  I don't have a pair of channel locks and i am running out of time to get my bike into MC.

SaltLick
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 03:06:25 PM »

I live in the gateway/mall 205 area.  I posted my number in this thread.  I don't have a pair of channel locks and i am running out of time to get my bike into MC.

sometimes its best just to give up and take er in.  You will probably spend as much on the right tool as you would to have motorcorsa take the filter off. Not to mention hrs of frustration.
toolfan

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2009, 03:10:45 PM »

I've never had any luck with jabbing a screwdriver through it.  Horrible idea.

Better is to use the screwdriver like a chisel on the corner of it, and just tap tap tap it.
If the body is make the beast with two backserfied, you can use the screwdriver like a chisle up on the base of it.

I don't think you can access the seal without completely destroying the cannister on a duc motor. 

Strap type oil filter wrenches are the best bet though - and may still work for you.
SaltLick
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2009, 03:28:18 PM »

dude did you ever get the filter off?
8 lives

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2009, 04:34:44 PM »

negative.  I ended trucking it in and having it done there.  I am a little annoyed i didn't do it myself but what is done is done. 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: