Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 08, 2024, 03:38:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: finally found a bike  (Read 1814 times)
tilt

« on: April 18, 2009, 11:14:36 AM »

so i found my bike (2007 silver and black s2r1k) and now im waiting for the paper work to sign so i can get it delivered.  so i have jsut been getting ready to place my order for some mods.  the bike already comes with lowjack frame sliders clutch slave and lane splitters so i can save a few bucks but other then that its stock.

so i have everything in my cart and monsterparts.com what am i missing
clear alternative integrated taillight
dual headlight
speedymoto 5-spoke clutch cover black
evr pressure plate 2 color silver and black
black spring and caps

silver wheel stripes

new exhaust more then likely boom tubes but gonna run the open udder for a bit till i get some more change in my pocket

the previous owner has some risers on the bike now and they have to go, since the i dont have the stock bolts for the handle bars im more then likely gonna go with some clip-ons (unless someone has those four bolts laying around and wants to get rid of them), but im really not sure about the differnt brands and the install.  apex are cheap and they are an easy install no top triple removal but im not sure about the quality.  i really like the ones Herm has but not to familiar on where to find LSL at (although i havent really even looked). 

anything i forgot?

herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 12:01:27 PM »

you can get the LSL clip ons at Cal-sportbike.

you also are going to want a 14T front sprocket, and good ear plugs for the udder-only option waytogo

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 01:44:32 PM »

so i have everything in my cart and monsterparts.com what am i missing
clear alternative integrated taillight
dual headlight
speedymoto 5-spoke clutch cover black
evr pressure plate 2 color silver and black
black spring and caps
silver wheel stripes

This is personal opinion but...CA integrated taillights suck unless you mod the LEDs.
5 spoke is the way to go! HOWEVER anodized black will fade to purple. ( i have the titanium one that i PC'ed black)

other then that. +1 to earplugs!

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
tilt

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 03:09:25 PM »

mod the leds?  care to elaborate
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 03:43:32 PM »

the leds in the CA units have 5-7mm viewing angle, so unless your right up on it it really wont be that bright. i converted them to PLCC- SMDs which have about a 120 degree viewing angle. This means if your viewing it head on, or 60 degrees to each side, it will still be (relatively) bright as looking at it dead on.

heres how i did mine. only 1300mCDs, and if i could find them, id do 2500mCDs for even more bright madness.

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
tilt

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 04:37:03 PM »

i dont get it.  in laymens terms do you mean a bigger bulb
DucatiBastard

"Apollonia" '06 S2R 800

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 06:33:25 PM »

I'm not sure if he's still taking orders and making them but Bernard at Vizi-Tech makes the best LED tail light available for the Monster.  Integrated turn signals, super bright, tons of led's ( 340-490, depending on model), optional brake flasher, really I can't say enough good things about these lights, and Bernard himself.  Be prepared to pay a premium price, however...
www.vizi-tech.com

Give a man a beer, and he wastes an hour.
Teach a man to brew, and he wastes a lifetime.

2006 Ducati S2R 800, 2004 Honda Dream 50R, 2001 Kawasaki W650, 1940 BSA M20
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 10:09:47 PM »

i dont get it.  in laymens terms do you mean a bigger bulb

no i mena viewing angle. the regualr 5mm LEDs are only bright if you look at it head on, or 5 degrees off center, which means a guy thats to your right and behind you, isnt going to be able to really see the tailight in broad day light because he is past that viewing angle.

Most modern cars have LED tail lights and  will use a special deisgn for the lens cap to diffuse the light appropriately, so you can see it at other angles as well. the CA integraded board, is just a board, and the lens is originally designed for a incandencent bulb or if it comes with the clear lens, its just a copy of a stock lens, so it does a very poor job of diffusing the light approriately.

the vizitec led board is MFing bright from the videos, a friend of mine got one and ive been wanting to see how it matches up to my custom modded one. im pretty sure the vizitec has me beat its 460LEDs to 30. lol

Chchadder

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 11:29:15 AM »

+11ty billion on the ViziTec SupaNova and Bernard!  You will pay a pretty hefty premium, but there is no shortcut taken in the quality of design and production.

09 Triumph Daytona 675 - Rocket -
07 695 Custom Dark - Sold -

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat. ~Hunter S. Thompson
tilt

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 05:58:38 PM »

i found the vizi-tech light, monsterparts.com sells it now, its gonna have to wait till a later date since i need an exhaust first.
FastAndLight

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 05:42:12 PM »

I have the same bike but in different colors.  I think my potential mods spreadsheet is upwards of 30 items right now.  If you are forgetting something then it probably isn't something you want.  Yet.  Right now my problem is that I keep ordering stuff that isn't in stock or that is taking forever to get to me.  I'm on week 3 or 4 of my wait for my Zards.  And don't even get me started about this stupid cover I ordered back in mid-March...(not that it is a purely bike mod, but whatever). 

Sounds like you have some good stuff planned.  Take some pics, share your results, and enjoy.

Ride safe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: