Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 27, 2024, 10:34:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to shoe-horn a Stebel Nautilus into M696  (Read 29276 times)
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 09:12:45 PM »

Have you guys had any battery drainage issues related to the stebel? 
Nope.  Unless you're riding around Cairo how often is it drawing any current?

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
696DCRider

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 08:40:05 AM »

Yeah, you're right.  I guess it was just electrical problems with the SV.  It got to a point where when I hit the horn, my headlight and dash dim.  I suppose I won't have those kind of issues with this bike though unless I wire it improperly.
DesmoReynoso
09 Monster 696

Paint your reality....... Technicolor....

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 10:54:29 PM »

Have you guys had any battery drainage issues related to the stebel?  When I had it on my SV, I think it caused the battery to drain faster.  I had other electrical issues too though.  BTW, I don't use a battery tender currently.  I keep the bike in a parking garage, and I don't have access to a plug.  I'm sure keeping it on a tender would keep it charged even if it did drain it, but since ducati had to make it so damn difficult to access it, I'm not going to bother. 

That was one of the first things I checked and it does draw a big chunk current, but I havent had any problems with it drainning my battery to the point where I cant start the bike up or have the headlight and dash dim when I use it. One quick way to see the effect of it is to have the bike turned ON but not running then going to the menu for the battery voltage on the dash and it should be at 13.9 or 13.7 (around there) then press the horn for a moment and youll see it go down to 13.6 do it again 13.5 and so on....... Probably not the best horn for a bike that has an  alarm system which uses the bike's horn as the alarm, but other than that the battery should be fine if you go on a ride.

If you find yourself calling others nasty names on the internet, step back and examine your life. - MeterPig

One man's dreams can be another man's reality, make the beast with two backsing deal with it! - Me
696DCRider

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 01:05:38 PM »

Awesome.  I will try that out.  Thanks a lot for the info.
DucatiTorrey
My wife's super hero is my

Industrial Designer

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2010, 05:20:06 AM »

I am interested in doing a Stebel horn, a vizi tech rear light modulator, and a wiring harness for my cell phone from powerlet, any ideas on not drainging my battery? oh and maybe an alarm

- real place
Raux
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2010, 05:49:00 AM »

I am interested in doing a Stebel horn, a vizi tech rear light modulator, and a wiring harness for my cell phone from powerlet, any ideas on not drainging my battery? oh and maybe an alarm

damn add a partridge and you got the twelve days of Christmas on that thing
DucatiTorrey

Industrial Designer

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2010, 05:52:08 AM »

i know! i might nix the modulator, but i do want the stebel and the harness to charge my phone on long rides. the alarm might be overkill too. they make a harness that allows you to hook up lots of things like that, not sure its worth it...

- real place
Raux
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2010, 05:55:05 AM »

i know! i might nix the modulator, but i do want the stebel and the harness to charge my phone on long rides. the alarm might be overkill too. they make a harness that allows you to hook up lots of things like that, not sure its worth it...

i would go, horn, alarm
charge the phone before you leave.
not sure about the light about legal and does it really work
DucatiTorrey

Industrial Designer

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2010, 08:19:02 AM »

yeah good point, i do go on long trips though, we'll see

the modulator is supposed to work yeah, it strobes your tail light when you break to make you more visible. vizi tech is the company. youtube has some videos of monsters with them

- real place
696DCRider

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2010, 12:36:06 PM »

Does the modulator really use that much battery power?  I don't really see it using anymore than the regular light, but I'm just guessing
DucatiTorrey

Industrial Designer

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2010, 02:33:02 PM »

Does the modulator really use that much battery power?  I don't really see it using anymore than the regular light, but I'm just guessing

exactly, and when are all these things going to be used at the same time. maybe an alarm with the stebel going off. (that'll teach em!)

- real place
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2010, 02:00:01 AM »

Draining the battery....  If you're parked with the motor not running whilst continually sounding your Stebel (you masochist, you), with your foot on the brake pedal and your phone drawing charge then you might drain the battery eventually.  But.... if you're on the move I'm sure that you'll be recharging quicker than you draw power even if you honked continuously whilst braking during protracted phone calls to Zimbabwe  Grin

DucatiTorrey

Industrial Designer

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2010, 04:42:40 AM »

Draining the battery....  If you're parked with the motor not running whilst continually sounding your Stebel (you masochist, you), with your foot on the brake pedal and your phone drawing charge then you might drain the battery eventually.  But.... if you're on the move I'm sure that you'll be recharging quicker than you draw power even if you honked continuously whilst braking during protracted phone calls to Zimbabwe  Grin

have you been spying on me?

- real place
696DCRider

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2010, 06:50:06 AM »

I like to keep my finger on the horn while riding.  It's a safety thing...everyone can hear you coming Wink    [moto]
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2010, 02:19:34 AM »

I like to keep my finger on the horn while riding.  It's a safety thing...everyone can hear you coming Wink    [moto]
Or you could try Termis, Db killers removed.  Draws no battery power at all  Grin.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: