Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 04, 2024, 02:13:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone considering to upgrade their 696 mirrors to the Rizoma Prototype?  (Read 11653 times)
ducaTT

« on: April 29, 2009, 08:03:00 AM »

Trying to find out if anyone has done a Rizoma Prototype mirror upgrade on their 696.

Anyone? Huh?
Amlethae
ahm-leth-eye

If life is a stage, you'd better let me direct.

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 12:41:59 PM »

Would like to know the same thing.  I would love to see pictures of the Prototypes on a 696 with the stock bar.  All I've seen are Prototypes with clip-ons (which looks really hot btw) but I don't want to do clip-ons just yet.

First bike (ever): 2008 Monster 696 [now it's the wife's]
Lost to the front end of a GMC truck: 2010 Monster 1100s w/ABS [miss it!]
Currently Riding: 2013 Streetfighter 848
xskiervh

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 02:14:49 PM »

« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 02:21:39 PM by xskiervh » Logged
ducaTT

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 03:09:55 PM »

that looks pretty sweet and thanks for sharing!  Is that the prototype naked or sport?  where did you purchase the set? can you let me know what adapters are needed to mount the mirrors?

Thanks again!  waytogo
JEFF_H

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 03:13:53 PM »

oh my
look how the mirror angles looks almost exactly like the instrument cluster side view  waytogo
xskiervh

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 03:38:06 PM »

that looks pretty sweet and thanks for sharing!  Is that the prototype naked or sport?  where did you purchase the set? can you let me know what adapters are needed to mount the mirrors?

Thanks again!  waytogo

I got them off of pjsparts...Kinda expensive i think as far as mirrors go. But there high quality machined parts, definitly worth the money, you wont be disappointed.

http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=265&products_id=506
http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=265&products_id=44
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 03:21:43 AM »

...Kinda expensive i think as far as mirrors go. But there high quality machined parts, definitly worth the money, you wont be disappointed.

+1

I have different Rizoma mirrors (Class Retro's) and it almost choked me to pay so much money for a pair of mirrors..... but.... they are soooooooooo much better than the stock mirrors that the benefit far outweighs the cost. 

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 07:25:06 AM »

How are the blind spots on those mirrors? I have the CRG Hindsight LS mirrors and while they are fantastic, I want a "bigger picture" while still keeping an eye on the blind spot.

09 M696
Capt CF

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 04:11:18 PM »

I did the Rizoma install this weekend so I figured I would update the thread.  I used the Rizoma adapters that PJ's Parts sells (I got the mirrors there also - naked prototype).  Here are a couple of lessons learned.  First, the hardware that comes with the Rizoma adapters does not work on the 696 - the bolts are too large.  I just used the stock mirror mounting bolts and they seemed to work just fine.  Also, I had to add an additional washer on each side underneath the Rizoma adapter to clear the brake reservoir on the right side and to allow the cold start level to move through the full range of motion on the left.

I'll echo the other comments in this thread - way too much money for mirrors, IMO, but they do look really good and vibrate far less than my stock mirrors did.  Although the glass is smaller, I find that I can see a bit better behind me - probably because the Rizomas have a wider range of adjustment options since they pivot at the mount and swivel at the mirror.

If you nag me enough I'll post pics.

White 696, tail chop, carbon Termis, touring seat, Rizoma mirrors and various carbon bits..  [SOLD]

"You can't teach pigs to sing - it only frustrates you and annoys the pig."
redial

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 05:02:41 PM »

that bike is wicked  Evil
NekkedChic
Naked Bikes-u dirty boyz!

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 02:19:14 PM »

I did the Rizoma install this weekend so I figured I would update the thread.  I used the Rizoma adapters that PJ's Parts sells (I got the mirrors there also - naked prototype).  Here are a couple of lessons learned.  First, the hardware that comes with the Rizoma adapters does not work on the 696 - the bolts are too large.  I just used the stock mirror mounting bolts and they seemed to work just fine.  Also, I had to add an additional washer on each side underneath the Rizoma adapter to clear the brake reservoir on the right side and to allow the cold start level to move through the full range of motion on the left.

I'll echo the other comments in this thread - way too much money for mirrors, IMO, but they do look really good and vibrate far less than my stock mirrors did.  Although the glass is smaller, I find that I can see a bit better behind me - probably because the Rizomas have a wider range of adjustment options since they pivot at the mount and swivel at the mirror.

If you nag me enough I'll post pics.

nag, nag. enuff yet?   laughingdp

Ducatista Barista
xskiervh

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 02:42:59 PM »

How are the blind spots on those mirrors? I have the CRG Hindsight LS mirrors and while they are fantastic, I want a "bigger picture" while still keeping an eye on the blind spot.

There great for side views, not the best for seeing directly behind, nothing a little head tilt cant fix. But i think this goes for most mirrors anyhow.  A good rider is always aware of there surroundings, with or without mirrors. But maybe your the one whos super paraniod about blind spots and end up getting these mirrors as well as some bar end mirrors, 4 mirrors total...haha. But in my opinion, the prototypes are the best mirrors to match the style of the 696.
roggie

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2009, 05:18:28 PM »

buttery...

not to thread jack... but are those grips larger (diameter) then the stock? i think i need bigger grips, my hands seem to cramp up too easily and i've been trying to not clamp down so hard....

Capt CF

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 05:12:24 AM »

nag, nag. enuff yet?   laughingdp

LOL...ok, I'll go down to the garage real quick and take a couple.  If they aren't good enough quality for you (sheeesh, this forum has some demanding users..) I'll take more when I get home with a real digital camera.

White 696, tail chop, carbon Termis, touring seat, Rizoma mirrors and various carbon bits..  [SOLD]

Capt CF

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 06:04:42 AM »

These are pretty poor quality compared to the OP's pics, but you can still get an idea of how the mirrors look on the bike.  I'll take/post higher quality ones if folks want to see them.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: