Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 03, 2024, 06:22:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you say "BLANG BLANG!"? (some Rizoma and CF goodies arrive)  (Read 3022 times)
patorojo

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 06:43:21 PM »

um.... they do not require  bar-ends....  I dont understand why you couldnt mount the mirrors directly on the ends of the bars....  I wasn't prepared to do away with my tapered Rizoma bar ends coz I like em too much, but coz they are tapered obviously you cant mount bar-end mirrors on them.  Soooo I took 'em off mounted the mirrors directly on the end of the bars using the larger bush that came with your mirrors, and put the bar ends back on the ends of the bars!  Simple.  I have Rizoma grips though which are 8mm shorter in length than the original ones, giving me just enough bar end to bolt the mirrors on to..... Hope that helps, but its definitely possible to put the mirrors inboard of barends.... as you can see from my pics. 

+1 what he said...  that is exactly what I did.  This shows mirror and grips BEFORE I installed bar ends.

Arne Berger
2007 S2R1K
2007 DL650
2005 DRZ400S
Grug

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 11:12:19 PM »

um.... they do not require  bar-ends....  I dont understand why you couldnt mount the mirrors directly on the ends of the bars....  I wasn't prepared to do away with my tapered Rizoma bar ends coz I like em too much, but coz they are tapered obviously you cant mount bar-end mirrors on them.  Soooo I took 'em off mounted the mirrors directly on the end of the bars using the larger bush that came with your mirrors, and put the bar ends back on the ends of the bars!  Simple.  I have Rizoma grips though which are 8mm shorter in length than the original ones, giving me just enough bar end to bolt the mirrors on to..... Hope that helps, but its definitely possible to put the mirrors inboard of barends.... as you can see from my pics. 

Well that's the same method I tried, but with the larger bush on my handlebars, the mirrors couldn't quite fit. They were VERY close to being able to fit, but the with the larger bush it was just too wide for the mirrors to be slipped/pushed on to the ends. I even tried going at it with a hammer (a towel protecting the mirrors of course) but it just would not go on. Sad That's why I had to mount them on the bar-ends.
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 08:32:30 PM »

You must have larger diameter bars than standard......  um... Huh?

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
Grug

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 09:57:30 PM »

You must have larger diameter bars than standard......  um... Huh?

Hmm... I think I'll try sanding/shaving down the larger bush a little, that should work. When the mirrors are so damn expensive it feels a little uncomfortable knowing they're not attached to solid metal.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: