Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 03, 2024, 12:15:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: fuel cap thingamajiggers  (Read 3314 times)
acemoney

« on: May 13, 2009, 06:07:00 PM »

might be a dumb question but it's one that i don't have the answer to none the less.

i'm not liking my silver and gold fuel cap thingy and want a black one (spray paint isn't gonna cut it). everywhere i look i see ones for S4's, 848, 1098, etc. etc. but never says my bike.  i have a 06' monster 620.......so my question is, what bikes have the same fuel thingy as my bike to make my search for one easier? or am i just really stupid and they are ALL the same? thanks
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 06:14:18 PM »

might be a dumb question but it's one that i don't have the answer to none the less.

i'm not liking my silver and gold fuel cap thingy and want a black one (spray paint isn't gonna cut it). everywhere i look i see ones for S4's, 848, 1098, etc. etc. but never says my bike.  i have a 06' monster 620.......so my question is, what bikes have the same fuel thingy as my bike to make my search for one easier? or am i just really stupid and they are ALL the same? thanks
You're not stupid...
but they are all the same.

Just get one for a Monster.

BTW....some vent better than others so I've heard.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

acemoney

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 06:24:55 PM »

You're not stupid...
but they are all the same.

Just get one for a Monster.

BTW....some vent better than others so I've heard.

thanks for the help as always

(and i'm gonna pretend i know what the venting does)

NAKID

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 07:10:27 PM »

Check out our sponsors...

http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=20180.0

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
scott_araujo

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 07:40:27 PM »

I'm not usually one for bling but that Oberon cap is sweet!  Maybe I have a soft spot since I just had my tank apart and had to pop the cap in and out a few times.

Scott
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 10:42:25 PM »

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa91/chiflado/Conrad_complete_0041-2.jpg

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
jesse370

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 04:02:26 PM »

that is a beautiful part, but I prefer a lockable cap that uses the same key as the ignition....and one that is attached to the tank, cause I have a feeling that I would drop and ruin the finish.

White S4Rs | Ducati Performance Chip | Termi's | Hyperpro side mount damper | Motowheels MW-7000 Slipper | Billet Clutch Cover |  Speedymoto Ti Spring Caps | Speedymoto Stainless Springs | STM Frame Plugs | Ducati Performance Seat | CRG Roll-A-Clicks
scooby

<~ I am what I am ~>

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 05:20:58 AM »

My Oberon thingamajigger...

What would ScoobyDoo?
angler
my dangling

'05 S2R 800 Dark

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 08:11:36 AM »

Where did that cap come from? 

996 forks, BoomTubes, frame sliders, CRG bar-end mirrors, vizitech integrated tail light, rizoma front turn signals, rizoma grips, cycle cat multistrada clip ons, pantah belt covers - more to come

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H. L. Mencken
ProTeal55

HalfFastChicago.Com

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 11:27:07 AM »

but I prefer a lockable cap
I agree...
Running around Chicago with a non-lockable cap isnt a smart idea  waytogo

ProTeal55 a.k.a JoeyCocks a.k.a Joe
Member: Half Fast Chicago

http://www.HalfFastChicago.com
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 02:20:05 PM »

Where did that cap come from? 

It came with the ETI Fuel Cel.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
acemoney

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 02:48:20 PM »

ok.......dumb question #2, whats the deal with the thingamajiggers people posted on here having 8 screws and mine now has 5......hows that work out?
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 03:20:48 PM »

ok.......dumb question #2, whats the deal with the thingamajiggers people posted on here having 8 screws and mine now has 5......hows that work out?

Some of the screws do nothing.

Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 03:46:04 PM »

Some of the screws do nothing.

hey....just like my exwife laughingdp

Gaspar, Melchior and Balthasar kicked me out of the band..... they said I didnt fit the image they were trying to project. 

So I went solo.  -Me

Some people call 911..... some people are 911
-Marcus Luttrell
NAKID

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 05:15:32 PM »

I agree...
Running around Chicago with a non-lockable cap isnt a smart idea  waytogo

Why? A lot of vehicles don't have locking gas caps. Hell, my new F150 doesn't even have a gas cap...

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: