Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 04, 2024, 06:18:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Raising Arrows  (Read 6062 times)
ute

I Have Titanium

« on: April 22, 2009, 05:13:41 PM »

so where the heck is the thread on raising the Arrows pipes ....searched out the ying yang cant find it

any help would be great
ute

I Have Titanium

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 05:48:39 PM »

found it

pics are dead anyway
hackers2r

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 05:53:17 PM »

Could you post a link to this thread?  Would be interesting to read about.  Thanks.
DucNrun

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 11:58:37 AM »

I bought the Arrows off the guy started that thread.  I'll take some pics of them on my bike and get them posted up this weekend....damn graveyard shift! bang head
ute

I Have Titanium

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 04:28:54 PM »

http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=10513.0

if you could do a shot of the lower mounts that would be great ...did he remove them ? or just pull the whole unit up ?

thanks
hackers2r

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 05:15:56 PM »

After reading that thread...WHAT DID HE DO?  Completely lost.  How did  he "rotate" the system?
WFO58

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 05:37:58 PM »

Hi guys

I did it second, and I did it a little differently. I have photos of the bracket and where I drilled the holes, but I dont know how to post them ( too many moving parts). When my 12 year old gets back from ballet, she can school the old man, and help me post them.

More to follow

999 R Xerox, S4RS, KTM 950 SM, GSXR 750, Harley soft tail custom, Honda 750F, Bultaco Astro, Bultaco Pursang, RM 125, Elsinore 125, SL 70, Mini trail, Bonanza minibike.
hackers2r

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 05:52:29 PM »

excellent Evil /\
WFO58

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 07:08:01 PM »

Icon did this first, and I liked the result. This is how I did it:

This works with the S4R and a full arrow exhaust. This won't work with the stock cat. This is my monster after the lift. Notice how close the upper muffler is to the seat lock. I rotated the mufflers as high as they would go and still be able to insert the key.

This shows the unobstructed view that road-kill sees before meeting it's maker. The collector bracket is not changed, but allows the collector to rotate upward and change the angle of the mufflers. The only modification needed is to the upper bracket. The mufflers easily rotate upward and no stress is put on the pipes or mufflers.

This shows the shortened upper bracket. It was important to me to center the attaching bolt. The bracket was then shortened to clear the frame tubes and sit flush against the frame tab.

The new hole in the frame tab was drilled infront of and above the original nut-sert.

This shows the new nut and the rubber plug in the original nut.

This shows how much tighter the mufflers ride against the frame. I think it looks much better. I know it is louder in my helmet. I assume this is because the mufflers are angled higher towards my helmet. It actually is quite a bit louder, but I just turn up the iPod!

Hope this helps!

Ride safe,
Tim

999 R Xerox, S4RS, KTM 950 SM, GSXR 750, Harley soft tail custom, Honda 750F, Bultaco Astro, Bultaco Pursang, RM 125, Elsinore 125, SL 70, Mini trail, Bonanza minibike.
hackers2r

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 03:58:11 AM »

Ok...I think I understand why I was so confused...The S4RS setup is different from the S2R...Don't believe this will work on my S2R...oh well...looks REALLY nice when raised.
ute

I Have Titanium

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 04:34:32 PM »

thanks perfect

i can see how he rotated the bottom mount now

and yes this will work for a s2r with shotgun Arrows
hackers2r

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 07:15:42 PM »

So can someone show me what I need to do to achieve this look?  I really like how much higher the system is.  Thanks.
WFO58

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2009, 07:38:51 PM »

Loosen the collector mount , and both mufflers will rotate upward. They will only move a little, as the uncut muffler bracket will hit the frame. Once the muffler bracket is cut you can swing them up past the seat if you wanted.

The best way is to drill and cut your bracket to match mine, and then drill the hole in the frame tab to match. Be carefull, because if you cut and drill the muffler bracket too short, you will never get the key in the seat lock, and the upper muffler will bake your right butt cheek.

Keep the new hole in the muffler bracket above the crease, or the bolt/washer wont be flat against the bracket, and that will be ugly.

Also, keep the bolts that hold the mufflers to the bracket loose to allow them to rotate and shift around. Tighten them last when all the shifting around is done.

hackers2r

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 07:54:50 AM »

Nice...just did this...little Sunday morning project.  Looks much better.  I actually reused the factory bolt and just trimmed the arrow mount and redrilled a  hole lower.  Thanks for the help guys.
dezoe
·······························

S2R 1000 2008 red

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 03:14:17 PM »

Nice...just did this...little Sunday morning project.  Looks much better.  I actually reused the factory bolt and just trimmed the arrow mount and redrilled a  hole lower.  Thanks for the help guys.
Pics?  Before and after would be  bacon

S2R 1000 2008 red - Arrow Ti slip-on, FatDuc, tail chop, cheap led indicators     620ie 2004 red *sold*

Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!  - Homer Simpson 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: