Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 08, 2024, 10:23:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OCC M1100  (Read 15553 times)
dezoe
·······························

S2R 1000 2008 red

« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2009, 05:37:59 AM »

bang head hideous, really awful looking

If someone gave me a bike and a budget I could produce something better
You've already done that  waytogo

S2R 1000 2008 red - Arrow Ti slip-on, FatDuc, tail chop, cheap led indicators     620ie 2004 red *sold*

Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!  - Homer Simpson 
Goat_Herder

« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2009, 10:05:58 AM »

Just curious.  I wonder how are the OCC fanboys are reacting to all these.  Do they like the Ducati addition?  Have any of you read any comment from the other side of the spectrum?  So far anything I've seen has been pretty negative. 

Not that I am a fan of OCC nor their show.  Just want to curious on what the overall consensus is. 

Goat Herder (Tony)
2003 Ducati Monster 620 - Yellow SOLD
2007 Ducati Monster S2R1000 - Black KILLED
2007 Ducati Monster S2R1000 - Red
Drunken Monkey
Scooter-Trash
Flounder-Administrator

« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2009, 11:30:00 AM »

It's not that hideous. It could have been much, much worse.

It is, however, hideously underwhelming.

What really bugs me is the tyranny of bad taste, bad designs and bad aesthetics (I swear, their stuff is the kind of stuff a pre-pubescent boy would doodle thinking it's cool) that is OCC.

The fact that OCC gets attention at all influences what people think motorcycle design should be and that's just a crime against good taste.

I own several motorcycles. I have owned lots of motorcycles. And have bolted and/or modified lots of crap to said motorcycles...
Scooter Montgomery

Milford, NH

« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2009, 12:02:25 PM »

Being from Orange County, NY, born and raised. This is just aweful. Its like Ducati just jumped the shark.

I would buy an OCC shirt that said "Ruining good italian motorcycles since 2009" on it.  Grin

Side note I worked on the drawings for the hotel next door when I was an intern in college, if I'm thinking of the right location.

2003 620 Half Dark/ Half Silver 35,000 happy miles
DucHead

No garage queens

« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2009, 02:53:30 PM »

Just curious.  I wonder how are the OCC fanboys are reacting to all these.  Do they like the Ducati addition?  Have any of you read any comment from the other side of the spectrum?  So far anything I've seen has been pretty negative. 

Not that I am a fan of OCC nor their show.  Just want to curious on what the overall consensus is. 

http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76147

'05 S4R (>47k mi); '04 Bandit 1200 (>92k mi; sold); '02 Bandit 1200 (>11k mi); '97 Bandit 1200 (2k mi); '13 FJR1300 (1k mi); IBA #28454 "45"
thejsnide

The Pastry Chef

« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2009, 03:24:57 PM »

That link is pretty funny...  Just go to page 2 and look at the PEZ bike... It took me a few minutes to actually figure out if it was real or not, and unfortunately it is.

Turn it off man, turn it off!  It's sucking my will to live!
junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

GT1k, 99 M900(V), 98 M900(W), 00 M900S, 02 748E/R

« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2009, 03:45:23 PM »

Sometimes I think their bikes are fun, for the purpose they are serving: Its gimmicky designs. Craftsman wants a bike? They get one that is goofy looking and that's what they wanted.

You want a "real chopper" (whatever that might mean to you), you go to a custom builder and tell 'em what you want. Turns out that the customers are demanding really stupid ideas. And with those choppers, its all off-the-shelf parts practically. You "pick out" a frame. Grab an engine, bolt it up: done. The only creativity really goes into the tank, the bars (off the shelf designs usually, or standard bend on the machine) and some welded on doodads.

For me, its not OCC that I don't like. Its choppers in general. I don't see the point. Its not how I want to ride. I think its funny that we spend so much time knocking their designs, but would any of you buy a chopper?

For the most part, probably not. But then you see the Monster-Chopper made by one of our members, and we all think its pretty cool. Difference: Its got parts that appeal to us, but probably wouldn't to others in the chopper crowd. Its a "to-each-their-own" situation. Well it seems to me that its their particular designs and components that appealing to us, because they aren't catering to us. Just thoughts to reflect on.

For most of America, simply seeing a Ducati on the show would be a pretty heavy "wow" factor.

Desmostro

alis volat propriis

« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2009, 04:05:19 PM »

That link is pretty funny...  Just go to page 2 and look at the PEZ bike... It took me a few minutes to actually figure out if it was real or not, and unfortunately it is.

ROTFLMAO laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

The cruiser class is dieing off fast. Harley will be toast sooner or later.

So,...wtf DNA? What's with the spastic growth program?
This is like trying to double your racehorse livery overnight using donkeys to stud.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room
Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2009, 07:06:55 PM »

Sooooooo-ho-ho not worried about my customer base now....

Roll Eyes

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Drjones

« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2009, 07:44:20 AM »

Looks like they were trying to turn it into a gangsta 'Busa dragster with that paint and tail.  All it needs is a 320 tire, dropped and stretched swingarm.   Roll Eyes

"Live like no one else now, so that you can live like no one else tomorrow."

"Wealth is more often the result of a lifestyle of hard work, perseverance, planning, and, most of all, self discipline.”

"Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness."
junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

GT1k, 99 M900(V), 98 M900(W), 00 M900S, 02 748E/R

« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2009, 07:48:24 AM »

I'd like to hear the audio of the guys when they first cranked up the bikes, and rode 'em. It would be interesting to hear the ride-impressions the "big displacement" guys had with the Ducs. Also like to hear 'em discuss the dry clutch, wonder how familiar they are with the system. I believe their bikes are also dry, if the clutch is where I tihnk it is on those bikes. See beginning of Suicide Messiah by Black Label Society - that's the clutch, yes?
black label society-suicide massiah

duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2009, 08:00:03 AM »

Looks like they were trying to turn it into a gangsta 'Busa dragster with that paint and tail.  All it needs is a 320 tire, dropped and stretched swingarm.   Roll Eyes

I've always wanted and extended swingarm on my Monster.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
teddy037.2
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2009, 08:15:25 AM »

I think its funny that we spend so much time knocking their designs, but would any of you buy a chopper?

if I had the disposable income, and garage space? yes. I happed to really like custom bikes (chopper/bobber/whatever)

I wouldn't buy an OCC bike, but I'd love to have a trick cruiser in my lineup  waytogo
KEH

« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2009, 05:17:30 AM »

If I was the CEO of the Pez company I think I would be thrilled with that bike. Its draws a lot of attention and clearly represents the brand in a creative way.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: