Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 03, 2024, 04:20:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2006 S2R- I don't like the exhaust!!  (Read 39836 times)
DrDesmo

« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2009, 06:13:01 AM »

Okay... Arrows vs. the Termis?

I think I am going to blow some money next month and just get the exhaust taken care of.

Arrows

Adam

'95 916
'12 800XC
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2009, 06:39:18 AM »

Arrows

Adam

Why?

"Do something each day that scares you..."
DrDesmo

« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2009, 06:43:41 AM »

Why?

Fit and finish, sound.

Adam

'95 916
'12 800XC
fromario

« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2009, 06:56:47 AM »

Fit and finish, sound.

Adam

I have the termis on my S2R1000 and i agree with adam... except for the sound 

oh thats right i said it
psycledelic

« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2009, 07:20:47 AM »

I think I am going to blow some money next month and just get the exhaust taken care of.

I like the Termignoni's myself.  More so for the routing of the midpipe.  It runs down the right side of the bike as opposed to dropping down straight under it.  I think it gives a cleaner look. 
I think that Termi's win in the sound department. 
Arrow's in price.
Fit and finish - I have no issues with my Termi's.  But from what everyone else says, the Arrows are probably better overall. 

06 S2R800 - the wife                         Dolph
04 999s - the mistress
psycledelic

« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2009, 07:30:54 AM »

Psycledelic,  Is your headlight fairing the "Carbon Flyscreen Fairing" from MonsterParts.com?  I did notice your Monster Parts sticker on the airbox.   Which bellypan fairing did you get?

Sorry Trav, been out of the loop for a while.  The headlight fairing and the belly pan came from Monsterparts.com
the bellypan might look a little different because I had to cut the hell out of it to clear the exhaust pipe. 

Oh, and apologies to MsTek for not noticing that you were not a MrTek. 

06 S2R800 - the wife                         Dolph
04 999s - the mistress
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2009, 07:33:47 AM »

Thanks.

And no worries.  I act like a dude so its easy to be confused.

DrDesmo

« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2009, 07:35:40 AM »

I have the termis on my S2R1000 and i agree with adam... except for the sound 

oh thats right i said it

What was that?

I'm sorry I couldn't hear you over the sound of my Arrows.  Was that an SV650 behind me???  Grin  Evil

Adam

'95 916
'12 800XC
DirtDiva
vroommmmm

« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2009, 08:57:58 AM »

U guys are awesome, from this post i found my new exhaust and a link to check out the fender eliminator i have been needing.

Girl, i love the orange on your monster.. here is mine, in case you want to look at it .. i guess i shouldn't hijack this post, but i'm wondering if the motocreations exhaust will look right with my gold wheels.. any thoughts are appreciated as well.

http://picasaweb.google.com/dirtdiva.chicriders/TheDucati?authkey=Gv1sRgCJvU3qW83ZGrbw&feat=directlink

Loving every minute of it!
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2009, 09:32:15 AM »

U guys are awesome, from this post i found my new exhaust and a link to check out the fender eliminator i have been needing.

Girl, i love the orange on your monster.. here is mine, in case you want to look at it .. i guess i shouldn't hijack this post, but i'm wondering if the motocreations exhaust will look right with my gold wheels.. any thoughts are appreciated as well.

http://picasaweb.google.com/dirtdiva.chicriders/TheDucati?authkey=Gv1sRgCJvU3qW83ZGrbw&feat=directlink

She's a sweet bike! =D  And the guys can be helpful on here most the time. Wink

And I didn't like the orange at first but now I am in love with it and can't imagine having a black or red one.

But she is tangerine.  She gets all insulted when I call her "orange".  She says "that's what you called me when you didn't like so much you silly woman!".

So I appease her by calling her, tangerine.

Italian women.. eh?!

Spidey
Crashin' mofo

« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2009, 09:43:59 AM »

Termis sound a better, but that is *completely* subjective.  The Arrows still sound really fookin' good.  You'll be happy with the sound from either. 

I haven't read through this whole thread, but I assume people have told you that you can buy the midpipe to replace the udder separately?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 09:45:30 AM by Spidey » Logged

Occasionally AFM #702  My stuff:  The M1000SS, a mashed r6, Vino 125, the Blonde, some rugrats, yuppie cage, child molester van, bourbon.
corey
Is that a throttle tube in your pocket? Or just your

'06 Tang/Black S2R800

« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2009, 10:08:52 AM »

zards sound best. Grin
check into the zards Smiley they are price, but worth every penny.
if you're patient, you can pick up a used set for cheap.
i got mine for $650 from a member hear.
of course they dont come with instructions, even new... so you gotta be patient and clever with the install.. i had to hacksaw about a 1/4" on my one midpipe joint to get all to fit... worked fine Smiley

When all the land lays in ruin... And burnination has forsaken the countryside... Only one guy will remain... My money's on...
DirtDiva
vroommmmm

« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2009, 10:38:52 AM »

She's a sweet bike! =D  And the guys can be helpful on here most the time. Wink

And I didn't like the orange at first but now I am in love with it and can't imagine having a black or red one.

But she is tangerine.  She gets all insulted when I call her "orange".  She says "that's what you called me when you didn't like so much you silly woman!".

So I appease her by calling her, tangerine.

Italian women.. eh?!

OK, tangerine she is.. And THX.. where do u live? i'd love to have a Tangerine riding side by side some day! very original i must say! and that is what i love about this bike

lol..

i asked a few people about the exhaust .. the straight pipes are not going to be my solution unfortunately... my baby is LOUD enough as she is...
back to the drawing board.. i NEED that ugly bladder off her, looks so bad in pictures...
pre powder coating:

DirtDiva
vroommmmm

« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2009, 10:46:30 AM »

my plans to modify include:

remove bladder
possible new exhaust system or keep the can i have.. but fix the right side boot melting problem
new turn signals on front \ possible flashing headlight
tail chop and rear fender eliminator with modulated blinking brake light and if possible integrated turn signal..
new brake and clutch levers
new rearsets.. much needed to lower and bring forward for my knee problem (not sure that exists)

The mods i have..
after market handlebars
open timing belt
open clutch
powdercoat wheels, rearsets, kickstand

i have the Sargent seat but it's too wide for my taste.. i could totally sell it, just need to take the time and post up.

if i do the tail chop and keep the exhaust, it will look pretty stoopid, since the can extends beyond the bike at that point.
suggestions welcome
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 10:51:32 AM by DirtDiva » Logged

larsson77

« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2009, 11:52:30 AM »

if i do the tail chop and keep the exhaust, it will look pretty stoopid, since the can extends beyond the bike at that point.
suggestions welcome

I had the same problem and shortened the cans with a hacksaw. You have to drill out the rivets remove the inner stuff and cut the cans, pop new rivets in - that´s it. Took about 2 hours.
I will post a pic of the bike later.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: