Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 11:46:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Instrument swop, immobiliser issue  (Read 2501 times)
desmobloke

750ie Dark

« on: May 16, 2008, 09:46:43 PM »

My Motoscpoe Mini arrived the other day, it's very cool. But now to fit it. I plan to get a replacement set of instruments (incase of blunders) for my '02 750ie, strip them down, box them up and stash the whole package wherever I can, maybe under the tank. I think I can fool the immobiliser etc and ECU this way but reinstating the idiot lights looks like a tricky proposition. I know this may not be a new thread but I gotta ask, I know someone's tried it... Any advice welcome. Cheers.

Ahh! Summer changes everything. BARMAN!
Drunken Monkey
Scooter-Trash
Flounder-Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 11:24:37 PM »

Paging Duck Stew of Flight Cycles fame...

'Stew's done this, hopefully he's got pointers.

Your other choice, if you want a cleaner (also more $$$) setup is to go with an FIM ECU. These get rid of the immobilizer, so you can swap out the gauges. Although I don't know if they make an ECU for the '02 m750...

I own several motorcycles. I have owned lots of motorcycles. And have bolted and/or modified lots of crap to said motorcycles...
desmobloke

750ie Dark

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 06:12:25 PM »

FIM don't list an ECU for my 750, maybe the 620 version can be tweaked, it's certainly expensive but it would be a far more elegant solution. (I'm not too bothered by the immobiliser, Just want to lose the instrument pod) I think a little more research is in order. Meanwhile I hooked up the Motogadget Miniscope to a battery to check out how it would look. Even better than I expected! A classy piece of kit.

desmobloke

750ie Dark

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 07:47:28 PM »

Or is that Motoscope Minigadget? any way it's stiil cool.

MotoCreations

Imagination + Engineering = Imagineering

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 08:16:37 PM »

The Mini is my favorite MotoGadget gauge -- I use them on my personal bikes in fact. (if anyone wants a black MotoScope Classic w/MotoSign -- I have one in the box for sale -- never mounted -- display purposes only!)

A couple of ways to beat the ECU.

1) FIM chip of course
2) Stuart method -- hide the board in a housing somewhere underneath the tank (POD's and toss airbox to make room)
3) MSD and put FCR's on it!
4) put an older wiring harness / ECU into it that is pre-immobolizer.

El Matador
Do I need knee pucks for my

'06 S2R1K, '07 695 - Sold, '99 996 - Sold, '04 Hurricane Project

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 08:32:38 AM »

The Mini is my favorite MotoGadget gauge -- I use them on my personal bikes in fact. (if anyone wants a black MotoScope Classic w/MotoSign -- I have one in the box for sale -- never mounted -- display purposes only!)

A couple of ways to beat the ECU.

1) FIM chip of course
2) Stuart method -- hide the board in a housing somewhere underneath the tank (POD's and toss airbox to make room)
3) MSD and put FCR's on it!
4) put an older wiring harness / ECU into it that is pre-immobolizer.

How much?  Grin

Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 09:19:54 AM »

AFAIK, the FIM ECU is basically the same part for any '02 and later Monster, it's just the map that's installed that would tailor it to a specific model.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: