Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 27, 2024, 08:53:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official NW RIDES Thread.  (Read 114683 times)
krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2009, 09:47:57 AM »

uh... now you ride a bubble?   Grin
laughingdp applause bow down

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2009, 01:23:26 PM »

I rode Marmot and Ten Eyck as well today, along with some other roads northeast of PDX.

Our group passed a large group of porsches, maybe twenty.

The roads were pretty clean though there were a couple of areas with gravel and road debris.

Oh cool... were you out in the morning?  I didn't see any fellow Ducatisti on Saturday, which kinda surprised me considering the perfect weather and distance traveled.

Ditto your experience on the roads... most were fine, but there were a couple hair-raising corners with gravel in the middle of the lane.

I was also having a minor issue with the bike missing downshifts... I was finding false neutrals when downshifting between 4th and 3rd, and sometimes between 3rd and 2nd.  Makes for interesting cornering when ya downshift, let out the clutch, and realise a half-second later that you're coasting!  Shocked  Especially goin' into some of those really gnarly downhill 15mph corners on Marmot.  Blech... those aren't fun.

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
jdubbs32584
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2009, 01:49:50 PM »

Oh cool... were you out in the morning?  I didn't see any fellow Ducatisti on Saturday, which kinda surprised me considering the perfect weather and distance traveled.

Ditto your experience on the roads... most were fine, but there were a couple hair-raising corners with gravel in the middle of the lane.

I was also having a minor issue with the bike missing downshifts... I was finding false neutrals when downshifting between 4th and 3rd, and sometimes between 3rd and 2nd.  Makes for interesting cornering when ya downshift, let out the clutch, and realise a half-second later that you're coasting!  Shocked  Especially goin' into some of those really gnarly downhill 15mph corners on Marmot.  Blech... those aren't fun.

Yes, we were there in the morning. The group I ran with left from the airport around 10 and was eating lunch in Welches around noon. I didn't feel like going all the way back into town, then heading back home to Welches so I just went home. The rest of them took the same Marmot-Ten Eyck route back into Portland.
NEIKOS
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2009, 02:08:39 PM »

. . .  Makes for interesting cornering when ya downshift, let out the clutch, and realise a half-second later that you're coasting!  Shocked  Especially goin' into some of those really gnarly downhill 15mph corners on Marmot.  Blech... those aren't fun.

Try that kinda corner stalled . . .  Shocked
NEIKOS
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2009, 06:04:59 PM »

OK.  Basic details:

Sunday the 17th: tigard to Sisters/Gracie, Zach, & Marv
Departing: ?
Route:

99W
20/Santiam HWY

Arrive Lunchish.
Meet Marv, et al ~2PM.
Hang for a bit.
Come back - fastest route vs. reverse route?
NEIKOS
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2009, 09:47:39 AM »

After mapping this out . . . no offense G and M . . . that's 6 hours to Bend!

So:

Meet at Starbucks on the corner of Durham and 99W 8AM - Departure time 9AM.

99W
Bend - Lunch/M&G&Z etc.
PDX - 6ish.

Anyone, anyone?
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2009, 10:14:50 AM »

Chuck - I am trying to work on making this one happen. May need to rearrange a few things.... I got a tail light you may need.

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
NEIKOS
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2009, 10:56:05 AM »

Answer my email about Thursday already!  Wink
SaltLick
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2009, 11:22:26 AM »

I think he sold it on ebay already.....
NEIKOS
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2009, 11:41:08 AM »

That's the best fircking avatar Salty!  laughingdp
ryandalling

« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2009, 02:46:08 PM »

There was an email about Thursday?

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
NEIKOS
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2009, 03:37:21 PM »

Yah, I sent it via Face Book . . .

Yesterday . . .
ryandalling

« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2009, 04:14:03 PM »

Yah, I sent it via Face Book . . .

Yesterday . . .

I dont think I got that one.

JohnnyDucati

« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2009, 07:54:24 PM »

Road Trip 101

It is a long damn way from Portland to John Day (especially on a monster).

250 miles yesterday.

280 miles today.

Some lessons learned:

1.  Cow poop is slippery.
2.  Gravel is slippery.
3.  At a certain velocity, aerodynamic pressure will overwhelm the spring-loaded detents on the CRG Lane Splitter mirrors and cause them to fold back.  (ahem - no actual numbers will be posted here on the Interwebz).  Grin
4.  At or very near the same velocity mentioned above, the rain-shield cover of a Coretech tail bag will also detach and blow away, but may retrieved by your buddy riding behind you in the slower non-Ducati bike and returned at the next stop, for which one is ever grateful.

That is all.

JohnnyD

jdubbs32584
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2009, 07:59:22 PM »

Road Trip 101

It is a long damn way from Portland to John Day (especially on a monster).

250 miles yesterday.

280 miles today.

Some lessons learned:

1.  Cow poop is slippery.
2.  Gravel is slippery.
3.  At a certain velocity, aerodynamic pressure will overwhelm the spring-loaded detents on the CRG Lane Splitter mirrors and cause them to fold back.  (ahem - no actual numbers will be posted here on the Interwebz).  Grin
4.  At or very near the same velocity mentioned above, the rain-shield cover of a Coretech tail bag will also detach and blow away, but may retrieved by your buddy riding behind you in the slower non-Ducati bike and returned at the next stop, for which one is ever grateful.

That is all.

JohnnyD

laughingdp

Sounds like a good time. Isn't gravel evil?!?!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: