Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 02, 2024, 06:13:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great new Dry Clutch  (Read 1293 times)
jftoha

07 s2r 1k, Termi Shorty, Tail Chop, Pazzo levers,

« on: May 04, 2009, 09:49:31 AM »

After only 6200 miles, the dry clutch on my 2007 s2r 1000 was trashed. i live in the Washington, DC and i guess city traffic took a toll on the original clutch. I did some research and decided to go with the Surflex aluminum clutch pack instead of the  OEM or Barnett packs. I am glad i did. THe clutch action is so much smoother and the sound of the aluminum plates makes a huge difference. It still makes the classic dry clutch noise but the sound is a bit more muted and even. Instead or sheet metal, it sounds like a proper mechanical sound. The replacement was about as easy as it could be and i was done within 30 minutes and going for a test ride. I can't speak for how long it will last but so far i am very impressed.

He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 12:59:46 PM »

Do keep us updated on the surflex, im using Barnett red clutch packs. How badly worn was the friction material on your OEM pack? i had about 9500 miles before mine was smooth with the surface of the plate.

One thing you should be aware of with aluminum plates is, the teeth wear much quicker if you are running a steel basket (im not sure what the stock one is) so if you upgrade the basket in the future, make sure you get an aluminum basket to go along with it.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
greenohawk69

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 10:34:36 AM »

Link to where you purchased please. 

"An enlightened people, and an energetic public opinion... will control and enchain the aristocratic spirit of the government." --Thomas Jefferson to Chevalier de Ouis, 1814

There are 4 boxes to be used in the defense of liberty:  Soap, Ballot, Jury and Ammo.  Please use in this order.  -- Ed Howdershelt
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: