Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 04:05:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zymol Leather Conditioner and new track suit  (Read 2737 times)
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« on: March 30, 2009, 09:23:29 AM »

I bought a two piece Dainese track day suit at the end of last year (half off from Ducati Salt Lake City).  I wore it to two track days.  The suit is thick and well made (as you'd expect  laughingdp ), but I never even got it to crease in the knees or elbows  Shocked

Has anyone used Zymol leather conditioner to soften their track day leathers?  It's a good product (I've used it on my cars for years) but I'm not sure if it will do what I need it to do on the Dainese.

Any first hand experience wold be much appreciated  Grin  Grin
hiero

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 09:50:20 AM »

sorry, no first hand, but I doubt it would soften to the degree you're hoping for...   I'm thinking maybe you could try some glove oil for baseball gloves??

2000 Monster 750
1999 748
YELLOW!!
muskrat

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 10:08:24 AM »

try Buffalo butter from www.chilhowee.net
it's worked on my boots and chaps.  if it's still too stiff sell it to Ms E.  waytogo

my God, this post sounds completely wrong....waiting for the smartass group now.

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 10:19:01 AM »

try Buffalo butter from www.chilhowee.net
it's worked on my boots and chaps.  if it's still too stiff sell it to Ms E.  waytogo

my God, this post sounds completely wrong....waiting for the smartass group now.

Ha!  You wouldn't believe how many times I had to write that original post; trying not too make it too easy  laughingdp bang head  Evil  Thanks for the info on the Buffalo Butter... (cringe!)  I think that's the kind of stuff that's most likely going to work though.

And it never would have occured to me to use glove oil, Hiero.  Thanks - that just my work also!  waytogo 

[moto]
muskrat

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 10:20:33 AM »

I always leave it open-ended.  Evil  this will certainly elicit responses  Shocked

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Ronr

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 03:57:51 PM »

The glove oil sounds like a good idea, and maybe try to break it in like a glove.  Crease it where you want it creased, and put some weight or straps on it, and try to put something in there that would simulate a leg joint like a pork shank or some sand bags.  Let it sit and recrease it every few days.  Definitely slather it up and go on some rides in the heat, that would be the best way to do it!
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 05:11:45 PM »

Very cool.  Thanks y'all  waytogo
GeorgeInDallas

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 07:09:29 PM »

I'm going to skip right over Lisa's half off leather track suit - I think the "glove oil" you're looking for is called "Neetsfoot Oil" or "Neatsfoot Oil".

Neetsfoot oil never did much for my baseball career, much as your new helmet hasn't improved your lap times, but it was either that or chew...and I was only 11.  I was never sure exactly what it was supposed to do, but I WAS sure that it was a required baseball ritual.  I never miss a good ritual.  Unless goats are involved.

OK, back to Lake Woebegon.

George

"It's about the ride.", Peter Fonda in Wild Hogs.
Samsonite

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 07:16:22 PM »

are you drinking what Dan is drinking?

Suzuki DS 80   Suzuki SP 125   Suzuki GSXR 1000   Ducati M600   Ducati SC 1000   Ducati S4R 1000   Ducati PS1000LE   Ducati 1098S   Yamaha YZFR 1000   Yamaha YZFR 600   Ducati Sport 900   Yamaha YSR 50   Triumph Daytona 600   2006 Suzuki GSX-R 600
fastwin
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 06:09:54 AM »

I'm going to skip right over Lisa's half off leather track suit - I think the "glove oil" you're looking for is called "Neetsfoot Oil" or "Neatsfoot Oil".

Neetsfoot oil never did much for my baseball career, much as your new helmet hasn't improved your lap times, but it was either that or chew...and I was only 11.  I was never sure exactly what it was supposed to do, but I WAS sure that it was a required baseball ritual.  I never miss a good ritual.  Unless goats are involved.

George

Nice Garrison Keillor reference. applause
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 07:29:14 AM »

George

Ha!  But what did it do for your feet?

Evil
Red5

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 09:41:05 AM »

I've heard from a couple of riders who swear by this stuff for their new track leathers:
http://www.hitrunscore.com/a6740-wilson-glove-conditioner.html
Wilson Pro Stock Glove Conditioner.  Can be found at Academy or any other sporting goods store.

Personally, I've used Lexol leather conditioner.  Zymol seem to cost a lot more for about the equal amount, and haven't seen of being used on anything other than leathing seating.

'02 Monster 750 Dark
'03 CBR954RR
'03 CBR600RR (track bike)
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 01:09:23 PM »

I've heard from a couple of riders who swear by this stuff for their new track leathers:
http://www.hitrunscore.com/a6740-wilson-glove-conditioner.html
Wilson Pro Stock Glove Conditioner.  Can be found at Academy or any other sporting goods store.

Personally, I've used Lexol leather conditioner.  Zymol seem to cost a lot more for about the equal amount, and haven't seen of being used on anything other than leathing seating.

Very cool - thanks for the tip!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: