Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 02:35:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rearsets -- Down and Back  (Read 8556 times)
LUKE

07 S4RT Green Bay, WI

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 02:21:19 PM »

Yes.  Put them on about a month back.  I'm about 6'2" and this has made the bike much more comfortable.  I'm not sure of the exact measurements but Thumper made the recomendation about a year ago that this is a "must do" for tall riders.  I put it off until now,  but have really been happier after getting these rearsets and new bars.  I was getting leg cramps before but now I have much less fatige in my legs from riding.

Luke

COWBOY

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2008, 02:29:51 PM »

Great.  I'll shoot a note to PJ and take another look at them.  thanks for the info.

I can relate with the discomfort.  I'm not 6'2" but with the change in character and riding postition that i've achieved - folded is the only description that fits (after about an hour change that to Origami).

2005 S2R -- Mods installed: DP termi full racing kit, ST4 Forks, S4R rear shock, 999 Radial Brake and Clutch MCs, 4 pot Brembo Calipers, 320mm Snowflake rotors, SBK Quick change carrier, 43T rear sproket, Tomaselli Clip Ons, Cyclecat Frame Sliders, ASV Levers, zero indicators, Supernova taillight
LUKE

07 S4RT Green Bay, WI

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2008, 03:00:32 PM »

I also added CycleCat risers at the same time.  I may have added more "back" then down but the combintion of the adde reach for my arms and legs works well.

PJ has been good to so many of us.

stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2008, 03:36:01 PM »

Rizomas go down and back.  Lots more comfy.

I'm usually/never 100% sure about anything, but in this case.... sorry, you're wrong about the "down" part. At their lowest and most forward position Rizoma pegs are close to stock position, from there you have only back/up options. They are true rearsets.

The "comfy" part is subjective, at best. Having the feet further back will lower the knees thus opening up the angle of the hip joint, which allows for a straighter lower back. Downside is more weight on the wrists, although some riders like to have more weight up front for aggressive riding. This set up will also put more weight/pressure on the knees - for some riders that might be ok, for others it's a disaster.

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
COWBOY

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 04:04:16 PM »

The pricing on the available rearset solutions is out of sight let alone the potential lack of adjustability that i'm looking for  (kicking myself hard for not just getting the blem cyclecats last year when i had the chance).  Given the lack of consensus about the peg position I'm just going to have to take a plunge and try it out for myself.  I'll be ordering the MFW - for the price it's a relative bargain in figuring out whether or not adjusting the peg position will give me what I'm looking for.  once that's confirmed then moving to a full system/solution will make more sense.

Thanks all.

Stopintime:  Is there another place to order these in the US or online?  I ordered from Monsterparts because I was attempting to support TOB.  Obviously TOB doesn't need that support anymore.  If I must I will but I'd prefer another option.  Thanks.

chug

CWBY
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 04:13:17 PM by COWBOY » Logged

2005 S2R -- Mods installed: DP termi full racing kit, ST4 Forks, S4R rear shock, 999 Radial Brake and Clutch MCs, 4 pot Brembo Calipers, 320mm Snowflake rotors, SBK Quick change carrier, 43T rear sproket, Tomaselli Clip Ons, Cyclecat Frame Sliders, ASV Levers, zero indicators, Supernova taillight
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2008, 04:53:21 PM »

It's probably a good solution to try both back and back/down with the MFWs first. If back is the position for you, then you'll have options later on.
If you need to, PJ will confirm that the Rizomas don't adjust down.

Jeff at MonsterParts has always been, still is, the greatest IMO. He was always ready to help on TOB as well. My guess is that he sooo wishes he was here, but probably is kept from being here by some business agreement. I will certainly continue buying from him. Wish you would too.

Other places you can check out for the MFW-Wolf Vario System :

http://www.whaccessories.com/FootPegLoweringKit.htm

http://www.bike-design.com/search.php?shp_make=14&shp_model=0&shp_year=0&shp_category=177         (Main European shop)

http://www.eurotechmotorsports.com/forms/MyBike.cfm?do=query&new_query=yes&q_string=&q_model=359&q_manufacturer=all&q_brand=all&q_producttype=all  (US importer)

http://www.monsterparts.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?                                                                                    (again Wink)

stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2008, 05:00:16 PM »

When time comes, maybe you'll need some help with the parts #. I've done my research and I'm pretty sure I've got it right. Ask me here or (again) get the kind of help you want from Jeff cheeky chug

COWBOY

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2008, 05:17:30 PM »

It's probably a good solution to try both back and back/down with the MFWs first. If back is the position for you, then you'll have options later on.
If you need to, PJ will confirm that the Rizomas don't adjust down.

Jeff at MonsterParts has always been, still is, the greatest IMO. He was always ready to help on TOB as well. My guess is that he sooo wishes he was here, but probably is kept from being here by some business agreement. I will certainly continue buying from him. Wish you would too.

Since you've been so helpful and deftly handled my question and supported him I felt I'd reply. 

Here's why I'm on the fence regarding Monsterparts.  I'm not boycotting him but I do now look at my other options.   Jeff has been prompt in replies and shipping in the past and been a good guy to deal with.    Monsterparts was built off of the DML store.  It was the good will from the forum and my desire to assist it's founders and Admins that drove my purchases from him as opposed to the dealer network or other sponsors I had used prior. 

I don't fault him for either move (the sale of TOB or using it to launch/grow a side business).  Taken together they muddy things for me though.  As a result I've resumed using my old vendors/dealers when I can.

In this case though it appears there aren't any other sources for MFW with a good web presence (the official dealer  euro something is now wholesale only) so I just used MP again. 

Thanks for the information and assistance.

CWBY
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 06:29:54 PM by COWBOY » Logged

LUKE

07 S4RT Green Bay, WI

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2008, 07:27:00 PM »

Sorry about my misunderstanding of my rearsets.  They felt so nice I just assumed it was down.  Well in that case back works just as well.  Here are the measurements full down and back if anyone wants a comparo.  (measurements are from the farthest point of the swingarm nut).

stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2008, 11:25:51 AM »

Luke

I double checked my stock pegs with your measurements in hand. I didn't do it very accurately, but it seems like your pegs are at stock height and a little further back. It's very interesting how little it takes to make things much more comfortable. I'm sure the sharper grip on the Rizoma pegs helps too - less need to push the feet down to have a good grip?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: