Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 03, 2024, 06:20:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2006 S2R- I don't like the exhaust!!  (Read 39868 times)
bmonty72

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2009, 07:05:49 AM »

I did my exhaust in steps.  I first got a Quat-D mid-pipe from Monster Parts (last one he had, but he carries a brand called Sparks now) That was about $400.  Then I scoured the classifieds here and Ebay and craigslist until I came across a Leo Vince Slip On muffler at the right Price.  I spent under $800 and am happy with the looks, I really LOVE the looks of that ZARD set-up with one pipe on either side, but I can not justify spending $1500 on an exhaust for my bike.  I recently dropped my bike onthe highway and my insurance man helped me with some more recent mods....here is what she looks like now....

MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2009, 07:42:27 AM »

I like those colors!!! ^^

"Do something each day that scares you..."
bmonty72

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2009, 10:10:04 AM »

I like those colors!!! ^^

You's would look just like that except completely opposite!!! waytogo
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2009, 12:59:32 PM »

Thank god I don't have a wife!!    Wink

jdubbs32584
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2009, 07:15:20 PM »

S2R 800 with carbon fiber termi slipons:

CraigD426

If you can't be good, be good at it.

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2009, 07:49:57 PM »

Thank god I don't have a wife!!    Wink

I would be impressed if you did, seriously though, spray paint is the cheapest way to go till you get the cash for what you want. Don't you have any guy friends you can con into helping you out?

2003 M1000Sie, Carbon fiber Akrapovic high mount full system exhaust, Speedymoto frame sliders, Power Commander, open airbox, Dyno'd and runs like a bat outta hell!

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z55/craigd426/
Duck-EZ

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2009, 07:56:26 PM »

I remember when my 800 looked like that (except for the reversed colors).  Prepare your wife and your wallet, cause this stuff gets addictive!
Good luck with the new bike.
Grin Ahem  ya meant "Welcome to the disease" Grin

2006 Black N Tangy S2RS
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2009, 04:41:32 AM »

I would be impressed if you did, seriously though, spray paint is the cheapest way to go till you get the cash for what you want. Don't you have any guy friends you can con into helping you out?

Oh lord... don't open THAT can of worms.   bang head

Nope, I do everything myself!   Grin

corey
Is that a throttle tube in your pocket? Or just your

'06 Tang/Black S2R800

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2009, 05:18:59 AM »

just pull those cans and "S" pipes off.
run the open udder, it will sound great, and look much better. not to mention it will sound awesome.
it would look something like this, only you wouldnt have the long, straight tips on the udder:

and, trust me when i say, that color is going to grow on you Wink
i didn't like it at first when i got mine, but it defiinitely stands out against other monsters. it's not common by any means.

When all the land lays in ruin... And burnination has forsaken the countryside... Only one guy will remain... My money's on...
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2009, 07:06:55 AM »

So two questions-

Does no one use the kick stand? 

And... does no one have passengers?  wouldn't putting that exhaust to the side like that possibly case you (or a passenger) to get burned?

I got a bad exhaust pipe burn on my first bike and never forgot it! lol!

DucHead

No garage queens

« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2009, 07:19:11 AM »

So two questions-

And... does no one have passengers?  wouldn't putting that exhaust to the side like that possibly case you (or a passenger) to get burned?

There are those who routinely take passengers on the Monster.  Personally, I think its an awful bike for two-up, unless the passenger is in the 100 lb. range.

The few times I did take passengers, there were no problems with burning parts on the shotgun exhaust.

BTW, I have an Ex-Box now, but I'm eying the Boomtubes.

Oh, and I only use the kickstand away from home.  The rear-stands make pre-ride checks and maintenance much easier.  I also use these:

You can ride the bike onto the stand and the wheel chock pivots forward and securely holds the bike. 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 07:28:55 AM by pompetta » Logged

'05 S4R (>47k mi); '04 Bandit 1200 (>92k mi; sold); '02 Bandit 1200 (>11k mi); '97 Bandit 1200 (2k mi); '13 FJR1300 (1k mi); IBA #28454 "45"
FastAndLight

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2009, 02:16:53 PM »

I don't mind the aluminum look, what I mind is having that beautiful open rear wheel and single swing-arm covered with so much exhaust crap.  I also don't like the fact that I can talk over the sound of the exhaust.

I'm going to go all the way, with the Zard carbon fiber full system.  For giggles I'm going to open up the airbox too. 

For mirrors I went with the CRG lane-splitter bar end mirrors.  They look simply awesome and are SO much better than the stock ones.

Good luck, enjoy the bike.
ICON
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2009, 02:26:41 PM »

Here's my S4RS but, I just took off my cans on my S2R1000 and it sounds sweet.  waytogo Go for it!!!

CraigD426

If you can't be good, be good at it.

« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2009, 02:36:11 PM »

Oh lord... don't open THAT can of worms.   bang head

Nope, I do everything myself!   Grin

Hey that was too good to pass up. That's cool that you like to turn a wrench. You could just buy the covers in carbon, but that's way expensive. Some of the first mods I did was to paint the covers, but you did mention the "hoodies", take off the fork reflectors (they just pop off), and replace the mirrors with some bar end CRG's, shouldn't be more than $200...something to consider.

2003 M1000Sie, Carbon fiber Akrapovic high mount full system exhaust, Speedymoto frame sliders, Power Commander, open airbox, Dyno'd and runs like a bat outta hell!

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z55/craigd426/
jdubbs32584
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2009, 02:37:57 PM »

So two questions-

I was the passenger for a year and had no problems. Its not like being the passenger on a goldwing but I did many 5 hour days on the back before getting my own bike.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: