Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 02:42:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Job hunting...  (Read 4494 times)
NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009, 10:37:50 AM »

I need to hire a permanent full time Certified Hyperbaric Technologist to work in East LA.  Let me know.

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

fastwin
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 11:02:22 AM »

Huh? laughingdp

Good luck Joseph with the search. It is tough out there. Like I need to say that. bang head Heard a lot of soulful stories today waiting in line. Lots of people talking, just wanting to tell their story to someone else in line who would listen. Lots of long faces.
dallas2r

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 12:45:43 PM »

Went to my first job fair today. Tongue Time would have been better spent having a pint at the Dubliner. Wait a minute... other than riding a bike spending time at the Dub is always better than most anything. laughingdp drink

I'm not trying to get rid of you, but have you thought of living abroad?  Wink
http://www.guzzitalia.com/en/Announcements/News-flash/Position-Vacant.html

2007 Monster S2R1000
2016 Multistrada 1200S Touring/Urban

A motorcycle will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no motorcycle. -Unknown
fastwin
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009, 02:18:03 PM »

I'm packed and ready to go.  Vino! [moto] waytogo
GeorgeInDallas

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2009, 05:04:04 PM »

I need to hire a permanent full time Certified Hyperbaric Technologist to work in East LA.  Let me know.

DOOOOD!  Wyncha say so sooner???

laughingdp

G.

"It's about the ride.", Peter Fonda in Wild Hogs.
WonderBoy

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 06:38:30 PM »

Good luck Joseph with the search. It is tough out there.

Thanks, Brian.  Boy, I'm pickin a great time to graduate college, huh?  Tongue Cool

Yeah, I've been checking everything I can....classifieds in the Morning News and Star Telegram via the web, monster.com and careerbuilder.com, calling everyone I ever knew growing up pretty much...gah!  Here's hopin, for you and me both.

chug drink

High above the muckey muck...
fastwin
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2009, 07:46:04 PM »

You and me both bro'. Just try being a mid 50's white guy, who doesn't speak Spanish and is not high tech or have an IT degree. Better get my shovel ready... I see a ditch digging carrer in my future. laughingdp bang head It's gonna be hell on my back! Grin
hiero

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2009, 03:49:58 AM »

y'all could always move to Houston   Grin

2000 Monster 750
1999 748
YELLOW!!
♣ McKraut ♣

touched by his noodly appendage

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2009, 04:42:14 AM »

y'all could always move to Houston   Grin

is that place still part of texas??

2001 M600 Dark  2005 S2R Dark  2001 M750  1996 900 SS/SP  2005 S4R
-  Dallas, TX
hiero

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2009, 04:53:03 AM »

is that place still part of texas??

wait, there's other place in texas?  Grin

in other news, as far as I know, the economy has definitely hit houston, but it hasn't been too bad and I know there are still companies out here that area hiring.  I know for certain that almost every one of the NASA companies out here are still hiring, although more in the engineering type fields, i wouldn't completely discount other disciplines

2000 Monster 750
1999 748
YELLOW!!
Mammalian04

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2009, 09:06:17 PM »

If anyone knows a lead on a decent job anywhere abouts your area (or your company!), can you shoot me a heads up??  My ship date for OCS is a little far off for me to feel comfortable being unemployed, and so I've been job hunting lately.

Thanks guys!  waytogo [moto]

Have fun out there in the Quigley!   vomit   Wink
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2009, 07:21:50 AM »

Yeah, I've been checking everything I can....classifieds in the Morning News and Star Telegram via the web, monster.com and careerbuilder.com, calling everyone I ever knew growing up pretty much...gah!

Good man- nose to the grindstone. You might be better off getting something close to home. Gas money & wear/tear on your car can quickly erase any income...
Where are you living exactly?
If I hear of anything I'll let you know waytogo

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
WonderBoy

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2009, 02:04:50 PM »

As of right now, I'm in Stephenville.  Looks like I'll be moving back home to Waco where job market = 0.  Not even McD's is hiring.  I went home last weekend and looked.  Roll Eyes  Blast this economical downturn.

Is there any job market out there for a professional bike rider that ISN'T a racer or a magazine artice writer?  Tongue

NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2009, 03:39:11 PM »

Is there any job market out there for a professional bike rider that ISN'T a racer or a magazine artice writer?  Tongue

If you can hold your breath and not fart you can bill yourself as a "Zero Emissions Tire Warmer" and get some track time to boot!   [moto]

Dude, trust me when I say I know that it sucks to be broke and out of work.  Been there too many times to count.  But I've also learned that sometimes it's not as bad as chasing the bucks and finding yourself trapped in a job from hell.

Remember that the things that really matter are family and friends.  I would rather be broke and in debt with those, than rolling in bucks and all alone and miserable.  I've done both.

The trick is getting a good job with $$$ while keeping family and friends first and foremost.  And it's a big trick too.  Still working on it.

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

WonderBoy

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2009, 05:49:28 PM »

Word, that's some sound advice there.

I'll have to give that zero emissions tire warmer thing a try...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: