Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 01, 2024, 08:16:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My 696 dark(er)  (Read 5593 times)
DucatiTorrey
My wife's super hero is my

Industrial Designer

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2009, 02:26:03 PM »

ok, if its the 1100s i;m gonna be upset. thats the easy way out...  Roll Eyes ha ha. put a dry clutch and a SSS on a 696. now thats a major change

- real place
Spicoli

Life is Good

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2009, 07:52:37 PM »

ok, if its the 1100s i;m gonna be upset. thats the easy way out...  Roll Eyes ha ha. put a dry clutch and a SSS on a 696. now thats a major change

It is more of a change than that.  Before I had even done the 600 mile tune I was saying "bike isn't quite enough for me".... well... My dealer is offering me bluebook on my bike, $7900 and I have 10,400 miles on it.   

I will be adding a cylinder, headlight, and 50hp 25ft-lb of torque.  I love the monster, but tried the 1100 and it just isn't enough.  Granted the 1100 with full termi is the best sound I have ever heard... but ride is most important and the Triumph Speed Triple w/CRM exhaust is hands down a better ride and geometry for me. 

I will be selling some stuff off my monster here shortly.  Nothing special, but good deals.  Headlight bulbs (silverstars), bikini fairing, carbon exhaust heat shields, and a couple other things.  All pretty cheap and priced to get rid of fast.

I will still be active on the board... plus in a year or 2 I'll probably still get a 1198. 

Life's too short to be taken seriously.
'09 Triumph Speed Triple, flat black
mrplease

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2009, 08:32:10 PM »

yeah i do LOVE the speed triple. i almost got one instead of the monster. i went back and forth for a while...

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2009, 09:31:19 PM »

yeah i do LOVE the speed triple. i almost got one instead of the monster. i went back and forth for a while...

Same here but with the Street Triple instead... I was getting REALLY close. Actually I looked at Triumph before Ducati. There was just something about Ducati that drew me in. Haven't regretted it.

Good luck with the Triumph.  [moto]

09 M696
mrplease

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2009, 07:52:01 AM »

yeah actually i was looking at the street triple as well...

Spicoli

Life is Good

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2009, 06:47:12 AM »

A lot of work has been done to my 696, I barely recongize it.  Sorry for the crappy cell pic, but too busy riding to take the time to take proper photos.

2009 Triumph Speed Triple, CRM (chain reaction) exhaust, Triumph off-road tune.

mrplease

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2009, 07:03:40 AM »

I LOVE IT!!! im my opinion its best looking bike there is!

my next bike will be a street triple. though i'll still be keeping my 696...

ooooo and i love that exhaust! i know thats not the stock one. who makes that?

Spicoli

Life is Good

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 11:43:47 AM »

Selling stuff off my bike: http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=23771.0

Rode a lot this weekend (550miles since thursday).  Triumph is awesome, but the fit/finish isn't as good as the Duc.  Nothing I would complain about, but simple things like blinker switch, key/ignition, gear selector feel, etc just feel cheaper.  But it has things like a metal gas tank and surprisingly gets better gas mileage than my 696 (and has a lot more hp/torque)

Pic from one of my rides this weekend.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: