Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 02, 2024, 02:14:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bar Slider or I must be stupid  (Read 1005 times)
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« on: May 02, 2009, 07:31:58 AM »

I thought this morning I'd swap out my mirrors and put in the new bar end sliders on my '06 S2R.  Easy, right?

Well... I don't know what I am doing or these are the wrong size.  I am not sure even where I ordered them from anymore.  They are Rhino Moto sliders.  They seem to be too big to get into the tube.

Suggestions?  I got the wrong ends?  I shouldn't use tools?  What?

Thanks!

"Do something each day that scares you..."
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 07:47:48 AM »

Many/most RhinoMoto bar end sliders won't work (too thick). They have one S2R/S4R/848 specific model for your tapered aluminum bar, which has inner diameter of only about 14mm. It's very possible the vendor sent you a wrong one, if they aren't used to Ducati or not awake at the time.

So, I think, if you specified your bike and they still sent you the wrong ones - they should pay the coming double return/shipping cost.
You're not stupid, you're just learning to double check everything you do Wink

Which mirrors did you get?

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 08:00:56 AM »

Many/most RhinoMoto bar end sliders won't work (too thick). They have one S2R/S4R/848 specific model for your tapered aluminum bar, which has inner diameter of only about 14mm. It's very possible the vendor sent you a wrong one, if they aren't used to Ducati or not awake at the time.

So, I think, if you specified your bike and they still sent you the wrong ones - they should pay the coming double return/shipping cost.
You're not stupid, you're just learning to double check everything you do Wink

Which mirrors did you get?

Yeah, I sent them an email specially asking if they would fit and he said yes.  Guess I have a refund coming.  Damn.  Now I need to wait until that comes and I can order some that fit.  There is no way that plastic is going to go into that tube but I wanted to be sure I wasn't being a retard.

CRG bar end mirror.

psycledelic

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 08:04:06 AM »

The first set I had were also to big to fit into the ID of the stock Magura bar.  I took the slider insert to work and had it turned down a little to make them fit.  If you can't return for the right part, resizing might be an option.  Just make sure not to have to much taken off. 

06 S2R800 - the wife                         Dolph
04 999s - the mistress
bmonty72

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 08:09:00 AM »

I bought a pair of used Rhino Bar End sliders form a member here....Turns out, that member had a 696 not an S2R (like mine).  I contacted Rhino and they said, just send them in an we'll turn them down on a lathe for no charge.  When he got them, he said they were too far gone and sent me a set of new internals for just the cost of those parts.  They were SUPER Easy to work with and IMHO a GREAT customer service company. 

http://www.rhinomoto.com/contact-us.html
email them, I'm sure they will take care of you.  Good Luck!!!! also I love my Rhino Sliders with CRG mirrors!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 08:11:27 AM by bmonty72 » Logged
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 08:12:50 AM »

thanks for the tips.

I'll try the place I ordered from first since they told me these would work (I was very specfic about the bike I have)

Then I'll go to Rhino.

Thanks again!  =)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: