Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 12:18:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gonna Be in the area...  (Read 11522 times)
hypurone
Something Wicked This Way Comes!

Life is not AROUND the corner, Life IS the corner!

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2008, 01:59:50 PM »

Huh?

If you're staying in the Canyon Lake area....
why not head South on the 15 and experience the
Mt. Palomar, Lake Henshaw, Mesa Grande, Julian area ?
Best roads down there
 waytogo
Ortega is one road only and takes you to nowheresville.
 Cool

That is exactly my destination! Just thought I'd start it out on the Ortega. Where exactly do iIcatch this Mesa Grande Road and Mt Palomar? Are they off the 76?

'07 S4RS "Testatretta" (In the FASTER color)
I'm not totally useless, I can be used as a bad example!
Bad Dog

Be Careful out there, Folks !

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2008, 03:29:12 PM »

That is exactly my destination! Just thought I'd start it out on the Ortega. Where exactly do iIcatch this Mesa Grande Road and Mt Palomar? Are they off the 76?

I prefer to take 15 South, exit 79, head East (under freeway) and turn right on Pechanga.......turn another quick right on Rainbow and take that wonderful road to the small town of Pala. 
When you come into Pala (T intersection at the end of Rainbow) turn left, go a few blocks and turn left onto 76.
Take 76 to Mt. Palomar turn-off (S7), on your left.

After you experience the front and back sides of Mt. Palomar, head South to Lake Henshaw...........Mesa Grande is SouthWest of the Lake.  Have fun !

Mapquest 'Pala, CA' and you'll get the area on your monitor.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/Pala+ca/

Wink

« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 03:34:10 PM by Bad Dog » Logged

'01 Monster S4,  '00 996S, '07 1098,  B2's '06 GSXR 1000,  '68 Norton 750 Commando Fastback
red baron

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2008, 03:36:32 PM »

Ramona, Julian, Santa Ysabel all schweet as of yesterday. waytogo

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations... James Madison
aprilmaybe

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2008, 03:53:38 PM »

I'm with you Joe.  Here's the shirt I'm wearing today (seriously).

I want one!

Eastside FTW
darylbowden
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2008, 04:44:27 PM »

Here ya go http://popkiller.us/home/product_info.php?cPath=0_21&products_id=176

Or you can just head over to popKiller in J-Town on 2nd (across from pinkberry) and pick one up in person.  Cool store.
Ivan

Turn 3 at Streets of Willow

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2008, 08:50:36 PM »

To add to what BadDog said... zoom in on the map right at the southern tip of Lake Henshaw.  Zoom some more.  Take one of the Loop Roads south from 76, and that will take you to Mesa Grande Rd.  Its a nice way to get to Julian from Palomar.   Be careful on Palomar. 

Sold: 2007 S2R1000 for canyon carving and commuting - DP ECU, PCIII, BMC air filter with open box, Zard full exhaust, Race-tech fork internals, Ohlins steering damper, and a Penske 8987 triple clicker

2000 996XU (extra ugly) for track days - BST carbon wheels, Ohlins shock, reworked fork, FBF exhaust, and a bunch of megacycle rocker arms. The rest of it is junk - Hey, I'm just happy that it runs...

Sold: 2002 Aprilia RST1000 for touring - De-restricted airbox, Taylormade Racing exhaust
hypurone

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2008, 07:34:53 AM »

Thanks all! It was a great ride yesterday! I had a blast on Ortega, 5 was boring but good views, first part of 76 was bleh. Though I had a lot of good stoplight drag races.  Evil I loved Palomar and the road over to Lake Henshaw! Mesa Grande was an absolute hoot and the run out to and through Julian. I blasted back up thru Warner Springs (silly fast) and caught a road that a local in Julian suggested called Sage Road. OMG, middle of nowhere and this road is in better shape that the most of the roads back home! I hope my run up to Big Bear/Lake Arrowhead on Thurs is as good. WOO HOO!  [moto]

Bad Dog

Be Careful out there, Folks !

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2008, 08:06:51 AM »

I was going to mention Sage Rd.
I love that road....
Just did not want to overload your ride out there, but I see you managed well.
Great !
 waytogo

'01 Monster S4,  '00 996S, '07 1098,  B2's '06 GSXR 1000,  '68 Norton 750 Commando Fastback
panman

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2008, 05:50:58 PM »

what route are you taking up to big bear? 38 through redlands is the best for me. it's a little longer than the frontside but more funn. a thursday won't be too trafficky.
you can get clicking right along past redlands till you get to forest falls.
watch that hairpin turn at forest falls. the downcoming traffic can often drift.
then it's pretty nice twisties, only a few dirty spots and an occasional large rock.
once you get past the north fork campground and start to climb, it's all 80+ sweepers steady on until onyx summit.
the downgrade after onyx summit is fun too, but remember leo likes to hang out at one or more of the turnouts to get momentum riders. especially 7 miles past the summit just past the first neighborhood you see on the left. so i'd advise a more casual decline.
oh yea, there seems to be a little more of a push for leo to lean on motorcycle 'safety'
i just spoke to my wife who drove down here today and she says the road is clean.
have a funnn ride  chug

It is un-natural for man to be in a cage
hypurone

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2008, 11:48:02 AM »

Well today was a bust with the wacked-out weather!  Angry WTF!! Geez I feel like I'm back home. Totally bummed. It was snowing in Big Bear and rain everywhere else! Man what a drag....

panman

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2008, 06:15:59 PM »

Sorry about the weather. Maybe God was telling you sumpin.
Come on back any time.
Maybe next time, I won't be working 7-12's of the darkshift and several of us can do a weekend at BB. Our house is 3 bdrm (one is large) 2 bath, garage, etc.
Ride, eat, ride, eat/drink/sleep, ride, eat, ride.

It is un-natural for man to be in a cage
hypurone

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2008, 07:49:07 AM »

Sorry about the weather. Maybe God was telling you sumpin.
Come on back any time.
Maybe next time, I won't be working 7-12's of the darkshift and several of us can do a weekend at BB. Our house is 3 bdrm (one is large) 2 bath, garage, etc.
Ride, eat, ride, eat/drink/sleep, ride, eat, ride.

Man, that would be awesome! Is the ACH worth the trip?

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: