Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 06:05:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amsoil Question  (Read 2711 times)
uclabiker06

"The time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted"

« on: May 15, 2008, 03:48:58 PM »

Does anyone know if Amsoil ever started making black oil filters?  I know they make them in chrome but I wanted black for my S2R.   I hear that Amsoil's filter are much better than anything else on the market. 

Life is never ours to keep, we borrow it and then we have to give it back.
2006 S2R
2009 Smart
Hollywood
said "Where'd who go!"

I miss my Italian mistress.

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 11:29:47 AM »

Yes, they did. If I remember correctly the Amsoil sponsor from TOB said they were doing them in small batches. These of course get sold out quick and we have to wait for them to make more.

I have seen the chrome filter on an S4R. I have to say I liked the way it looked. It blends in better with the gray/silver color of the engine. Also, it does not stick out very far. you only see about 1/2 an inch of chrome. Unless you have your engine painted black, I would just get the chome one.

Amsoils Ea oil filters are supposed to be better. The following is from their web site. http://www.amsoil.com/
"Absolute Efficiency
AMSOIL Ea Oil Filters have the best efficiency rating in the industry. EaO Filters provide a filtering efficiency in accordance with industry standard ISO 4548-12 of 98.7 percent at 15 microns, while competitive filters containing conventional cellulose medias range from 40 to 80 percent efficiency."

I read somewhere, (I think on the oil thread of TOB) that someone did an oil analisys after using the filter and the oil was cleaner than when it went into the engine!  Shocked  If this is true, then it is better than any other filter on the market.

R.I.P. Black 07 S2R 800 w/ Speedy Moto frame sliders, CF hugger, Nichols Oil Breather and Arc Fabrication unbaffled slip-ons.

CA Army National Guard, Operation Iraqi Freedom, 2003-2004.
uclabiker06

"The time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted"

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 02:08:24 PM »

I read somewhere, (I think on the oil thread of TOB) that someone did an oil analisys after using the filter and the oil was cleaner than when it went into the engine!  Shocked  If this is true, then it is better than any other filter on the market.

Thanks and I don't know about that last part...kinda hard to believe.

Life is never ours to keep, we borrow it and then we have to give it back.
2006 S2R
2009 Smart
Hollywood
said "Where'd who go!"

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 03:27:10 PM »

Yeah, I know.

Would be cool if it is true.

Glad I could help.

Amsoil also makes Ea air filters, for motorcycles. Unfortunately none for Ducatis.  More efficient than a paper filter. Better filtration than a wet guaze filter. They are reusable too. Just lightly vacuum the dirty side or low-pressure (15 to 20 psi) shop air on the clean side of the filter. No waiting over night for the filter to dry so you can reoil it. Amsoil does recommend they be change every 4 years. Although, it does not say that for ther car Ea air filters.

I did write to the Amsoil sponsor group from TOB. I asked if there were any plans to manufacture an Ea air filter for Monsters.
The response was "I would't expect that to happen any time soon as Amsoil has their attention turned towards the introduction of their new intake systems for diesel trucks at present.  I will check with our filter manager to see what motorcycle air filters are on the drawing baord next."

For any one who is interested. Here is a list of all the products they make for motorcycles.  http://www.amsoil.com/powersports/index.aspx

R.I.P. Black 07 S2R 800 w/ Speedy Moto frame sliders, CF hugger, Nichols Oil Breather and Arc Fabrication unbaffled slip-ons.

Ddan
Some of my best friends are whores

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 03:28:26 PM »

Georgecls from TOB is the oil guru.  He tested the Amsoil filter to see if it was hype or not and came back to us with that result, the used oil was cleaner than what poured out of the bottle.

2000 Monster 900Sie, a few changes
1992 900 SS, currently a pile of parts.  Now running
                    flogged successfully  NHMS  12 customized.  Twice.   T3 too. 
Ducati Monster Forum at
www.ducatimonsterforum.org
Hollywood
said "Where'd who go!"

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 03:31:39 PM »

I knew I read it from a reliable source!  waytogo

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: