Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 04:55:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick question about midpipe  (Read 1822 times)
aa4111

« on: May 16, 2008, 10:14:20 PM »

This is a spark midpipe from desmoworld. Is the bung pictured for an o2 sensor or a regular port that is plugged except when being tested/tuned at the dealer??? In other words, is this the for an S2R800 or S2R1000?

« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 10:16:59 PM by aa4111 » Logged
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 02:52:24 AM »

I can't tell from your photo, but if the bung is in an area affected by both cylinders, is rather large and there is only one it is for an O2 sensor.  If there are two of them, they are small in diameter and are before the crossover , they are for an exhaust analyzer.
corey
Is that a throttle tube in your pocket? Or just your

'06 Tang/Black S2R800

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 05:25:11 AM »

That looks like an o2 sensor bung. if you don't have an o2 sensor, you an easy find a metric bolt that will plug that bung.

When all the land lays in ruin... And burnination has forsaken the countryside... Only one guy will remain... My money's on...
q monster

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 06:25:23 AM »

i've just ordered this set up for my 2008 S2R1000 - the midpipe takes the O2 sensor. Talk to Chris at Desmoworks. I've also ordered a set of black stainless cans so i can route the headers one on either side of the bike just under the seat - i want to see the rear tyre sitting there with the unilateral swing arm. Both should arrive in the next week or so - i'll post a pic when they're fitted.

q monster

2008 S2R1000 changed - spark headers and tail cut done, rizoma grips indicator lights and clutch cover titax levers, DP ECU, open filter, ...... maybe stop then............. nah think i'll add rizoma rearsets and their conical handlebar is f..hot... and then i need to get rid of those mirrors....
aa4111

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 01:03:41 PM »

Yes, it turns out it is an o2 sensor bung. I do not have the pipes in front of me and wont for a bit so I couldnt inspect in person. You can just barely see the tip of the horizontal cylinder gas analyzer port in the long section of the midpipe. The vertical cylinder port is on a short piece of pipe that you retain from your stock pipes. So it appears I wont lose anything if I just plug that hole... as long as everything still fits the same... which it will... I think.... Thanks for the help everyone
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: