Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 20, 2024, 03:25:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: questions about rear hugger, and belly pan  (Read 2369 times)
adpeacock
ArmyDucRider

« on: May 09, 2009, 01:52:49 PM »

hey everyone, does anyone know if their is a product to act as a chain guard when you take off the rear hugger or do should I just hack up the stock crap rear hugger? 
Question 2, what functioning piece does the belly pan perform besides making the bike look badass? 
thanks for the help I think I am about to start cranking away on the bike.

-2005Monster 620 Dark, Monsterparts Carbon Fiber Beer Tray, Pazzo Levers, Dunlop Qualifiers, CF Front Fairing
"Japanese Bikes are like supermodels; great to look at but full of aftermarket parts."
scduc

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 01:58:20 PM »

As far as the belly pan goes, some may say there is some benficial aerodynamics nu tmy opinion is that it covers the exhaust and looks cool.

08' S2R 1K   That was close  damn near lost a $400 hand cart.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 02:43:47 PM »

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa91/chiflado/Conradtake3003.jpg

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

GT1k, 99 M900(V), 98 M900(W), 00 M900S, 02 748E/R

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 03:39:37 PM »

I removed my rear hugger and just went without a chain guard.

Belly pan that's just a small cowl is purely for decoration. There are oil-catching full length ones though, made to... catch oil in the event of a pretty big engine failure.

adpeacock
ArmyDucRider

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 03:55:54 PM »

That is a great rear hugger, but I was looking to just protect the chain from dirt, and leave the rear tire uncovered.  But if I am going to go with a rear hugger that is the oneI will go with.

-2005Monster 620 Dark, Monsterparts Carbon Fiber Beer Tray, Pazzo Levers, Dunlop Qualifiers, CF Front Fairing
"Japanese Bikes are like supermodels; great to look at but full of aftermarket parts."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: