Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 08, 2024, 03:38:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home made 696 tail chop  (Read 3302 times)
DucatiSTi

« on: March 14, 2009, 03:25:42 PM »

Here is a mock up of my home made tail chop  Smiley

I have to TIG the indicators on, powdercoat and wire up all the lights

Thought I would give everyone a first hand look-wanted to see what everyone thinks

BucciMonster

IMG]http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff68/007wabbit/DSC01921.jpg[/IMG]

2009 696 Monster - Arrow Carbon slip-ons, Bitubo steering damper, DP oil cooler, DP Touring Seat, Rizoma tail chop, Rizoma Zero 11's, Stebel Nautilus horn, Ducati Euro shroud, Speedymoto sliders (axles and frame)
woppini
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 03:32:47 PM »

Looks good!!! if your going to spot tig while the plate is installed, dont forget to disconnect the battery.
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 03:36:51 PM »

waytogo

While you're welding - weld on a helmet lock? Wouldn't that be a handy place to have one?

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
OT_Ducati

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 05:07:26 PM »

looks good
 just make sure the tire does't hit the plate
when suspension is fully compressed

99 M750, 94 900sscr, 75 xs650 street tracker
Raux
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 05:14:09 PM »

looks good
 just make sure the tire does't hit the plate
when suspension is fully compressed

full compression is something like 4.8 or 5.8 inches. go to ducati.com and check the specs.
needtorque

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 05:18:19 PM »

If you put another 30 degrees outward swing to that plate bracket not only will the plate have enough clearance and still be legible but it will also look a little better.  (aesthetics are important  Grin )

Who insures the FDIC?
DucatiSTi

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 05:01:40 AM »

If you put another 30 degrees outward swing to that plate bracket not only will the plate have enough clearance and still be legible but it will also look a little better.  (aesthetics are important  Grin )

Thanks for all the input

I think I will bend the plate outwards-the rear tire clearance is at about 3.5" (specs say 5.8")

Thanks for the welding tip-I will remove the whole assembly for welding

BucciMonster

2009 696 Monster - Arrow Carbon slip-ons, Bitubo steering damper, DP oil cooler, DP Touring Seat, Rizoma tail chop, Rizoma Zero 11's, Stebel Nautilus horn, Ducati Euro shroud, Speedymoto sliders (axles and frame)
Big Troubled Bear
The wrong side of normal

98 m900 sold, Red 696

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 05:42:41 AM »

Looks good, how about letting me have the templates so I can bend my own waytogo

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
DucatiSTi

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 04:55:06 PM »

Looks good, how about letting me have the templates so I can bend my own waytogo

I'll post pics and give dimensions after I'm done

BucciMonster

Big Troubled Bear
The wrong side of normal

98 m900 sold, Red 696

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 03:40:34 AM »

I'll post pics and give dimensions after I'm done

BucciMonster

Thanx a lot my friend waytogo

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
DucatiSTi

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2009, 09:13:38 AM »

Here are a couple of pics after welding and bending the plate up

Still have to powdercoat

Thanks for all the input

BucciMonster

sfarchie

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2009, 09:19:11 AM »

Nice job! Do you live in Canada (I think I saw a Canadian flag). Do you have reflector issues where you live? In CA, seems like a lot of riders are getting fix it tickets if they don't have reflectors around their plate.

Ray
SFaRChie
'10 Streetfighter, '01 KTM Duke II, '09 M1100S (RIP), '08 Vespa GTS 250,'58 Vespa Allstate (RIP), M696 (sold)
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2009, 09:22:00 AM »

that looks great and the final angle of the plate looks very good for the bike. 

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
DucatiSTi

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2009, 10:48:35 AM »

Nice job! Do you live in Canada (I think I saw a Canadian flag). Do you have reflector issues where you live? In CA, seems like a lot of riders are getting fix it tickets if they don't have reflectors around their plate.

Yes, I'm in Toronto, Canada (we are just getting some warmer weather)

I haven't heard anything about reflector issues but I plan to install reflective rim tape in the very near future

BucciMonster

Holden
Sausage Creature

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2009, 12:58:05 PM »

If reflectors turn out to be an issue, the vertical space above the license plate and between the turn signals looks like the perfect place to stick a long rectangular one.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: