Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 03, 2024, 04:20:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2006 S2R- I don't like the exhaust!!  (Read 39833 times)
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2009, 01:44:17 PM »

OK, tangerine she is.. And THX.. where do u live? i'd love to have a Tangerine riding side by side some day! very original i must say! and that is what i love about this bike

lol..

i asked a few people about the exhaust .. the straight pipes are not going to be my solution unfortunately... my baby is LOUD enough as she is...
back to the drawing board.. i NEED that ugly bladder off her, looks so bad in pictures...
pre powder coating:

I live in Chicago.

And I guess I will be going with the Arrows.  I want to keep the pipes on one side. =)

"Do something each day that scares you..."
numbskull

'07 S2R1000

« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2009, 03:32:04 PM »

thanks for all the suggestions!

One thing-  I live on a residential street and I don't mind my bike having some boom- it is a motorcycle.  But I do think I need the cans to reduce the noise some because I am surrounded by apartment buildings and houses (I really do live in the city!) so I don't want to disturb TOO much.

You may want to stay away from the Arrows then. The Termignonis are a little quieter. My S2R1000 has the full Termi setup with the ecu and airbox and it roars like a beast.
DucNrun

« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2009, 04:00:06 PM »

Titanium Arrows come with baffles...they should be fine.  However, the carbon fiber Arrows are loud enough to wake the dead! bow down Evil
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2009, 04:06:22 PM »

new rearsets.. much needed to lower and bring forward for my knee problem (not sure that exists)

They do - not true rearsets, but very functional - cheap too. They might even take care of your melting boots issue. Come in different lengths.
http://www.mfw-wolf.de/de/produkte/fussrasten/variogelenke?datei=variorasten_ducati.csv&marke=Ducati
Click just below the picture to see how they work. The one in the animation is the 23mm. The 30mm is the most common. The 50mm is too long for the rider position. I couldn't find them on his website, but Jeff at MonsterParts.com used to sell them AND he knows which parts number to get.

You will have to adjust (lower) the gear- and break levers to a suitable new height. That should be easy enough. Says how in the owners manual.

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
psycledelic

« Reply #94 on: May 12, 2009, 08:09:09 PM »

I live in Chicago.

And I guess I will be going with the Arrows.  I want to keep the pipes on one side. =)

You won't be disappointed with the Arrows.  Something that I am not sure has been mentioned (and I just thought about it).  I read on another post a while back that the arrow cans are shorter then the Termi's.  They will look better then the Termi's do with a chopped tail.  My cans stick out a good couple of inches past my brake light. 

06 S2R800 - the wife                         Dolph
04 999s - the mistress
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2009, 08:57:33 PM »

I decided tonight for sure.  Going with the arrows.

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2009, 09:01:16 PM »

Zard.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Grug

« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2009, 01:39:37 AM »

I decided tonight for sure.  Going with the arrows.

NOOOO!!!!!!!  Cry Boom Tubes! Boom Tubes!! Boom Tubes!!! They look so much better than of the "can" types do on the S2Rs!  Grin
sbrguy

« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2009, 05:00:19 AM »

termi sound way better than arrow does.  arrow may be cheaper but nothing sounds like a termi equipped bike..   the diff i think is that arrow is definitely louder but the termi have a lower exhaust note to them that sounds better.  subtle difference.

if your motto is "loudest is best to hell with how it sounds" then sil pipes or straight pipes are the way to go.. but then you sound way too obnoxious and wonder why they are trying to pass laws to allow nothing but stock pipes on bikes.
♣ McKraut ♣

touched by his noodly appendage

« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2009, 05:42:50 AM »

termi vs. arrow is just a matter of taste.  i personally think the arrow full system i have on my s4r is absolute tites; better than termi full system...but to each their own.  plenty in my group with various exhaust setups have complimented the arrow bikes on their sound.  i don't think you'll be disappointed either way, though...  of course, you'll probably have to address a lean condition on your bike after ditching the stock exhaust....  i'm dealing with that now myself; plenty of popping on deceleration.

2001 M600 Dark  2005 S2R Dark  2001 M750  1996 900 SS/SP  2005 S4R
-  Dallas, TX
DirtDiva
vroommmmm

« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2009, 11:50:33 AM »

They do - not true rearsets, but very functional - cheap too. They might even take care of your melting boots issue. Come in different lengths.
http://www.mfw-wolf.de/de/produkte/fussrasten/variogelenke?datei=variorasten_ducati.csv&marke=Ducati
Click just below the picture to see how they work. The one in the animation is the 23mm. The 30mm is the most common. The 50mm is too long for the rider position. I couldn't find them on his website, but Jeff at MonsterParts.com used to sell them AND he knows which parts number to get.

You will have to adjust (lower) the gear- and break levers to a suitable new height. That should be easy enough. Says how in the owners manual.

Thanks!! i'll have to see if they may work!

Loving every minute of it!
Gus Duc

« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2009, 07:12:34 PM »

One important thing to remeber when choosing an exhaust on an SR bike is the pipe routing on the right side.............. to me the only option are Arrows, Boom Tubes, or Ex box as I actually like to use ALL of my right peg laughingdp
Of the stacked systems, the Arrows by far are much tighter & hug the bike allowing the full use of right peg.  They are also shorter as mentioned & they don't have tips which imho look much better.  I also like the routing of the front cylinder header much better as it goes under the bike very tight & does not block the drain plug & it's all one piece, no springs or clamps to attach or joints to leak.

IMHO the routing of the Termi pipe on the front cylinder looks like a Harley 883 laughingdp  Also, the way the S pipes come up still leave you with boot/ peg issues & the welds on the Arrows are far superior as well as the fit & finish.

As to cost, I don't see how the Arrows are cheaper...... if you compare just the exhaust systems & not the ECU, they are very similar in price & now you have many ECU options & are not stuck buying the whole Termi package which isn't really a package anyway as the ECU supplied is mapped for the half system & not the whole system.  Take a look at the 100DS dyno thread & see how Ivan's bike ran with a full exhaust & the DP ECU.... still very lean.

You can probaly tell I have Arrow's on my bike laughingdp
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 07:15:46 PM by Gus Duc » Logged
SubyBoyRS

« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2009, 08:47:35 PM »

I came across a company called Shark.  They are Italian based and from what I've read very hard to get.  However I've heard sound clips of them on Tuono's and they sound mean, and they look awesome too.  Everyone seems to say their build quality is top notch as well.  Haven't seen them mentioned here tho, anyone ever hear of them or see them on a duc?

Here is the website
http://www.sharkitaly.it/prodotti.htm

Here are a few pics of them on a Tuono

psycledelic

« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2009, 10:54:13 PM »

One important thing to remeber when choosing an exhaust on an SR bike is the pipe routing on the right side.............. to me the only option are Arrows, Boom Tubes, or Ex box as I actually like to use ALL of my right peg laughingdp
Of the stacked systems, the Arrows by far are much tighter & hug the bike allowing the full use of right peg.  They are also shorter as mentioned & they don't have tips which imho look much better.  I also like the routing of the front cylinder header much better as it goes under the bike very tight & does not block the drain plug & it's all one piece, no springs or clamps to attach or joints to leak.

IMHO the routing of the Termi pipe on the front cylinder looks like a Harley 883 laughingdp  Also, the way the S pipes come up still leave you with boot/ peg issues & the welds on the Arrows are far superior as well as the fit & finish.

As to cost, I don't see how the Arrows are cheaper...... if you compare just the exhaust systems & not the ECU, they are very similar in price & now you have many ECU options & are not stuck buying the whole Termi package which isn't really a package anyway as the ECU supplied is mapped for the half system & not the whole system.  Take a look at the 100DS dyno thread & see how Ivan's bike ran with a full exhaust & the DP ECU.... still very lean.

You can probaly tell I have Arrow's on my bike laughingdp

Termignoni does make an exhaust for the S2R800 that runs off of the stock ECU that is a little cheaper.  It's not much of a performance upgrade as it is looks and noise. 

06 S2R800 - the wife                         Dolph
04 999s - the mistress
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2009, 05:16:09 AM »

LoL...

I'll never understand the fascination with noise.  I'm more concerned with looks.  If it purrs, that's fine.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: